It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATSers - Are we aiding the introduction of the RFID chip through the back door?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Ask any number of people if they'd voluntarily have a chip inserted under their skin, in order to pay for groceries, to be tracked and to facilitate communication, I'd bet %95 percent would say"Hell NO".

Then I came across this:

Your Cell Phone as a Wallet by Anu Partanen Friday, March 13, 2009 by CNNMoney.com

Upstart Paymo, with the help of wireless carriers, aims to help U.S. consumers make mobile payments........ Forget cash, checks or plastic: In places like Japan and Finland, consumers can pay for train rides or even merchandise with a wave of their phones or via text message. Then there's the U.S. The mobile phone has yet to become a tool for payments here, largely because the different players in the mobile payment ecosystem ­--wireless operators, banks, credit card companies and software providers ­ -- have tended to squabble over how to divide the fees from such transactions.

.......Paymo, a two-year-old mobile payment network, says it has forged deals with four U.S. carriers ­ AT&T, T-Mobile, Cellular One and Virgin Mobile -- that will allow users to buy digital goods online and pay with their mobile phone..

....The service is already working in 45 countries....

See this link for full article:

finance.yahoo.com...

Ok, so soon if not already we can pay for goods and services with our cellphones....then I came across this:

www.themobiletracker.com...

GSM mobile phone tracking system via the GPS-TRACK satellite network Based on repeater triangulation, the system tracks mobile phones using GPS and GSM technology We are not responsible for possible tracking errors that may occur. Approximate margin of error: 10 meters (max.) for mobile phones in Europe and the U.K. 25 meters (max.) for mobile phones in the U.S.A., South America and Canada. 50 meters (max.) for mobile phones elsewhere. This system will not work in countries without GSM technology networks.

And:

Mobile Phone Tracking - Know where your child is Posted: Apr 10th, 2009 |

All over the world, there has to be at least a case of child kidnapping that occurs. After the kidnapping, the kidnappers usually ask for very large ransoms that are normally out of reach of the family affected.....

But I have good news for you. You can keep track of your child by using his/her phone. This will work well especially of your phone is a 3G phone
.....I say this because there is new software that has been created to help individuals track their phones after losing it or after a mugging or theft. ....

Full article at :
www.articlesbase.com...

Or this for further GPS tracking info:
blog.onlinespyshop.co.uk...

So lets tie all this up. according to Wikipedia, in 2008 there were 4,100,000,000 cell phone subscriptions on our planet. Ok I grant you that not all of them are as advanced as the phones in the articles. But for how long?

How long until all of them can be tracked and can be used to purchase good and services? ALL FROM THE PALM OF OUR HAND. How long before we get tired of carrying all this around, tired of losing our Cells, having them stolen. How long before we say, you know, wouldn't it be easier to just have it under our skin?

It's not a huge step from having a small black tracking device used for buying goods and for communication in the palm of our hands.....To having a small tracking device used to buy goods LITERALLY in the palm of our hands.

Any thoughts?

Kiwifoot

( Forgive extensive cropping and editing of articles, just trying to stick to 4000 characters)

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think we've all seen this but it brings it all together nicely:

www.youtube.com...

Kiwifoot

P.S.tried to embed the vid but couldn't

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is an excellent post. I absolutely agree. A while back I made a thread about us being chipped already, by our cell phones. However, you took the concept a step further by the next step, willingly asking for the chip in the name of convenience. It won't be long before they just implant newborns, or better yet in utero with nanochips, because it is just easier that way.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Thanks, it's a bit messy but the idea is sound, I think. I may have to change the title to grab their attention lol! I think we will all need to keep this in mind as the technology gets better and smaller!

kiwi

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The same can be said about our credit cards. It's a matter of convenience, and you can be tracked easily by any network of people, government or otherwise.

RFID Chips are coming. If not in our bodies, then in something we use everyday.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Are you guys really going to over look the advantages of this technology.

Advantages

1) It can be used to store medical record, Allowing your doctors to treat you almost immediately after an accident.

2) You wouldn't have to carry around cash, credit cards, or your check book etc.

3) Prevents Convicted criminals from repeated past actions. Do you really want a pedophile buying tickets to Disney world or going anywhere near your child's school.

4) It could be used to locate missing people or criminals who are on the run.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anubis_4400

Advantages

1) It can be used to store medical record, Allowing your doctors to treat you almost immediately after an accident.

2) You wouldn't have to carry around cash, credit cards, or your check book etc.

3) Prevents Convicted criminals from repeated past actions. Do you really want a pedophile buying tickets to Disney world or going anywhere near your child's school.

1) Maybe not so bad, but mistakes are still made on computers.
2) What happens when they turn off your bank account?
3) Because someone was convicted and did their time means they are still guilty?
4) Why stop at tracking criminals/missing people?

The feeling of safety should never come at the price of relinquishing your inalienable rights. I for one do not want to be tracked. I cancelled my cell phone recently and am living happily without it. And, the thought of not be able to purchase food/water/shelter without any means besides "credit" is downright scary.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5

Originally posted by Anubis_4400

Advantages

1) Maybe not so bad, but mistakes are still made on computers.
2) What happens when they turn off your bank account?
3) Because someone was convicted and did their time means they are still guilty?
4) Why stop at tracking criminals/missing people?

The feeling of safety should never come at the price of relinquishing your inalienable rights. I for one do not want to be tracked. I cancelled my cell phone recently and am living happily without it. And, the thought of not be able to purchase food/water/shelter without any means besides "credit" is downright scary.

1) What are the odds of that happening?

2) Why would they turn off my bank account? They have nothing to gain and I haven't done anything wrong.

3) Yes, if you kill or rape someone you will always be guilty. No amount of jail time will make you innocent.

4) Why would they want to track your every day person? They have nothing to gain.

If the government wants to find you they would it wouldn't matter if you had an RFID or not.

I highly doubt the government is out to get everyone like some people seem to believe.

P.S. They can track you through your internet connection to so you might want to get rid of that.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Anubis_4400]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
search youtube for Katherine Albrecht on RFID chips in every day products:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Anubis_4400

Why do doctors still require you to initial the appendage that they operate on? Because they make mistakes, and yes, operator input error, equals computer output error. And why does a computer need my medical information worldwide? I have a doctor locally. My travels do not require me to have a doctor in Pakistan, nor in England. But whatever. If you didnt feel safe before the advent of computers, then maybe computers are not the problem....

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Not trying to turn this religious, but this was all foretold thousands of years ago. At best they had to use terms they could understand in describing it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I know where you're coming from friend, and I'm not paranoid and blind to the advantages. But bearing in mind the freedoms we've given up to fight the war on terror, can you not see how this would be open to abuse?

I see more room for abuse, insurance companies witholding cover because of issues on your medical repor for examlple?

What happens when there's a bank error, or someone hacks YOU or the system crashes?

It's usually the law abiding citizens who end up being restricted, look at all the laws and spying going on post 911. I'm never going to be a terrorist but I bet my last dollar my calls and emails are monitered, as are all of ours!

I don't know about this, as long as they aren't aware they can be tracked, which I'm sure they will be.

I'm not paranoid, and I realise there are some great applications for this technology. But we had better be careful before it's too late. Once we all are reliant on our phones for purchasing,communication, tracking and law enforcement, it won't be long until we say, what the hell - make it smaller so it can fit under my skin, because it's easier!

Kiwifoot

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
BAM! Embedded, baby.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

THANKYOU! I'll have to learn how to do that!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5

If you didnt feel safe before the advent of computers, then maybe computers are not the problem....

I did feel safe before computers were invented. I see the benefits of technology probably because I'm a big fan a Star Trek (Let me guess NWO propaganda.
), Unlike you who regularly visits a conspiracy site.

I don't know why I bother arguing with you people who view every thing as a conspiracy Technology, Disney, government, etc. I learned a long time ago that life is to short and precious to be spent on fear, I hope you guys learn the same before its to late. One can easily be consumed with fear and paranoia.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

It comes down to a matter of trust and fear:

Do I trust such a system to provide more benefits to me, or to someone else? Do I trust such a system to be error-free? Do I trust it to be 100% reliable? Do I trust strangers who have proven in the past to be inimical to my freedoms in favor of their wealth- and power-building impulses? Do I trust this technology to be abused for profit or harm?

No, no, no, no, and yes.

Who do I fear more?

Petty criminals or power-hungry politicians and money-hungry corporatists?

I am NOT afraid of petty criminals (or "terrorists", for that matter). On that level, either I can protect myself, my family, and friends, or I can personally punish those who abuse me or mine (such people have learned the hard way to fear my wrath). Neither the local nor federal cops can do a damn thing to PREVENT squat, their only interest is in after-the-fact punishment to prove their own power. It is the politicians and corporatists who can screw with me in ways difficult to combat.

This is why I DO NOT and WILL NOT own a cellphone, nor do I use credit cards. I use cash whenever and wherever possible. When I get a grocery membership card I ask for an anonymous one: did you know that they are required to provide you with one if you ask?

And let me point out I'm not a cave-dwelling reactionary: I've been a fan of science fiction my whole life and fully appreciate the benefits of technology. I also don't live my life in fear and paranoia: I simply don't tolerate those who feel free to misuse technology to the detriment of others by making it easier for them to do so.

Tell me: have you considered RFID's potential to be used by stalkers to find their targets? Next time you send your loved one off to some remote spot, ponder how vulnerable a locator makes them to those who would do them harm.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

I agree with you the trouble is there are too many PARANOID individuals on this site that seem to think the government needs to track everyone for some strange reason.
To many sci-fi films and books read and of course the government will never tell you the truth about anything according to most people on here.
Its a bit sad really but if you look at some of the way out posts on here about mind control etc I think some people on here should be tracked

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hm, I wonder, you make it sound like this is a conspiracy/alternative news site..Oh hang on a minute...IT IS!

Duh!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That's my point...."In something we use every day" Like oure cell phones!

It's already here, but we don't see it!

Kiwifoot

top topics

join