It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isn't there anyone in the media that I can trust?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I don't know if there is anyone in the mainstream media who I can trust. A lot of people in the media seem to have some agenda. It's obvious that the networks have an agenda. I don't know what I can trust in the MAINSTREAM media who I can trust. I kind of like Lou Dobbs, but, I need other sources. I used to like Glenn Beck before I found out about his past. So, who can I trust?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Main stream media?The MSM is owed in whole by five corporations.You hear what they want you to hear and only that.If you look at it they do the same as the politicians are doing.Oh you can't trust those lefties or you can't trust those righties.It's called divide and conquer.I wouldn't trust Dobbs or any of the rest of them right or left if I were you.Both the political partys have the same masters.MSM is nothing more than a big play put on for the sheep in this country and they sheer thier wool with wild abandon anymore.Thier are nomore Walter Cronkites and there will be nomore.The federal reserve bank runs this country and they run the corporations.A country by the politicians,for the corporations,by the federal reserve bank.Get used to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well it's easy to forget there is more outside your radio/TV. With the internet and alternative broadcasts you are much better off but the problem is weeding out the real from the bs.
Usually the guys out there who are not doing it for the attention, money or any other kind of greed who you feel in your gut is more trust worthy are the ones to listen to. Even at that check their sources and do the research for yourself. Sure it takes time but deep information just doesn't come out of a speaker or picture tube. Or you can choose ignorance like most people who trust anything they see or read

As a wise man once said - Trust No One.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I just listened to a good podcast on the same subject: www.joankenley.com... "The Media: What's True, What's Not". It mentioned what the other posters have - how most of the media is owned by a very few corporate interests. Normon Solomon – the founder of the Institute for Public Accuracy – is a guest on the show. From what I gathered from listening, that might be a good place to go to get your news, because they are a completely independent resource for tough-minded journalism and voices that aren't heard anywhere else.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by SplitPeaSoup]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Worth a bump, that podcast was very good and contained a lot of insider stories that show media manipulation. Saw some of the other episodes of The Joan Kenley Show up there, listened to a couple minutes of a few - good stuff.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Personally, i don't trust anyone in the mainstream media. Each outlet has its own agenda and the majority of the "journalists' have their own pet agendas. That isn't to say you should completely ignore these people, but you should develop a very strong BS filter.

TheAssociate

new topics

top topics

join