It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

9/11 truthers - what makes us different

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This thread is in response to another thread where it was referenced how 9/11 'truthers' are referred to as 'wackos' by many of the general public & mainstream media and how for many its a taboo subject.

I had a think about this and realised there are 2 groups of people that take this line, but for two entirely different reasons:

First, theres that group of people that know there may be some truth to our claims but are too scared to face up to it. These people have a 'herd' mentality & tend to conform to what is generally considered right by the majority. Their often simple folk that avoid adversity at all costs. Like the ostrich that buries its head in the sand in times of adversity, these people are weak and without substance. Mediocrity is their crowning glory.

Then theres the second group that have a vested interest in perpetuating the lie. This group is morally bankrupt. For financial or other reasons of gain, they call anyone that goes against the generally accepted lie a 'wacko'. This group however share a couple of common traits with the first group, one of which is - weakness. Unlike the non-conforming 'wackos' that tend to be able to stand alone and weather a storm, this group also share the 'herd' mentality and take comfort in having others around them that also perpetuate the lie. The saddest thing of all about these people is their life is simply one big lie.

Its funny but whenever I think of a discussion Ive had with someone about 9/11, apart from a truther, I can fit each and every one of them in one of the 2 groups above.

Comments?




posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Then theres the second group that have a vested interest in perpetuating the lie. This group is morally bankrupt. For financial or other reasons of gain, they call anyone that goes against the generally accepted lie a 'wacko'. This group however share a couple of common traits with the first group, one of which is - weakness. Unlike the non-conforming 'wackos' that tend to be able to stand alone and weather a storm, this group also share the 'herd' mentality and take comfort in having others around them that also perpetuate the lie. The saddest thing of all about these people is their life is simply one big lie.

Its funny but whenever I think of a discussion Ive had with someone about 9/11, apart from a truther, I can fit each and every one of them in one of the 2 groups above.

Comments?


SECOND GROUP CONTENDERS
------------------------------------------

bonez
cameron
jthomas
________

any other candidates?



posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Why is it that when whistle blowers attend press conferences they always continue to ask question w/o waiting for an answer? If they would just ask one question and wait for an answer they wouldn't be thrown out.



posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixNIN11
SECOND GROUP CONTENDERS
------------------------------------------

bonez
cameron
jthomas
________

any other candidates?

I can't be in the second group. I'm a member of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and also a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice.

Please tell us, matrixNIN11, what 9/11 research organization you're a member of that supports your no-plane "theories"? Oh wait, there are none!



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
GROUP THREE: People that don't buy the cheap carnival shell-game that is "9/11 truth proof."

People that were aware and awake before, during, and after 9/11/2001. People, like me, who acknowledged the very real threat of OBL and other radical religious terrorists.

People that watched the towers collapse from the impact points downward LIVE, watched all afternoon hearing that 7 World Trade was unstable and could collapse, then waiting several hours glued to the TV until it finally happened.

I could go on ..but really..heh, what's the point?

I am not a SHEEP (#1). nor a SHILL (#2) ... Nor a suckah... (grab a mirror)



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

SECOND GROUP CONTENDERS
------------------------------------------

bonez
cameron
jthomas
________

any other candidates?
--------------------------

I can't be in the second group. I'm a member of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and also a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice.


... as if that disqualifies you from the other group



Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Please tell us, matrixNIN11, what 9/11 research organization you're a member of that supports your no-plane "theories"? Oh wait, there are none!


because there's no "official" organization that supports your limited and retarded definition of NPT, doesn't invalidate it by any stretch of your imagination.




[edit on 11-4-2009 by matrixNIN11]



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by matrixNIN11
because there's no "official" organization that supports your limited and retarded definition of NPT, doesn't invalidate it by any stretch of your imagination.

Out of the thousands of professionals in the 9/11 truth movement that are scientists, physicists, engineers, etc. that don't support NPT, is invalidation enough.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver

...watched all afternoon hearing that 7 World Trade was unstable and could collapse, then waiting several hours glued to the TV until it finally happened.



I don't mean to be pedantic, but how could you watch all afternoon hearing that WTC7 was unstable, THEN wait several hours for the collapse? Seeing as the collapse occured at 17:20?

Just an observation.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
GROUP THREE: People, like me, who acknowledged the very real threat of OBL and other radical religious terrorists.


Pffft..you mean the Osama thats NOT wanted for 9/11?

Obviously you fit into group 2



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver

...watched all afternoon hearing that 7 World Trade was unstable and could collapse, then waiting several hours glued to the TV until it finally happened.



I don't mean to be pedantic, but how could you watch all afternoon hearing that WTC7 was unstable, THEN wait several hours for the collapse? Seeing as the collapse occured at 17:20?

Just an observation.
\

Because reports of 7 World Trade's instability was being reported all afternoon. It finally collapsed at about 5:30. I was watching the whole time. Which was hours...

???



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant

Originally posted by Taxi-Driver
GROUP THREE: People, like me, who acknowledged the very real threat of OBL and other radical religious terrorists.


Pffft..you mean the Osama thats NOT wanted for 9/11?


You base this on an FBI list that he is at the top of? (cheap carney shell-game?)

Do you think OBL would get off on a "technicallity" if he were captured BWAHAHAHH. AND if he were captured do you think it would be by the FBI?



Obviously you fit into group 2


Nope, I just pick my fights. And I don't trust anyone...Not the US Government, Not Alex Jones, Not what some press secretary says, not what some Fox talking head says, nor Stephen Jones, or David Ray Griffin or any spin monkey or "fact" framer.

I will cut through the BS rhetoric and come to my own conclusions, Thank you very much.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by matrixNIN11
because there's no "official" organization that supports your limited and retarded definition of NPT, doesn't invalidate it by any stretch of your imagination.

Out of the thousands of professionals in the 9/11 truth movement that are scientists, physicists, engineers, etc. that don't support NPT, is invalidation enough.

Appeal to authority-Argumentum ad populum. oops!


Originally posted by _BoneZ_
I can't be in the second group. I'm a member of Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth and also a member of Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice.

Please tell us, matrixNIN11, what 9/11 research organization you're a member of that supports your no-plane "theories"? Oh wait, there are none!


Genetic fallacies! Good one!


disinfo "For The Loss"

[edit on 4/11/2009 by JPhish]



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   


www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You're blind if you don't believe there was controlled demolition in the 9/11 incident.

Period.

The no plane story is a crock.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
9/11 is what REALLY opened my eyes. Made me wiser about shait.....wish it woudda been sooner.?

Initially I was angry, being a veteran of the 82nd Airborne, I wa ready to defend this country if terrorirsm (really) took place on our soil.

I was initially "blinded" perhaps too caugth up in the tragedy.
Things didn't add up from the getco........
I wanted answers.
I researched any evidence I could get my eyes and hands on. I would stay up hrs..and hrs......digging for details, documents. days after days.
I wasn't obsessed I was INVOLVED! For myself.
What I discovered, shocked me.
I love this country. Proudly served in the 82nd Airborne, so there is no mediocrity between myself and my loyalty to this country.
Atleast I put many time and thought into my research. How many of these people who call us wackos and say that we're unpatriotic , & ther sh*t have done their research? My bet is not 2 maNY. My uderstanding of the facts tells me:
1+1 = 2.
I'm not saying believe me. Just look at the evidence and do the math?
9/11 commission reports are BOGUS! Read them! More holes than Swiss Cheese! *stinky*

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.


It's hard for me to even get in discussions of 9/11 anymore with people, for this reason. I am mocked for the most part.
There is barely anyone I KNOW I can talk about this with......friends, family, co-workers.
Maybe I am a 'wacko'
Atleast I'll die knowing I cared. That's more imortant 2 me.... And for the people of this nation.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben NiceknowinyaHow many of these people who call us wackos and say that we're unpatriotic , & ther sh*t have done their research? My bet is not 2 maNY. My uderstanding of the facts tells me:
1+1 = 2. 9/11 commission reports are BOGUS! Read them! More holes than Swiss Cheese! *stinky*


Good post, and this is my point exactly.

Its why I believe people that believe the lie fall into one of the two categories I mentioned. I mean, if you have researched 9/11 you cant deny the math. So either those that deny the truth either havent done the math or are disinfo. They HAVE to be one or the other. There can be no inbetween unless the person researching is brain dead and cant absorb & assimilate the facts.

As an example, there are 4 members in my family 2 of which believe the lie and 2 that dont (including myself). This is a good example of a random cross-section of society. We are all fairly average people, living in average homes, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Now one of them, my 15 year old boy, believes 9/11 was planned and is a coverup. A few years ago he watched a few vids for a few minutes with me such as Loose Change, and he knows my views on the matter, but apart from that he has recently done his own research and out of the blue has come to me & said "Ive been watching a few videos & talking to a mate & there was definitely a coverup on 9/11". In other words, Ive not coerced or drummed into him my opinion in any way. Mainly because when I became aware of the coverup a few years ago I felt he was too young to be preoccupied with such facts, but also because I wanted him to find out the truth for himself.

Then theres his mother and my father who believe the lie. In both cases they have done little or NO research of 9/11. But more interesting is their reasons WHY they believe the lie.

In the mothers case her words to my son where "I dont believe there are people that evil on this earth that they would kill 3000 of their own people". Not sure what you can say to this sort of person except "There is - trust me. Man can be evil beyond what you can imagine".

In my fathers case his rational when pressed is "well 95% of the population believes the terrorist story" (a figure that is well off the mark). I dont believe they can all be wrong". Now this kind of surprised me because I'd always considered him a free thinker yet here he was arguing his case with nothing to base his belief on but that "most people believe the official story".

I mean WTF? Here we have 4 people. two have investigated & researched 9/11 and two have not. The two that have see through the smoke, the two that havent dont & are blinded. So, back to my categories again we go. IMO they fit into group 2. Now I dont believe for a moment either of these 2 people would support the official lie if they bothered to do their research and saw the truth, I dont believe either would stoop that low, but ostriches they are, in the true sense of the word.



[edit on 11-4-2009 by Nonchalant]



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben Niceknowinya
Atleast I'll die knowing I cared. That's more imortant 2 me.... And for the people of this nation.

Amen!
Being on the side of goodness and truth, no matter how scorned we are, is the most important thing.



posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This forum is for discussion of 9/11 Conspiracies, not mischaracterizing and antagonizing members.

Thread closed.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join