It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nvidia Mind control tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Greetings to those gathered here, 1st post. Reason: I was watching a vid for nvidia 3d glasses and an IR TRANSMITTER. the transmitter which easily looks like an unfinished pyramid, a chosen or necessary design?

www.dailymotion.com...

Also take a look at 5:21 of the vid and you'll see that unfinished pyramid that "bridges" (nose) a better perception of what u see.
I am a fan of their products but when i saw that, having always looked @ thier logo as a strong product of symbology, it rocked my core giving true meaning to "the way it's meant to be played" Also having remembered the Riddler's mind control tool in that batman movie.......

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Trinitus]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinitus

Welcome to ATS.

I can't see what your talking about the links are not working even if I cut and paste them out of the thread into my browser.

OK Better thanks

I'm not sure if there really is some sort of connection other than a simple coincidence.

I'm a big supporter of their products. Although ATI has some great cards out.

PEACE

Slay

[edit on 10-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So that's how Nvidia brainwashes people into buying their cards!

Seriously though, that product does look pretty cool. Who knows what some unscrupulous person(s) could do with that technology. And frankly, I don't think I want to know.

The problem with it is having to buy a 120hz monitor. Which can be costly, most people have regualr 60hz LCD's (myself included).

The Riddler comparison is apt because from what I recall from that movie all those brain waves Jim Carrey is guzzling down are all green.

Kind of like Nvidia. Hmmm......

I could just see Jen-Hsun Huang brooding high up in his green goblin lair sucking down the brain waves of all the nvidians, while plotting the demise of his arch nemesis ATi......

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kommunist]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Nothing fancy about this stuff, folks. All they do is block the vision for your left eye while the frame image for the right eye is rendered and vice-versa for the other eye.
If you don't wear them while fragging, then you get double-vision...the higher you crank the depth of field setting, the more obvious the double-vision effect is.
If you know what v-sync is and how the wiimote works, then you'll get the reason for the little wannabe pyramid IR unit is for(to sync the vision blocking LCD flickering with the left/right eye frames being rendered on your monitor).

I actually have a pair of these and can tell you that unless you have the equipment he says you need, the effect is less than stellar.
Another issue you might run into is that some titles have 3-D and 2-D elements and you'll get a funky doubling effect for the 2-D overlays like the HUD in tachyon, for example. You can mitigate this by reducing the depth of field or sometimes it's just better to turn off the HUD or deal with the issue...maybe they've found a way to fix that by now?

Mind control, this is not, I am afraid to say.

edit: now if you wanna talk about mind control, for those who have played Half-Life 2, think about the plot and what the G-man says to you and then think about how much you spent building your last gaming rig and try to imagine how much money is being made with each new generation of games, processors, motherboards, hard drives, monitors, GPUs etc etc...just for a better frame rate and a prettier picture.
Then just when you are where you thought you wanted to be, here goes Ageia with their PysX action and a whole host of games(ok, maybe not that many) touting the feature...
It can really get quite insane the length to which gamers go to.
I've played a few games that had satirical elements eluding to the sick and unending cycle of new tech, new game, new tech, new game that feeds on itself and most importantly, the consumer.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by 4N6310]

new topics

top topics

join