It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber Spying a Threat, and Everyone Is in on It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Cyber Spying a Threat, and Everyone Is in on It

www.truthout.org

The Pentagon this week said it spent more than $100 million in the last six months responding to damage from cyber attacks and other computer network problems. And the White House is wrapping up a 60-day review of how the government can better use technology to protect everything from the nation's electrical grid and stock markets to tax data, airline flight systems and nuclear launch codes.

In 2008, there were 5,499 known breaches of U.S. government computers with malicious software, according to the Department of Homeland Security. That's up from 3,928 the previous year, and just 2,172 in 2006.

Serious breaches by what are described as "unknown foreign entities" have occurred in recent years in computers at the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security and Commerce, as well as NASA, according to a report by the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a nonpartisan organization in Washington.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ok, We all know that his has been happening for years, China attacks us we attack them ect. ect. ect. This is something that will continue to happen. I saw in another thread concerning the electrical grid attacks and there was a good debate in that thread. I am seriously wondering why the US does not just make a secure closed network seperate from the internet that can not be accessed remotely, is this common sense or am I missing something? What really concerns me in a conspiracy sense is that these attacks could lead to government control of the internet which has been called for by Senator Rockefeller and we all know which wonderful organization he belongs too. The internet is our last source for information and uncensored communication. Any thoughts?

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iamjesusphish

Ok, We all know that his has been happening for years, China attacks us we attack them ect. ect. ect.

Yeah think again:

The overwhelming number of malicious hacking attempts originate from TWO COUNTRIES.

Those would be America and it's 51st State, Israel:
www.usatoday.com...
www.infowar-monitor.net...

There are highschool geeks and IT nerds that are more dangerous than any government out there.

Like the people behind every single worm released for Windows XP, causing untold millions in damages and the recent Conficker worm.

[edit on 10/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Ok, We all know that his has been happening for years, China attacks us we attack them ect. ect. ect.

Yeah think again:

The overwhelming number of malicious hacking attempts originate from TWO COUNTRIES.

Those would be America and it's 51st State, Israel:
www.usatoday.com...
www.infowar-monitor.net...

There are highschool geeks and IT nerds that are more dangerous than any government out there.

Like the people behind every single worm released for Windows XP, causing untold millions in damages and the recent Conficker worm.

[edit on 10/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

How shocking you of all people were able to find a source that fingers the U.S. and Israel. I am finally just going to use the 'ignore' button on you. It is obvious that no matter what the topic you are not only an expert on it but you find the U.S. or Israel guilty of something.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

It's alright, no one likes having the harsh truth shoved in their face.

If you can't accept that after being here on ATS for a few months maybe you don't belong here after all.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

They do, anything really important is kept on an entirely different internet, as far as I know, it is not possible to 'cross over', so they cannot be accessed.

Nice to see there still pumping the current agenda, 'DESTROY THE INTERNET!'

EMM

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I know a guy that was fired for something he said on msn OUTSIDE of work....
He worked for a government agency.

That's the only real evidence of this that I've seen (and obviously can't really prove happened, to anyone here, but internet spying isn't exactly unheard of so whatevvsz....)

It bugs me, I start to get worried that every msn conversation I've ever had, including heated debates on the NWO and conspiracies and crazy stuff with my BF lol...is recorded somewhere...and will be used against me in some form. Or past experimentation with drugs that maybe I talked about online or any religious stuff or anything...
If I am a dissenter when/if they try to chip everyone or make garlic illegal or god knows what
they'll have any reason they could ever possibly want to twist anything and put me away...
But then again, who needs internet spying for that kind of stuff when people in power these days can make almost anything look like anything if they want to take out somebody weaker than them, with just a few clever lies and some good press....planted evidence...whatever.
I'm not as paranoid as I sound, trust me lol
I scarcely know what I'm talking about....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

and nuclear launch codes.

Good one! Do they really expect me to believe that these can be accessed or used via a public network such as the Internet????

If that is remotely true, then forget the threat from terrorists...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Hmmm, some hostility is nice to see, yeah, saying hacking comes for the us and Isreal only is ignorant. China has been attacking us daily for a few years and Russia as well. I myself being a computer tech with certain networking background and the fact that windows xp has remote access, anything is possible and if you don't know how to hack there is step by step guides on google. So, yea if china is paying people to to get into the department of defense networks i suppose thats a problem....

top topics

join