It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Orders Pizza From St. Louis, Chicago Miffed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Obama Orders Pizza From St. Louis, Chicago Miffed

apnews.myway.com

The news is hitting Chicago deep dish pizza makers' eye like a big pizza pie.

President Barack Obama is having 140 people over to the White House Friday night for a some deep-dish pizza - St. Louis deep dish pizza.

It seems during his campaign he had pizza from a restaurant called Pi in St. Louis. That's the story Pi assistant manager Lindsey Tornetto tells.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.comcast.net
sacbee.com
www.foxnews.com
news.yahoo.com

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Okay, I sure thought I rememebered we were in the middle of an economic crisis in this country. Are we citizens across the the nation of America, some of us at least, sending tea-bags to Congress in protest for April 15th? I'm not, but I keep hearing other people are.

Aren't we?

I sure thought we were in an economic crunch in this nation, where people are being evicted as mortgages are being foreclosed upon, people's vehicles are being repossessed because of failure to remit payment, and people are searching for work high and low. For those who might attack me posting this particular Political News story, because they consider I more than likely voted for McCain, hurry up and get your McNuggets off the $1 Menu at McDonalds, because I did not vote for him, neither did I vote for Obama. I'm a registered Independant.

This sure seems like a major waste of money, to send for pizza out of state, for dinner. I mean, I could see if Obama were visiting St Louis, I truly could, because he is locally in the area for some speech or another, but come on?

apnews.myway.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 10-4-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well you know this is technically helping the economy out. Rather than having his Million Dollar kitchen serve food he is ordering it from a small business!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is this all he has to do? Having parties, big dinners and concerts with bands playing in the White House?
And of all things a low class pizza party!

Some President he is!

I can hear George Bush telling Laura: " and they hated me...lololololololol
GB is probably sitting back and watching this as our country goes into the garbage can with obama in the lead.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Well you know this is technically helping the economy out. Rather than having his Million Dollar kitchen serve food he is ordering it from a small business!

Uh huh. This is exactly what I'm referring to here. The White House has staff, that can cook anything, and I mean anything, to order for President Obama and Michelle.

Originally posted by MagicaRose
Is this all he has to do? Having parties, big dinners and concerts with bands playing in the White House?
And of all things a low class pizza party!

Some President he is!

I can hear George Bush telling Laura: " and they hated me...lololololololol
GB is probably sitting back and watching this as our country goes into the garbage can with obama in the lead.

Well, I was thinking along those same lines on that, lol.

From a warmonger to a spendmonger.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I am done now.........I think I was done yesterday too though......

What happened to the good ole Pizza Hut or Domino's pizza and six pack from your local gas station?

&*)^% that pizza....... I will oder from down the street!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow... all these posts about Obama did this, Obama did that..... Can the guy take a crap without it being a news story and everyone stating their opinions on it? Who cares that he ordered pizza's and who cares where he ordered them from?

link   
Yep, even though I helped pay for that pizza, something tells me he didn't tip the delivery guy very well.

We all know he is a cheap skate.

link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I'm laughing pretty hard at that, I work for one of those two organizations.

My outlook on this isn't because I'm a Democrat nor a Republic.

It's as an offended and disenchanted American citizen, because of the thought that this nation is going down in flames economically, and our fearless leader, is having pizza delivered to the White House.

You know, I know a thing about politics, if you've read anything I've ever written on ATS you will understand that, and in politics, image, is everything.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Not to mention the fact that somethng like this would come out of his own personal pre set up budget anyway.

No money that wasnt going to be spent on him, anyway, has been spent.

I am sure the OP realizes that each president has a set personal budget that includes food, water, clothing, etc....

It was put into place when a president could not afford to live in the white house. I am sure this pizza party will come out of that budget.

No need to worry here.

I must say though that it does seem like a waste of money no matter the circumstance to order pizza from out of state. If he wants chicago style pizza perhaps he should just have his chef learn how to make it....

[edit on 10-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Oh yeah, I understand completely how the White House works, budget, et all.

I've been asked over 1,000 times to run as President.

I keep asking those people why they hate me though. They walk away scratching their head.

If I wanted to be a puppet, I'd tie strings to my wrists and ankles.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So, Im wondering about the actual mode of delivery here. Are they making it in SL, and then flying it out there? Or is the chef visiting washington? If he flys some pizza pies on air force one I will be pretty pissed off.

God I wish I could do what ever I wanted and have half the nation blindly back me. As a DJ I guarantee that if I ever become president I will throw some top notch keggers.

and yes, ya'll are invited!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I REALLY don't see the big issue here!

I'm sure if his cooking staff had to prepare something for the people he was entertaining that it would have cost a HELL of a lot more money!

Sorry, but to me, this is something that is just ridiculous to even be something that any reporter would have/should have reported in the news!

It's almost "ANAL" the way the media is trying to find anything that they can to just start a "controversy" that they MIGHT play on to boost their ratings!

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is kinda lame, i mean cmon, would you like it if CNN was telling the world, you were ordering dominos pizza? Its a freakin pizza! lol, not a politcal scandal..this time around, we shuold leave obama alone.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

The more I read your posts the more I think I am falling in love with you. Maybe its that or your giant tenticle tounge. That is so sexy.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I REALLY don't see the big issue here!

I'm sure if his cooking staff had to prepare something for the people he was entertaining that it would have cost a HELL of a lot more money!

you must understand that the white house kitchen is fully staffed 24/7.

they get paid the same amount if they have to reheat one kirspy kreme doughnut as apposed to making 400 pizzas.

the cost of supplies for 400 pizzas would be a least half the cost of 400 already made pizzas. do you know how much delivery from SL to Washington costs?

yeah the story is asinine, but so is posting on ATS past midnight, so screw it

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I hope the SOB chokes on it!

I order Pizza from down the street, and it's almost cold by the time I can get home with it.

What're they going to do? Deliver in an SR-71?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

You're probably right about that so why does he continue to do stupid things like this ?
The MsM just loves it and he makes sure there's an endless supply of things for them to report to the American people,
He seems to be doing alot of this on purpose as if he just does'nt care what anyone thinks about him.
Example:
The embarrasing display of disrespect to the Queen of England.
I think he and Michelle did this on purpose.
They just don't care.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Thanks you just made my day. I dont know what is funnier. The thought of him choking on it or the thought that they probably did use an SR-71 or the super secret Aurora for delivery.

Pizza: $400
Jet Fuel: $400,000
The thought of Obama choking on it: PRICELESS!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by dooper

Thanks you just made my day. I dont know what is funnier. The thought of him choking on it or the thought that they probably did use an SR-71 or the super secret Aurora for delivery.

Pizza: $400
Jet Fuel: $400,000
The thought of Obama choking on it: PRICELESS!

I'm laughing so hard at this post.

That's funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join