It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange/red UFO fleet just seen over South West Kent, UK!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Blimey!

I think i may have actually just seen a fleet of five UFO's over Ashford, Kent, England.

Looking out of my kitchen window, i saw five bright orangey red lights in a kind of arc formation over South West Ashford.

Literally, 15 minutes ago!!

I even got my wife out of bed, and she saw them too, although two of the lights had gone, and only three were still visible when she saw them.

The whole thing, including the time it took me to run upstairs and get my wife and get into the back garden only lasted about 3 or 4 minutes.

I thought at first that they were helecopters from either the police doing a search or whatever or a group of light aircraft. But what would a group of light aircraft be doing flying over Ashford, at 22:30 in an tight arc formation?

But then, the police only have the one copter (i think) in any case, i've only ever seen one fly over at a time.

It's quite cloudy here at the minute, so they kind of winked out into the clouds (no sharp movements or high speeds though).

Very bright orange with red tinges.

If your in the area, you might want to look out for them, im off to the back garden in case they come back.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Could possibly be flares? Hard to say from just the description provided.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
And in all that time, from running upstairs and back down, you didn't grab a camera to take a picture. Great.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I don't know but don't you think it would have been a better idea to get your camera instead of your wife?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Did they look anything like this? (You can jump to about the 2:00 mark)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Anythings possible Resinveins...all i know is, i watch the sky a fair bit, and i'd not seen exactly the same thing before. I doubt it though, as they were moving (apparently at a moderate speed) to the South/West, before i lost them in the cloud cover. Been here donkeys years, and never seen any flares being let off around here, and having served in the UK army, i know what they look like, these lights didn't look like flares. They were not on a falling trajectory either (as far as i could tell, anyway) as flares would be, even accounting for the attached chute.

It's even possible that it was a group of light aircraft (again i doubt it, but it's possible) such as microlites, grouping reasonably close together. Who knows.

Just wanted to give ATSers the heads up.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DEM0N

All that time? What the 3 or 4 minutes you mean?

In anycase, my three year old, broke the lens mech on my sony DSR , and my old samsung mobile isn't charged up (i barley use the thing).

So, while it flashed into my mind, 'camera', it flashed out just as quickly and was replaced by 'Eff it, it's knackered, get back down and see if they're still there' kind of thought process. (but a lot quicker than i can write or read that!)

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I think what you have seen is Chinese Lanterns,
although their light is generally more persistent
than flares,someone is having a party or Wedding.
P.S. just spent a week in Ashford celebrating,with family
a 50th Wedding anniversary!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If they were chinese lanterns, they would be floating upwards. Not travelling in a straight line.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

No, not really Phage. Only in as much as the balloons on the video are an orangy red colour.

Whatever these were, whether they were light aircraft or 'copters in formation or something else entirely, they were not drifting balloons. (or swamp gas come to that, and certainly not venus!)

I'm not saying these were 'ET' craft although, they may well have been, i just don't know.

The reason for posting, was and is to obtain possible corroboration from others in my area who may have seen them, and perhaps from a different vantage.

They are UFO's in the purest sense.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

If they were, would there be only five? In formation with quite bright lights attached? I don't think these were lanterns smurfy. Could be wrong of course, but the light intensified randomly with a weirdy red tinge (can't think of a letter description) i'm not a TV addict, i get out a lot and am scanning the sky a fair bit, being interested in astronomy, i've not seen this before is all i can say.

I'm not out to convince anyone of anything here (My wife and i are not convinced of anything ourselves!) , just wondered if others may have seen something too. I was cursing that they dissapeared so soon though.

Just my luck!

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

No, as it's knackered. The wife is too, but she's able to see, whereas the camera isn't.

spikey.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
The lantern launch in that youtube video....wow....quite pretty, I've never seen that before!

As far as why lanterns wouldn't be moving in a straight line....could wind do that, or was it all too fixed/uniformly moving to seem like that?

I don't dis-believe that UFO's exist and have had a couple of my own sightings of something that certainly wasn't anything that regular folk like me are told about in this world, at the very least...not necessarily aliens....
But I also think it's really easy for a number of things to appear strange and otherworldly...
I hope you figure it out or somebody else catches them and records them..

Sounds cool!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Just to add Spikey,I've seen those lanterns
a lot here in N.Ireland and living near a big Hotel.
They firstly,travel with the wind currents
and so can be fast or slow,
can vary in height,will be seen for some time,
and are usually one behind the other,
(although this is most noticeable
when they are fairly low,like cars in a queue).
Higher up viewing angles can look different,like in formations.
Hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Also, just for thought, even though most probably know this...there can be a wind current up high while it seems there isn't a wisp of air in motion where you are standing....
So the lanterns could have been quite happily aflight while the wind was certainly not in your hair..lol

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
have to agree with the lantern theory, i was walking home on new years night and almost died of shock when i saw a formation of orange lights slowly moving across the sky from the direction of rendlesham forrest (yeah the UK roswell place) thought i had seen my 1st ufos, but it turned out to be confirmed as chinese lanterns.

soz spikey but keep up the hunt.

new topics

top topics

join