It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 450 Act forces Congress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I did a search several ways for this and could not find it.
This is not HR 45 it's HR 450.

wnd.com...

Act forces Congress' return to limited government
Legislator to colleagues: 'Your laws not authorized by Constitution'

Sponsored by Rep. John Shadegg, R-Ariz., H.R. 450, or the Enumerated Powers Act, states, "Each Act of Congress shall contain a concise and definite statement of the constitutional authority relied upon for the enactment of each portion of that Act. The failure to comply with this section shall give rise to a point of order in either House of Congress. …"

When he introduced the proposal Jan. 9, Shadegg gave a House floor speech reminding his colleagues of limited authority granted in the 10th Amendment of the United States Constitution.

It states, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

[edit on 10-4-2009 by j2000]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This make way to much sence to actually happen.
But I'll tell you what folks, this is the vehicle that we were needing to get real change.

If you believe in this, it's time to get serious and get behind it.

If we all get behind it, everyday, email, call, fax, but most important,
tell as many people as you can.

Post it everywhere.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

This is about H.R.450. The Enumerated Powers Act. It is sponsored by John Shadegg and has 19 co-sponsors. Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., chairs the House Rules Committee, and Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich., chairs the House Judiciary Committee – where the act was referred Jan. 9 and remains today.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What's the status on it now J2000? It says it was introduced on January 9, 2009.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
thomas.loc.gov...

thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.00450:

Still Alive with 19 Co-Sponsors.
I can't believe we did not see this one or that a big deal was not made of it. But, it's the about the same time they did HR 45 which drew all the attention.

I can't get the link to work right, so copy and paste.

2/9/2009 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights, and Civil Liberties

new topics

top topics

join