It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Pizza From St. Louis, Chicago Miffed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Honestly, I didn't notice . I loved President Bush at first especially after 911.
But my opinion changed when we went into Iraq.
Don't want to derail thread.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

He's the POTUS and you are going to itemize his spending? Good luck with that. There are much more problems with spending to worry about than cash-on-hand spending. It's not like this was a GIANT purchase.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I agree its not that big of deal. Its just symptomatic of the problem with our government. We have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and macaronni and cheese when we dont have any money, but when they have to borrow a trillion dollars just to break even, they just keep ordering whatever the hell they want. I just think it would have been a nice gesture on his part to show us that he is trying to cut costs, even on a small scale. I would have gained much more respect for him, if he would have just sacrificed a little like a good portion of the country is doing right now. To me, its a lead by example thing.. a we are all in this together kind of thing. Ehhh, but what the heck do I know, maybe somehow it is better if our politicians just keep spending money like its pay day and they are a lonely, drunk guy in a strip club.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
the left was all over bush for everything he did. to say this is a non issue is bs.

your in the white house your fair game its a simple as that.

its stupid to order pizza like that and fly it to him. more ridiculous.

all these so called "non issues" add up people.

nero fiddled while rome burned- in this case ate pizza.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Yeah, for authorizing and sending down orders to torture, a shady invasion, poor response to 9/11 and Katrina, etc. Big difference there, buddy.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I get you. You mean like using your countries historic economic crisis to force through your socailist, education, healthcare, and welfare agenda. You know the one the country has no money to pay for.

Or do you mean signing into law a bailout bill that gives AIG executives bonuses, and then whining about it happening, because you didnt even read the bill you just signed. Or did you really read it and just want to play stupid?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by neo67

Yeah, for authorizing and sending down orders to torture, a shady invasion, poor response to 9/11 and Katrina, etc. Big difference there, buddy.

no difference there "buddy"

what bush did was no worse than any other us president in our history.

if you really want to depend on the us government for everything in your life that is INSANE. because if you voted for obama thats what you want.

hell what you call poor responses is all the more reason to have less government in our lives.

theres only one person you can truly count on to keep a roof over your head, put food on the table and cloth you-that is yourself.

its called self reliance if you dont get that you never will

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I just want to admit my guilt too. I didnt vote for a guy like Ron Paul because I didnt want us to prematurely exit Iraq. I didnt get it. I didnt realize how right he was about our financial situation, and the fact that we couldnt afford it.

Now, I get it. I have had it with both parties. Almost every person in Congress should be removed from office. They are either blind, stupid, or they trully want to bankrupt this country.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
justsome you should be more outraged

to cap aig bonuses or tax them freddy and fanny bonuses and the for congress to get a pay raises when its not deserved. because your right congress did authorize that bs

your right all congress members should be fired. they should not have the fringe benefits such as healthcare for life even tho they only serve one term and get 401ks

they should serve 1 term for free. but we will never see that.

(generalization)
if you really thing that the american people are really represented in the white house or in congress you are sadly mistaken.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I believe many of those "agendas" you are referring to, though incorrectly, were what got him elected in the first place. Just like everyone said to me during the Bush terms, "Don't like it, you can leave. Or you can wait for a new president".

I don't care either way. Also, the bailouts have been fairly bipartisan.

reply to post by neo67

If you don't see a difference between torture and possibly spending too much on food then I don't know what else I can say to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck

I believe many of those "agendas" you are referring to, though incorrectly, were what got him elected in the first place. Just like everyone said to me during the Bush terms, "Don't like it, you can leave. Or you can wait for a new president".

I don't care either way. Also, the bailouts have been fairly bipartisan.

reply to post by neo67

If you don't see a difference between torture and possibly spending too much on food then I don't know what else I can say to you.

why dont you speak to a american pows of ww2

guess you never heard of malmedy among the other atrocities

why dont you speak to a american pows of the vietnam war

why dont you ask the british pilots of gulf war 1- iraqi torture
why dont you ask the british commando team of gulf war 1-iraqi torture

they know what torture is sitting on the outside looking in is a far cry from what the left and you tout as "torture"

to borrow your words if you cant see the difference between what the us did and what others have done then theres nothing else to say to you.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

I do not condone torture just because it has happened to our vets in the past.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I agree. I am sure somewhere during Bush's presidency that I said if those anti war people dont like it they can leave or vote someone else in. To be honest, I have really started to consider moving to another country that is little more agressive in gaining world market share for their products. Even though China is communist, I have read where really intelligent business people have said they are the most business friendly nation on Earth. So maybe one day I will be writing this to you in Chinese

I love their off with your head mentality to people who misuse the system. That 600 million acre ranch that Bernie Ebbers bought with WorldCom money doesnt sound so good when you realize if you get caught you get shot.

I could do 10 years in jail standing on my head if I knew when I got out I was looking at a few hundred million dollars of profit.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Although it does seem like a waste of money, when he has his own chefs at the white house, really it's just a distraction. This story should be at the bottom of peoples lists.

Rendition
FISA
Bailouts

That's just 3 things that are much more worthy to spend time on, and I could probably add 20 or more other items that are annoying people and are actually of relevance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join