It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

windroses, a true story I'd like to share

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Since I'm feeling sentimental atm, I'd like to share this true story...

In the summer of 2007 my brother commited suicide. Till this day no one knows why he did it, or not for sure anyway.
Loosing someone is always hard, loosing someone and not being able to give it reason is hell.... you keep asking questions all day long, trying to make sense of it.. but after a while, the people around you get tired of listening and I felt like I had to go trough it alone.
It was the hardest year of my life, not being able to tell him certain things, wondering if I could have made any difference If I'd known he was having problems or had a depression....

My beliefs went through a real test period. I used to be a very spiritual person and always thought that I would be able to sense loved ones after they'd died, but this time I felt nothing. He was gone and there was no trace of energy left of him (that I could feel). I begged for a sign that he somehow was still around...

So, about 6 months later, for the first time since it happened, I saw him in a vivid dream. He was laughing and seemed happy... he sayd that everything was ok and showed me the symbol of a windrose on the palm of his hand. When I woke up I felt better but I still thought of it as 'just a dream'.

That same week my daughter comes to me with a little toy box in her hand, she said she had a present for me. I opened the box and in it was a little card from a board game, it had a windrose on it. For a moment my heart stopped beating. She had no idea what she gave me *s*

two weeks later it started snowing, me and my kid where having a lot of fun because she hardly saw snow in her life. That afternoon I went to the store on the corner for cigarets and a new lighter. The guy behind the counter showed me a box with new lighters he just got in... my heart stood still again, they all had a windrose on them, with a text "enjoy the snow"...

3 months later. It had been a very bussy time at work and I was litteraly longing for vacation, actually at that time I was getting sick from the stress from the last year. I had a weekend planned for a few weeks later. One morning I was sorting the mail when I found an advertising in it: it was a postcard with a dog on it, around his neck he had a hanger with a windrose. The card read: the vacation is almost there.

The first day of my week off from work I went to the bank to make a deposit. The machine was out of order so I had to get in line to make the deposit at the counter. While waiting in line, my eye cought a bunch of pamflets lying on a table. I took one, it was an add for a car loan, I folded it open and on the inside there was the image of yet another windrose. It read "enjoy your vacation". I almost cried right there at the bank.

When I came home I took his picture and said out loud "thank you". After that I dreamed of him one more time, again he seemed happy.
I didn't get windroses again.

So now I have a shelf full of them and they remind me that there is more to life then this mudball we live on...

Thought I'd share....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very interesting. It goes to show that indeed we aren't alone, and we all have something to live for. It just makes you wonder what is after this life.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I don't know really if the magic is subtle or we are just thick. But it surrounds us, and sometimes we catch a glimpse and recognize it for what it is.

I liked your story. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
yes exactly

It also made me wonder about these messages, or guidance, because I saw these as some kind of guidance. A windrose that points the way, something like that.

The lighters in the store would have been there, even if I didn't went in there and the adds in my mail and in the bank where there also, even if I hadn't looked at it.
So, if this was a form of 'guiding' then he didn't bring these windroses to me, but he brought me to them.

How does that work? In the form of thoughts? Like some sort of mindcontroll, even if it was meant well?

Makes you wonder which thoughts are your own....

[edit on 10-4-2009 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I don't think I'd ask too many questions. That's a beautiful story. Just let it be and remember it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
My thought is that it is a thing called Jungian Synchronicity.

Carl Jung was a student of Sigmund Freud. Carl was a very spiritual person, who incorporated the spontaneous events which seemed somehow appropriate to the moment, like your windrose, into psychotherapy sessions.

You could read about Carl and his beliefs, it is an enjoyable story.

Not at all dry and stuffy like Sigmund himself.

I had a similar dream to yours, where I was allowed to say goodbye to my Father. I believe in elder spirits who watch over us in regard to that.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow what a nice story. Very inspiring.
It reminded me a bit of the "Interstate 60"
movie...

[edit on 10-4-2009 by frozen_snowman]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, some psychics believe that spirits can show us specific symbols to let us know that they are okay. The wind rose symbol might just be that.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It's been almost a year since I saw the last windrose and the fact that I didn't see one in all that time prooves for me that it weren't just coincidences.

At least I have this experience. It's something I will never forget

thanks for all the replies

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Wow that is a fantastic story!

I don't mean this in the context it's going to sound like, but I hope that I am as fortunate to at least get a chance to say goodbye, or know that loved ones are "ok" after they pass, as you have been with your brother.

Although I've never had a similar experience myself, my mother has brought up a few times, when we get into the subject of the paranormal, that she has had multiple close family members come to her in dreams either the day or, or shortly before their passings, to say goodbye. The only exception was a former lover, who came to her months before, in a dream, while she was living in a different state, to say goodbye.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Years ago, a lady two doors down we'll call Betsy babysat my kids before and after school. One morning when I was dropping them off, I noticed Betsy's 25 year old daughter pass by the hallway in her robe. Betsy said she (the daughter) wasn't feeling well, and well tragically she died later that day of congestive heart failure, they didn't even know she was really sick!

I helped them out as much as possible, keeping them stocked with fried chicken bread and butter and potato salad for the family members who were coming and going the next few days. About a week later, the funeral was over, and I sat down with Betsy to see if she needed to talk. She had the most peaceful look on her tear-stained face. She told me how the day before, all day they had heard this undiscernable sound in the house. That night they couldn't get to sleep because they kept hearing it. They just could not figure out what it was or where it was even coming from, it was very muffled, but constant and nagging. Finally late at night, their son who was staying at the house to comfort them, tracked the sound as coming from the attic. He got up in the attic and found an old Santa that was packed away in a box. It was playing a tune, I don't recall the name of it. Anyway, as soon as he got the Santa from the box it stopped playing. It had been one of their daughters favorite Christmas items when she was little. He took it downstairs and they saw that the batteries were rusted and melted into the battery box, no surprise since they were at least 15-20 years old. Of course they knew their daughter had managed to let them know everything was ok. That Santa has a distinguished place of honor in their home, all year long now. Life goes on, no doubt about it.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Thanks for sharing that,
it are things like this that make me see that there is more to life and after this life

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

It also made me wonder about these messages, or guidance, because I saw these as some kind of guidance. A windrose that points the way, something like that. The lighters in the store would have been there, even if I didn't went in there and the adds in my mail and in the bank where there also, even if I hadn't looked at it. So, if this was a form of 'guiding' then he didn't bring these windroses to me, but he brought me to them.

That was a really nice read and I like the way you have thought it out instead of simply drawing obvious conclusions. I'll be thinking about it all day. I've had a lot of unusual incidents since my early teens that imply something more to life. I have mixed emotions about it all because they don't make rational sense and I naturally lean towards normal explanations.

At 17 a friend was in a car accident and died in hospital. We were all long-haired rockers back then and played Fade to Black at the funeral. He loved Metallica, metal and played guitar. Anyway, following his death, his mum heard metal music in the house and from his bedroom. She said it was like a radio left on and she didn't recognize the music. Whether her brain created it to help the grieving process or whether it was Matty letting her know he was OK, it helped her and that's all that matters.

Last year, I read a Slashdot article that raised a lot of questions. It's about grief creating visual hallucinations. I'm a skeptical type, but am unable to accept that all the accounts are explained by 'hallucination.' If you read the posts on the article, some are heartfelt and very interesting. The 'hallucinations' only occur after death, not whilst a partner is in hospital or on holiday. Visual Hallucinations Are a Normal Grief Reaction It raises a lot of questions without offering a lot of answers

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Kandinsky]

[edit on 23-5-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
did one of them speak russian

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I guess science is always looking for touchable proof... as a hallicunation created by our brain

weird you mention the music, my parents used to hear his music after he died.
also, on the day of his death, I was sitting downstairs while the police and the doctor where upstairs with his body. We could hear music but it kept repeating the same sentence from the Avril lavinge song "take me by the hand take me somewhere new..." over and over and over, it drove me nuts. I figured a broken cd.... eventually the music stopped, I thought one of the police men turned it off.
The next day I went upstairs to get the cd, I wanted to have it, but there was no cd in the player... we searched for it but never found it.

top topics

join