It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to buy cheap bulk organic seeds online?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
im just wondering where the best places online to buy bulk heirloom/organic seeds from. also bulk rice and supplies?
any information would be so helpful. also looking for some other
ideas of things my family and i should be storing and so fourth.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Here is a company that is doing some great things for organic/heirloom agriculture.

However, I do not know if their prices are the best, have not looked into that deeply.

www.seedsofchange.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Here are few, order now before the gods of our government outlaw them so Monsanto can keep us safe from ourselves.

www.gardenorganic.org.uk...

My favorite link: www.greenpeople.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I don't have an answer for you. I guess I would just be doing a google search or something.

But I am curious about why you ask? What are your intentions, and what is your motivation?

I do a small amount of organic gardening for personal use in the heart of the city, but its mainly just cuz I prefer to know what I am eating, and prefer that its free of chemistry if at all possible.

I sense there is something more to it for you. Care to explain??

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here's a good one for you. Great knowledgeable people and real good prices to boot.

I know many have been pleased with them, myself included.
www.territorialseed.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

well wayno........

Yesterday i was at work and hit my head and went home after being injured. I feel like i fully "woke up" and had this feeling that i need to "get ready" for "something". Along with an annoying humming im hearing( i cant seem to figure out where its comming from) i feel the urgent need to store things such as seeds,herbs,ect. i have 2 really good green thumbs that i put to use as much as i can. Maybe im just going nuts...but its better to go with the gut instinct then to ignore it.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by trig_grl]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think seeds are only good for X- amount of time after buying them aren't they...a couple of years I think ? You may want to look into their "sell by date" as perhaps they don't grow when "past it" ?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I would look at getting seeds from a local Organic Farmer (preferably one you know) - my paranoia would keep me from trusting in anything bought online when it comes to food. But I am quite picky about where my food comes from.

Look into high-grade storage containers too. It's a waste of your time, money and space, to buy a ton of rice, seeds or flour, and not store it properly. Tight fitting, little air etc...

- Rice
- Oats
- Flour
- Seeds

Just a few things I would stock up on, If I was doing such a thing.

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

OUCH! I hope you are OK. If that humming doesn't go away, do get it checked out.

I'm with you 100% on that gut feeling thing. I try never to ignore mine when its trying to tell me something.

Personally, I feel we are great risk of screwing up our nutrition with all the G/M Agro business products. We need the nutritional diversity in the natural and older strains. Good luck to you and happy gardening.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Here's another place to order organic/non-GMO seed:
Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply. Their website is www.GrowOrganic.com. They sell vegetable, herb, and flower seed by the packet or by the ounce.

For bulk foods (for long term storage), check out Emergency Essentials. Their website is: www.BePrepared.com. They sell dehydrated and freeze-dried food in 10# cans, plus other emergency supplies like first aid kits, radios, flashlights, water filters, etc.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by trig_grl
im just wondering where the best places online to buy bulk heirloom/organic seeds from. also bulk rice and supplies?
any information would be so helpful. also looking for some other
ideas of things my family and i should be storing and so fourth.

Look for websites that have a feedback feature for customers. Overall I've had better luck with sites like that. For bulk grains, check out Honeyville Foods. store.honeyvillegrain.com...

[edit on 12-4-2009 by RKWWWW]

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is a good place to get bulk seeds,contact me if you want other links.www.wheatgrasskits.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Seed Savers Exchange

I'm going to order a bunch of stuff from them as soon as I can.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Keep any empty cans and glass jars (great for seeds & dried nuts); try to avoid plastics where you can except for water & dry beans, rice, dried corn etc.

If you are stock piling, grab some protein supplements and a really good multi vitamin with zinc and iodine.

If you have women and young girls: keep a 20kg container of cotton towels & facecloths/old large pot to use for boiling purposes (not for food)

A large dum of household bleach with at least 5.25% sodium hypochloride (to purify water)

Medical/first aid supplies (make sure it includes iodine, fine stainless steel needles); anti-biotics, pain killers

Swiss army knife or two won't go astray

Tin foil, 100m of mountain rope, afew rolls of strong string, baking powder, powered juice, canned food, thermal blankets, thermal underwear, crochet hooks, nylon (fishing nylon), water proof raincoats (oil skin and Australian made best)

Waterproof matches, torches, batteries, (military) hunting knives, manuel tools

Kids: board games

so much stuff on the internet.......but it's always good every family member gets their own waterproof backpack of some emergency supplies in case you all have to run

new topics

top topics

join