It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Pizza From St. Louis, Chicago Miffed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
First the DVD's and now Pizza! OMFG... this is so funny! Next week, he'll probably be inviting people over to the White House to play Nintendo Wii.

Classy!

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ah, it's good to be king.
CNN must be proud being they have treated him as such since Day 1.

The irony is that virtually all the articles that discuss this leave out two things: How much did this cost and who paid for it.

People getting laid off nearly every day and he sends out for an 860 mile pizza(s). But hey, what's with all the fuss, right?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This is exactly what im talking about. The smallest little thing and you anti(christ) obama people go nuts and blast all across the country followed by "arent we in a economical crisis? Etc. Ad infinitum.

Next thing you know there's going to be a story that goes something like

" President obama was witnessed using the bathroom... Wait a minute wait a minute no no no no! Does he really have time to use the bathroom?! Arent we in an economical crisis?!"

And then you guys whine about his plans to fix the economy.

There is no end to this mindless incessant drivel.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
OK, I have to comment on this because St. Louis style pizza is the most disgusting pizza I have ever had. (I lived there for 3 years)

I have to question "judgment" here.... Who in their right mind would want a disgusting St. Louis style provel cheese piece of filth over the best pizza in the world!

en.wikipedia.org...

I remember the first time I had IMO's Pizza and thought it was a fluke... DISGUSTING!

Then a friend of mine took me down to "The Hill" and had another disgusting puke tasting "supposed" to be Italian St. Louis pizza.

For those who have no idea about St. Louis Style pizza, it uses a NASTY milk dripping cheese. Think of some Peperoni pizza that drips grease, now imagine a nasty tasting pizza dripping a milky like substance. It is nasty.

If visiting St. Louis, please order a "St. Louis" style pizza... it will make you appreciate even prefab pizza like pizza hut, dominoes, and papa johns.

God Awful!!! Crap on cardboard... cough .... gag

You get better pizza from the freezer section of you local grocery store!

[edit on 11-4-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23

the cost of supplies for 400 pizzas would be a least half the cost of 400 already made pizzas. do you know how much delivery from SL to Washington costs?

Just wondering where you got the "400 pizzas" number from?

According to the article, ..

Obama orders pizza from St. Louis, Chicago miffed

President Barack Obama is having 140 people over to the White House Friday night for a some deep-dish pizza - St. Louis deep dish pizza.

They must have been an awfully hungry 140 people to eat 400 pizzas!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

It already went to garbage when he was in office... or did you not notice?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I have never been much on an Obama fan but this certainly does seem to be nit picking.

"The President pays the grocery bill for the first family, but for state functions (such as state dinners) the federal government pays the bill. "

This is according to Wikianswers.com

Is this pizza party a state function or not. That will dictate who pays the bill.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

That post was priceless

I laughed so hard i fell out of my chair i think i broke something when i hit the floor.

reply to post by Vyrtigo

NO we really don't care if he has to use the restroom. But its the fact of the matter that we are paying for cooking staff to cook for the president and it would be cheaper for them to prepare the pizza's than flying a pizza chef from St.Louis to cook them.

and aren't we in an economic crisis these days? so wouldn't common sense tell you to not waste the taxpayers money on something that will not effect the economy?

There is no end to this mindless incessant drivel.

and we were wondering the same thing from all you people that blindly follow Obama and defend him over the stupidest things!

reply to post by infolurker

i use to go thru St. Louis on a regular basis and the St. Louis style deep dish is the worst pizza i have ever ate! vegetarian pizza tastes better than that pile of crap St. Louis calls deep dish pizza!

reply to post by Blogstalker

Anytime the president invites people to the White House its a state function. so we pick up the tab! But your right. for the everyday meals for Obama and the first family it comes out of Obama's pocket. everything else comes out of our pocket.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

140 would certainly seem to be some sort of event. But there must be times it is just a social gathering of the prezs friends and not be a state function. Of course it if he wants to get out of paying it I am sure he can come up with some sort of event title for it.

Stupid gifts and pizza parties and late night talk shows, the man behaves more like a celebrity than a president.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I can understand people are thinking I nitpicked, when posting this thread.

Really, I'm not. I'm neither a Democrat, nor a Republican.

The historical phrase "Let them eat cake" comes to mind when I read this though.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I agree that it seems superfluous. What bothers me is that the people who generally complain about this stuff (not you) are the same who say "It is their money and they can do what they want with it. This isn't communist China", or some other rhetorical statement.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
Wow... all these posts about Obama did this, Obama did that..... Can the guy take a crap without it being a news story and everyone stating their opinions on it? Who cares that he ordered pizza's and who cares where he ordered them from?

I think the real story here, is the fact this is not the only ridiculous party this man has thrown, all at the same time pretending to care about all of us as a country. This man is as fake as fake can be, and even though I'll save my "I told you so statements" until he has indeed been in office for a year, his acts are still despicable in my eyes.

And before I'm being attacked for being a conservative, and angry for him being elected, let me say that I am not, nor am I bitter he was indeed elected.

But let me say this, as much as people defend his actions and make statements like you, it really goes to show me that so far he's getting a big fat mission accomplished from all his backers.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I really must go read more about the mans "accomplishments" and not be drawn to this type of thread. (no offense to the OP) but not being a supporter this kind of thread catches my eye. I really want him to succeed, I would say that about any one elected to the office, I just don't see it happening.

Meanwhile pizza parties (who was the party for, does anyone know) and talk shows are what he is going to be known for. (so far at least)

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Sorry, jet fuel $400,000??? Way off.

A three hour flight from STL to Washington would use about 18,000 pounds of fuel in a twin-jet. That's roughly (rounding up) 2,700 gallons. Jet-A is cheaper than auto fuel, but let's still call it $3 per....that's tops, $8,100.

This thread is in the wrong Forum....there should be one titled 'Mountains out of Molehills'

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Speaking of 'classy'....how about the dude who was at a Summit and, trying to talk around a big piece of food in is mouth, tosses out over his shoulder, "Yo! Blair!" ???

Or the uninvited (and hilariously awkward) 'shoulder rub' tot he German Chancelor???

Pizza on a Friday night? Oh, the horror!!!! (Now I guess I'll have to turn myself in to the thought Police, 'cuz that's what I had for dinner last night).

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It is a bit ridiculous that he had pizza delivered from St. Louis when he has his own kitchen staff and I'm sure there are pizza places in D.C. Mostly though I think the media needs to find something new to talk about instead of detailing everything he does while in office. I find it rather sad that the reporter even wrote that story, let alone that it was actually published. Are there not more important things going on in the world than what Obama had for dinner?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So this what ATS has become? Endless bickering over non-news topics like Obama's pizza choices?

Why again, are we discussing this?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry, I am no expert on the amount of fuel it takes to fly an SR-71 or some super secret plane from St. Louis to Washington. Please forgive me. Next time I make a joke I will try to check my facts first.

I think the point of this is not to nit pick Obama, but it is more about how our politicians just dont get it. Our country is borrowing money to pay the bills, well over a trillion dollars just this year.

Now I could understand it if they only made pizza in St. Louis and the President was really Jonsing for pizza. But the fact is, there are probably 50 pizza joints within driving distance from the White House. So instead of dropping 8k on pizza they could have probably done it for less than 100 bucks. I bet if it was Obamas turn to pay out of his own pocket they would have got one from Pizza Hut. However, I will give him credit. He could have wanted to be a purist and ordered from Italy.

As far as him going to the bathroom, that is fine. I just think he should take some paperwork or a laptop in the john with him so he can be productive. That is what I do.

I really want to love Obama, but I just dont like his choices. I didnt like how Bush overspent either. I dont think it is wrong for me to expect my politicians to have some sense of financial responsibility.

To all the people that got a kick out of my little joke, thanks. I love to make people laugh.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

The whole point is that it isnt his money, its ours. If he wants to pay for pizza to be delivered from St. Louis out of his own pocket, then I say no problem. Order away and enjoy!

If we were running some huge government surplus then I wouldnt give it much thought. But when he is using BORROWED money to do it, and I have to help pay that back with interest, then I think that is wrong. Is it the end of the world? No. Is it a sign that he misses the point of the situation we face? Yes

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join