It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom who smacked son, 8, w/ hairbrush in 'moment of madness': forced to give him to social services

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
Player Please a Hair brush.. PPPPPfffffffTTTT

Whiney people now days. Man what a Sad society we live in.
Hair Brush? Come on , try hot wheels tracks, or coat hanger, or the many other things i and many others got smacked with growing up.

Boy, do I remember those hot wheel tracks! I recieved many a whippin' with those!

I don't advocate hitting your kids, but a whack every now and then never hurt us. I never considered it a beating---especially when I really was beaten years later. There is a big difference between a whippin' and a beating.

I never hit my kids, but boy, sometimes I sure felt it was needed! I take that back. I did spank them a few times when they were younger, but it did hurt me more than it did them.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History
The child was safer with his family, than he is now (locked up with strangers in government, who have a long history of destroying normal families to please their foreign & domestic masters).

Children are NOT always safer with their parents/family:

Of all children under age 5 murdered from 1976-2005 --

- 31% were killed by fathers
- 29% were killed by mothers
- 23% were killed by male acquaintances
- 7% were killed by other relatives
- 3% were killed by strangers

www.ojp.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Well you edited before i wrote a reply,i still think its rather elitist and condescending for you to say no smacking=good.. smacking=bad which came across very clearly in your post imo.When in actual fact the statistics prove you wrong,nevermind statistics though,just looking at the rest of the animal kingdom for 5 seconds and you will see how children are raised from a bear to a gorilla.

Stop putting words into my mouth.

I think if anyone sounds elitists are those who claim that the only viable solution to discipline is smacking, hitting, etc.

But, I'm not too worried what one thinks of me

And really, you can find statistics, arguments, stories, studies, etc etc to back up both sides to every argument. Here is a whole bunch of links you can read (just to show there is enough out there to support both sides):
stoptherod.net...
www.opposingviews.com... (multiple links)

[edit on 4/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi in response to the above about a child being hit by a hairbrush. I can not go into the details but she has had cancer and she needs some help-please dont judge and keep an open mind. She has had problems in the past - we are not all perfect and she needs some anger management courses!!!!

thanks

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
If everyone who hit their child with a belt in the 1950s had their child taken away, the world would be a MUCH different place.

Heck, in some schools the teachers are allowed to do that. 23 states I think? What do you do then, take the child away from the school?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join