It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

terra papers, bible, sumerian tablets all the same story?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

There is an "ancient of days" in the bible that Daniel saw but could barely look at. Could this be the "top man" in the hierarchy ? But then Daniel was written hundreds of years after Daniel lived so what's to be trusted.

Anu was the Sumerian "God" who no-one saw, only heard about . Perhaps there was a couple of beings about WANTING people to think of them as being "The" God and that's where some confusion entered ?

But saying all this, most of the OT books were written a LONG time after the characters in those books were alive so I suspect alot of what was written was fictional rhetoric to pad out the description of historical events. And as the books were not all written by the same person it's no surprise there were differering testimonies, views and so forth. It would be a mistake to take the supposed conversations at face value in my opinion or to rely just on the bible to understand who these off-world beings are. There are so many names for this "GOD" around the world, and his helpers, it may be impossible to ever know exactly who was who, it's just a load of chinese whispers mostly.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

I got quite excited when I read the reviews of what the talmud Jmmanuel talked about but I had to face the fact there is alot of suspicion connected to it . Billy Meier of all people "happened" to find some ancient manuscripts about Jesus along with his friend . The contents were sensational , his friend translated half before being bumped off so the story goes. Meier had them in his possession for around a decade yet there exists not a single photograph of them - odd. When you read what it's about, I'd also advise doing a little research on it's supposed origins . There is only one scholar on the net who seems to support the find/contents and to be honest he has some very flimsy arguments. Just be cautious. It pained me to put on my "suspiscious" hat as the content was mind blowing in parts but it's just all too convenient in light of Meier's story over the years. And after alot of other stuff I've read now I'm not even sure Jesus ever really existed as one person but was perhaps just an ammalgamation of myth, legend, fiction , mithraism and so forth, all put together to create a new roman religion....

You can find a free pdf version of the talmud by the way, no need to buy it

ps) I get mush brain too, I have a little one myself (he's 5) so know how it goes. I've got the DVD babysitting at the moment so my brain is free

[edit on 18/4/09 by cosmicpixie]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Pixie your links are keeping me up to late. I started reading some of the pages on the second link you put up last night. Good lord I feel like the kid with the dunce hat on.

I've wondered just how we ever came up with the idea of slavery. Then last night reading that link it dawned on me. We were following the only example of how we thought life should be. We were doing what the et's did to us.

I can't ever keep straight which ones are suppose to be the good ones and which ones are suppose to be our enemies. It all also depends on who you talk to.

I look at how far we've came in the race issues and I think perhaps that all these Gods and aliens have progress even further. I'm sure there are some that still can't stand us. I have a feeling that there would be more that would think very fondly of us.

Good lord even today we mimick them with Governments. Even our Governments think of themselves as Gods and demi Gods that we can't live without. The lincoln memorial, mount rushmore..the statues of all the Greek Gods is there much difference?

Could our end of being the powerful on this planet be the same as theirs was? Is history long forgotten by our kind repeating itself?

Sorry first edit was spelling this edit is I forgot to mention something about the talmud that did bother me.

The part where it talks about gay men being against the law of creation but lesbien women are okay. I'm not into double standards. I know it talks about female animals in the wild sleeping in the same lair. To my knowledge I don't think wild female animals have sexual relations.

If the male has to go by the rules of creation than wouldn't that mean that any act other than sex with a female for the sole purpose of creating would also be against the laws of creation?
[edit on 18-4-2009 by napayshni57]

[edit on 18-4-2009 by napayshni57]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I've got to ask you something. I'm one of these people that when they have a question ask it. If you don't want to answer thats okay.

I was wondering if you've ever had your hearing tested in one of those sound proof booths? If you have did they tell you that you hear higher frequencies than most people acknowledge hearing?

Do you think that would be the reason that some people hear the angels and some people don't seem to? Or at least part of it?

Also do you consider angels part of the alien life people talk about or do you consider them something entirely different?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Undo I have a question that you might be able to give a well rounded opinion on.

The Gods of the bible were considered enternal.

Yet in the terra papers we hear of these same beings killing each other to become kings.

Would we still be dealing with Enki and Enlil or would we be dealing with others that have taken their place as their life ended or they stepped down?

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I find this to be one of the most exciting threads in a while. This is the sort of thing that I thrive on and plan to read all these links to new information posted. I have been one that has studied the bible for years and now that my mind has been opened to the gnostic texts I see things in a whole new way. I am looking forward to reading the Talmud Jmmanuel tomorrow and working up my own theory to share.

This is some thoughtful stuff, I love open minded people. Just the other day my daughters asked me why I have always had a hard time sticking to one religion or another. My only answer was as my knowledge increases I become dissatisfied and continue to search for more truth. This should be a great thread and a very inspiring exchange. Too tired tonight for much reading. red

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Remember Yeshua is the Word and in the beginning the Word was with God. So yes it is two in one, but I don't think in the way you're thinking. Interesting theory though. Jesus and God created together, before he was ever living among men. We learn this in the Gospels. They are also one in the same, yet he is still The Son. Of course when you live outside the universe anything like that could be possible as the rules there if any would be WAY different.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Awesome thread... This is what I'm talking about...
Now, I didn't get past the 3rd or so reply because I felt compelled to add this, which makes ME wonder.

From the 10 Commandments:

3 Do not have any other gods before me.

5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,

Haha, are you kidding me???
First of all, he says not to have any other godS before him... Is this an implication that there are other gods????

And this guy even says he is a jealous god. What kind of a divine being is jealous????
And egotistical?

Sorry, but this dude is whacked out of his divine skull... Plus how the OP mentioned how there are like 2 different Gods - one is each Testament.

And people expect us to believe this crap.

On a personal note, I am all for Love and Light - if anything that is MY god.
Not this nutjob who whacks people for offering incense or complaining about food or killing every first-born son in Egypt.
And besides, if this God did exist, I really like the cat and mouse games WE play with him. This guy is ever so elusive. You supposedly created us, at least have the common courtesy to babysit us in our adolesence!

That's why I am with the OP on this one... The Terra Papers and the Sumerian stuff all sound way more plausable than the crap that is in that bible.

Damn, I'm sorry guys, I just get so heated over this one...

Check this out: In the bible, they say God is from the heavens. Heavens translates to SKY.
Then you have what I just said about God being a jealous God, and not to have any other gods (lowercase, notice) before him...
THEN you have all of these other cultures: Egyptians, Sumerians, Dogon tribe - the list goes on forever: These cultures had their OWN gods, but all of a sudden the bible comes out and everyone flocks to it because it's the new(er) thing...
Well, it's not new anymore... I think people should wake up and smell the ET's.

They're the ones that have played God and gods time and time again...
Why the hell can't anyone see this?!?!!??!?!?!?

I honestly think some people just don't want to know and can't handle it...
Ok, I'm done ranting... OP, thanks for the thread, and I'm waiting for the flame thrower!!!!!

Edit to add a letter... Oopsie.

[edit on 4/18/2009 by impaired]

[edit on 4/18/2009 by impaired]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Mocking the most Supreme Being in the Universe isn't a good idea. Man was created in God's likeness and thus all of our emotions come from Him. This includes anger and jealousy. Envy is a little different than jealousy however. Jealousy might actually be sincere, whereas envy is more of a proud jealousy. If I was replaced for material things I'd be jealous too.

I mean if you think that just because something isn't visible or touched or felt (physically) it isn't there then what are atoms to the naked eye? We know dark matter is there because of the interaction on galaxies and matter. Much like how Jews and Christians know God is there, because they have interactions in their lives through Him and by Him. I swear I open my Bible every day and it takes me to a page pertaining to that day without me knowing where it will take me. The lesson I learn each time is actually quite fitting. No its not my mind looking for what I want. For example, after debating with people on the existence of God, I turned it to the Epistle of Peter regarding those who don't listen to the believing. Not on purpose. It just went there. I was trying to teach a friend about the Mystery Babylon prophecy and sure enough the Bible went there for me, right to Revelations 18. I don't think it happening on a daily basis is a coincidence. A rational skeptic would say otherwise, but who is wise but the other in human nature?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by impaired

I do believe the bible is telling us the same stories but instead of using names titles were used in it. Titles so close it added to the confusion.

Then our egos come into play also. We are humans there isn't suppose to be anything around thats smarter than us. Or have the capablility to control us. So we wrote off all accient history as fairy tales and myths. As they say every story every legend has some truth in it. I guess its up to us to find out what that is.

We say the bible is a misleading book. In that book we find Jesus telling us the scribes have lying pens. He talks in parables why would you talk in parables unless you wanted people to stop and think if his parables could confuse people and parts of the bible confuse people maybe we should take a closer look and see to straighten out the confusion.

Maybe also they thought if they could convince us that the bible was only about one God then we would be so busy trying to figure out why he acted the way he did at times or be so afraid of him that we wouldn't have the time or the courage to actually question that maybe the bible talks about more than one God. Then those that used the bible like that could have power over us for their own reasons.

I do believe the bible for some reason seems to be able to get through to us the horrors and cruelty of some of these ET's better than the other stories. Maybe because its based more in a time we can relate to instead of the movies we see like clash of the titans that depict those beings and that time.

I also believe Jesus wanted us to think to question thats why he did and said many of the things he said. But if we did that one God would not of been the profit making scheme and controling person they used him for if it were found out he was not one God but many different ones and not even a God but ET's. That some where along the way also had a creator. That really would not of been any different then us at some time in their evolution.

Which then makes me wonder just what are the creation stories of these ET's? Did they pattern the way they did things after their own creations history? Did they go through this same process as we are now where we question and put things together and say dang how could we of been so blind for so long? Or is it like with us now days every generation of parents seems to let their kids down a bit.

I think about these different Gods and can see the different parenting styles we use on our own children. I see the loving parent, the abusive parent and the parent that figures you have to let them live and learn.

What if the bible isn't a bad book? It could be that we've let people distort it. We've let the wrong people tell us what it means so it suits their needs. When all along it was really saying something different.

Jesus tells a story in the bible about a sheep herder and his flock and that one stray. The people that tell us what the bible means tell us that we are suppose to be like the flock to keep us safe and thats what Jesus was telling us. I've always thought Jesus was saying be the stray..think for yourself..it is not good to be the flock.

Then you have to look at it this way. If the bible is like the terra papers, the sumerian tablets and the tales of mythology its a history of just us. Which means there is still a creator of all out there. The one that had to create the ET's or who ever brought them into existance. I'm sure that very first God was the God you think about the one of light and love.

You have to admit one thing who ever was the person or persons that decided how the bible was to be interupted they had to be brilliant. Look at how many people through history they have brainwash with the thinking they want them to have. I don't even think our government can make that kind of claim of so many people in so many countries and coming for the brainwashing sessions voluntarily.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The Bible holds history but I think as time went on, it turned into more and more a control method as words were changed and books got removed.

If the past gods were rulers of some E.T. civilization(s) I think that what they were doing on Earth was definitely not down to a fine art. This shouldn't be reason to assume that they were evil but one shouldn't assume that they are benevolent either, despite what race of being they may be. It's possible that they history of Earth was an attempt to control a very distant planet for them and there were other competitors on the block. Or it may have been attempted coupes between leaders of one civilization for control of the planet.

Perhaps the explanation for the use of slave labor although that is debatable whether or not that happened. But if it did, it is possible that they weren't able to get supplies to the planet, thus the reasoning for using a slave race. Of course we were here to begin with but they did 'jump start' humanity, thus the reason you see the gap in evolution.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Techsnow]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

I am getting ready to read Talmul so thanks for the word of caution. However, I do recall a documentary on either the History or Discovery channel where they offered up the story of Judas as Jesus friend and that Judas and Jesus planned it all out that Judas would look like he threw Jesus under the bus so to speak. I was surprised that this channel was even offering this as a "new" option but it was very interesting and made more sense to me as the show went on.

I find this thread fasinating and this is something I too have been researching for some time. I grew up strickly southern baptist and so so many questions went unanswered for me and when asked I got brushed off and told I had to have faith. But even as a young child I thought nope there is more here and we are allowed to know this it's just surpressed.

I look forward to more people adding there thoughts and research to this thread. I flagged it and added it to my favs.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

I would like to think that slavery wasn't the only reason we were enhanced to become what we are today.

Perhaps the slavery part might of came after we were evolved. By someone that wanted to exploit this new race of beings for their own gain.

Its like with mixing breeds of dogs. People do it to get the qualities and traits they want. For all we know more experimenting went on with what now are humans than we know. Perhaps many different alien races came here saw what the first humans were like and thought I think we can do this better with our own dna. Or making some fit for other forms of duty that serves a purpose for their creator. If you wanted a race of fighters you sure wouldn't want to use the dna of a race of people that are by nature peaceful. Just like with dogs some people breed them for the temperment.

That sounds awful that I'm comparing our evolution to dog breeding doesn't it. It's the best example I could think of at this time in the morning.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

You are confusing the Talmud Jmmanuel with the Judas manuscript that surface in the last few years and was the focus of a lot of National Geographic attention. They are two different things, it's the Tamud Jmmanuel I'm talking about which is the one edited by Billy Meier. I have read a little about the other one you mentioned but not alot -yet.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Oh, I wasn't aware there were two. Ok then I will start with reading Talmul and keep an eye on this thread.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

Here's the National Geographic link to the manuscript they call "The Lost Gospel of Judas Iscariot" :

Link

And here's a link to the other one connected to Billy Meier :

Link

And a link to a small excerpt of the Billy Meier one :

Link

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by Techsnow

Its like with mixing breeds of dogs.

It Is like how we had bread dogs but it takes place on the molecular level.

I only worry that many were bread with a trait to 'believe what they are told' . hence Jesus sheep comparative.. the sheep that went astray. It Is amazing that many take it to heart that you should NOT go astray as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Sheeple is real, it really makes you wonder if we were 'programed' per say to obey and follow.

The manipulating of genetics imo has no bounds. Just the slight change can change the behavior in the majority of how a species may act. THIS I believe they DO have down to a fine art.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I ran acrossed some art work that shows paintings from other centuries that link the bible to aliens.

The Annunciation With St Emidius 1486 by Carlo Crivelli

www.nationalgallery.org.uk...

The baptism of Christ artist Aert De Gelder painted in 1710
tribes.tribe.net...

"The Madonna With Saint Giovannino".
Painted by Domenico Ghirlandaio in the 15th century.

www.crystalinks.com...

On the last link she has many different works of art with Alien ties to them. I know some on this site debuke crystalinks but I've often found when I can't find what I'm looking for any where else I can usually find it there. It is a starting point.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by napayshni57
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

I've got to ask you something. I'm one of these people that when they have a question ask it. If you don't want to answer thats okay.

I was wondering if you've ever had your hearing tested in one of those sound proof booths? If you have did they tell you that you hear higher frequencies than most people acknowledge hearing?

Do you think that would be the reason that some people hear the angels and some people don't seem to? Or at least part of it?

Also do you consider angels part of the alien life people talk about or do you consider them something entirely different?

I am not one of you, but I am
Communicating in English can sometimes be hampered because words do not exist for all the mindsets. Maybe we all should communicate in Sanskritic, even thought I would have to learn it

First, I must point out I am a Iconoclast. What that means is I reject all institutions, government, religious, educational. To me, they are what is controlling humanity. Please don't confuse this with a Anarchist mindset, I believe there should be forms of control and education, but are based in truth and reality.

Being a Iconoclast is to live outside of the organized Institution, called the matrix. Its like I sit outside the earth, hovering above, and can see all the controls and lies being applied to the planet. Once outside of the envelope of the matrix I can see the players for who and what they really are, both, good, and not so good. What we have here taken from the movie "Cool Hand Luke" is a "Failure to communicate" My personal constitution is this "I believe in God Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, and of our creators, and of his divine angels. All the rest, is debatable.

You ask about my hearing as though I hear things that really are not there, well, does one really know? I remember as a child I could walk down the street and walk past a open door, and tell if there was a TV set on in that house. It wasn't because of the sound of the TV and it voices, but because back then TVs were made with vacuum tubes. They had a distinctive "Hum", I could hear. No one else could hear it. But now that Im older, and my hearing has been subjected to jet engines and gunfire, and TVs today are solid state, I can no longer hear that TV hum.

Most people are confused about terms used in the bible and ancient scriptures, and that is normal. The writing and rewriting of these scriptures was not done to enlighten, but rather to enslave into the matrix. Whether it is "Lord God", God, Annunaki, Angels, Messiah, devil, Satan, they are all misleading because threw the years they were misapplied, sometimes out of ignorance, and sometimes out of spite. One thing I am certain of is you do not change names to protect the innocent, you change them to protect the guilty. Who is guilty, of what?

Sitting outside of the matrix, high above the earth I see something as old as creation itself. I like to think of them as Divine messengers put into a "Auto Drive" if you will, Angels for lack of a better term.

To me, there is nothing ET (alien) in the universe because its all from here and natural. So, these heavenly messengers are not ETs, but part of a very old plan, program, that is not written in stone. But that is the true beauty of it, it allows for changes that will lead to growth, both physical and spiritual.

These entities are the sentinels with a strict constitution, and can not interfere, directly, into the day to day lives of human beings. They can not offer assistance to us in the form of direct action, and can only communicate with us in a special, allowable, form. This "form" is not of the human ears, but in the heart of a human being. As the TV sets of my youth would "Buzz" in my human ear, the message of the angels "Buzz", in the human heart.

They are also "enforcers" of the very strict non intervention law, and from what I have gathered that protocol is now being applied. There might be some misunderstanding between a Merkabah and Angel, but I suspect as with all things, its part of that plan that maybe lies in the future, if we survive.

Since the very beginning mankind has struggled to understand its place in the universe and the forces that created it all. Why are we here, and who we really are has always taken its front row seat with philosophers and people with great intellect, but what they neglected to consider has not only held them back, but also enslaved them to ignorance of the truth.

To me, Jesus is a mindset, a riddle rapped around a enigma. Was he of the flesh, or of the spirit, or of both. Well, whether he was a real person or not, the symbol we are left with is quite real, he was, and still is, a great roll model. There have been many roll models sent to us, none any better than the other, or more special. And I might add, if he did come from the Divine, with a message, then he would have only been a messenger, or, Angel in the flesh.

From the scriptures it is apparent that there was a First Run of the human being form. This "Adam" race was very long lived and privileged to continue to live in the garden. Heaven on earth, if you will. But in reality, it can be quite hellish, doing the same thing day after day, with little or no new inspirations, life gets old. To me, its a prison of sorts in that as in the song "Hotel California" "you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave", is quite appropriate. Translated it means, you can die, but your body will remain. So, heaven and hell, are really the same place, at the same time and only depends on your personal opinion or view.

I have learned that there are in fact different types and forms of Angels, but not in the traditional manner. There are in reality flesh and blood angels who work tirelessly to bring mankind to a higher level of understanding about who and what they really are, and there are angels that reside within the "Ether" or other dimension, or ethereal, that make certain mechanical events happen, and shades of gray all threw it. But to who and what we really are, must be left to the individual to discover and uncover, for this is their truly divine choice.

About the "Adam" race, I have a certain pity for them as they have lead a very sheltered life, they have never been allowed out of the house sort of speak and lack certain traits that are made up for by us who do not reside in the garden. To bring these two groups together will assure a world of peace and prosperity for all, and the final defeat, of the matrix.

Its funny that no one outside of the controlled matrix attempts to speak for the divine. Oh sure, you have tons of prophets, for a profit, that will tell (sell) you the word of god. Its a nice little religious racket that is actually pay per view. But I come from a time where TV was free, and so too, is the messages of the divine. Open your hearts and you shall receive the message yourself, if you choose. If I were a divine messenger I would have but one message, and that is "Unity". Let the Sons of God, come together with the Children of earth, and the promised land will be delivered. Then, on to the stars. But, thats just me

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Its funny that no one outside of the controlled matrix attempts to speak for the divine. Oh sure, you have tons of prophets, for a profit, that will tell (sell) you the word of god. Its a nice little religious racket that is actually pay per view. But I come from a time where TV was free, and so too, is the messages of the divine. Open your hearts and you shall receive the message yourself, if you choose.

Great point. Why were the masses that were/are controlled by this 'matrix' of belief being charged "pay per view" for enlightenment.

ASE I was wonder what you consider these angels you speak of? Do you consider them ET beings are you consider them more divine than that?

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Techsnow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join