It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof our world is a-changin', baby!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Howdy ATSers,
This is my first thread and I think it'll steam your mind!

But seriously, this story began a little more than 2 years ago while doing a rare youtubing seance, one night. I stumbled upon a video by a guy from Australia ( sorry, that's all the info I can remember about it ). In it, he showed two things he had noticed. The first was that when he made quick circles in a circular bowl of water with a spoon, the middle of the swirl was squared... I've been told recently that it was a natural process and I have to research on that, unless any one of you knows. The second thing the guy showed were ice cubes he made in his freezer. The ice cubes had some kind of spikes of ice protruding from it. I tought it was impressive and went on with my ( excitingly boring or boringly exciting ) life.
Speed up to a year later. I go to my freezer to get an ice cube for my soft drink and what do I see? Not exactly a spike, but rather a drop of ice falling upward!!! Yeah! you read me right! It was falling upward in a frozen state! And it happened if not on a regular basis, at the very least, more often. So I began a non official investigation of the subject and took many pictures of the many manifestations of the phenomena.

Before I let you see the pics, I'll give you a summary of my observations. I've noticed 5 kinds of Drops; there is the Watery Drop ( looking like a drop of water ), the Long Spike Drop ( looking like a long stick is planted in your bed under the sheets ), the Small Spike ( same as long, but short...
), the Shark Fin ( well, looking like it sounds... ) and finally, the Head Drop ( looking like a semi-spherical bubble of water ).
When you'll see the pics, you will notice that there are lines of tiny bubles following the Drops or what could be a different density of water.
Unfortunately, I haven't kept a time table concerning those manifestation, but I should now.

As to the WHY it happens... I have more than one hypothesises ( did I write that word OK??? ), and we may not end where you think it will once I've finished, given I can sort it out in a comprehensive way.

The first thing that comes to the mind is; the arrival of the brown dwarf/Nibiru detected at the beginning of the 80's. A second sun would, in my opinion, modify certain laws of physics as we know them. Remember we hear it is coming from the south and the first time I got notice of the phenomena was 2 years ago, from some one in Australia. I live in Quebec, Canada, wich is rougly at the opposite of Australia, and get the same phenomena a year or so later. Coherent with the arrival of another sun.
Second; it could be HAARP, mobile telephony technology or any other one that tampers with electromagnetics on a large scale. Maybe weather control.
Third: 2012. We are nearing the Zero Point, or whatever you call it, and are beginning to see the effects of the Dream State, as called by Australian aboriginals. No one that I know has noticed this phenomena and I was the only one at home who knew of this. ( A little biography here, of some sort: since childhood, I've had "angelical" and "demoniac" visitations, visions of climate change and the discovery of new species, remote viewing, astral trip, UFOes, you get the picture, right? A true "mad one". ) So I think I might be twisting the reality around here. We keep getting 15 minutes late about every 3 months, according to EVERY watches or clocks we have! Anyway.
Fourth: Here's a knocker for you. At the beginning of the 80's the US Government hired about 15 creators of science-fiction to give them scenarii of technological advancement they would put in a novel in exchange of millions of $ and their silence. The government gave them no limit as to the creativity, and assured them they would create those things.
If you ask me, investigations should go that way... And on with the pics!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Me again.
I hope I did it ok with the pics? My first time...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You did absolutely wonderful.

A great conspiracy based explanation would be; magnetosphere shifting(which it is, fast.)

A more rational explanation...off the top of my head.

You decided to flip the ice tray upside down(which I doubt), or, there was a pocket of air in the ice that somehow slowly protruded the slushy ice layers above it upwards, which is what it appears, yet it is solid from what I can see and I don't see a pock of air in the protruding ice sickle.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

There, you can clearly see something similar to what you're explaining, however it is obvious that the air protruded the ice, and attracted it at the same time...some how.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Hey cool ice! I sometimes fill mine and just before it freezes over you turn it upside down! It makes for funky party ice . Nothing paranormal here it's quite easy to do.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
or that the center surface area of the ice is the last to solidly freeze and because ice expands as it freezes it creates this form because of the pressures it creates within itself while freezing. I would this assume that ALL other liquids that expand when they freeze would create these formations.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Best theory yet.

Basically, you've got a ice cube, frozen, however on the top, there is still a puddle of water, the center point being the thickest, it's going to move the water inwards, creating a spike.

Science, so fun =D

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Somebody posted the photo from that, but I didn't see the link so thought I'd throw it in.

And..
You too can grow ice spikes in your very own freezer!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for your replies.

There is no trick here. I'll post pictures when this happens again and show you what happens UNDER the ice... Because the ice cubes do spikes both ways, except that the under side spikes are partially crushed by the weight of the cube. It looks like the trunk of a cut three, covered by a thin layer of ice ( thinner than paper ) and that follows the shape of the container. Plus the upper side usually look like demented sea when the spikes form.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Oh. Why has it only begun about a year ago, knowing that I've never seen this in my life before ( and I'm not ten either! ), anywhere?

Can science explain this to me without saying "statistical probabilities"?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I remember seeing these types of spikes on our ice trays when I was a kid. That was 40 years ago, and so there is nothing new here to suggest that this is the result of climate change, second suns, magneto sphere, etc.

I have a very good idea of what causes this. The spikes that I saw as a kid happened when we put our ice trays in the deep freezer, not the regular freezer section of our refrigerator. The deep freezer was a lot colder, about -20 F, than the refrigerator, about 0 F.

So, IMO the water becomes supercooled and drops below the normal freezing point of water. When the water finally starts to crystalize it does so very quickly and causes a ripple to form on the surface of the water. The crystalization happens so fast that you actually freeze the wave while it is moving.

So, do you have a deep freezer? Were these ice cubes made in it? If not, check the temperature in your freezer section, it may be set way too low.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
A video would be better evidence. Nice pics.
But this happens all the time when ice trays are turned upside down when the ice is semi frozen but still has liquid inside.

The one outlined in green is rather striking, i must say

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
cool pics!

look up stalagmites and stalagtites! (hope i spelt that right)

but im guessing the same thing happens very fast in a fridge!

It not gravity.. or if that was the case rain drops and other water "stuffs" would and could be mesured at a slower verlocity rate falling from the sky !

its a build up of crystals in ur super cooool fridge
looks great tho!

star for atleast pictures

new topics

top topics

join