It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom who smacked son, 8, w/ hairbrush in 'moment of madness': forced to give him to social services

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Full article (and title): Mother who smacked son, 8, with hairbrush in 'moment of madness' is forced to give him up to social services:

A mother had her eight-year-old son taken into care after she smacked him with a hairbrush for refusing to get ready for school. The 42-year-old was forced to give him up to social services after what she described as a 'moment of madness'. She was holding a hairbrush at the time and when her son refused to dress after a bath, she struck him with it twice on the shoulder to hurry him up.

A teacher later spotted the boy in pain and informed child protection officers. He was taken into emergency foster care and the mother was ordered to appear before magistrates charged with assault. She is allowed to see her son for only two hours a week after pleading guilty to assault by beating.

South Somerset magistrates' court heard the woman, of Yeovil, Somerset, apologised immediately to her son after she hit him. She admitted the incident during an interview with child protection officers. Neither of the pair can be named for legal reasons.

That child is 1 of many children stolen by the government. The government wants to own our souls. Like other poor children taken by those tyrants, he's likely to be injected with dangerous vaccinations & forced to take mood-altering drugs because he's sad without his mother.

The tyrants in government hate to serve the general-population, but they love to kidnap, rape, abuse, and mislead it, on a daily basis.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I find this horrible. A mother cant show frustration once? Goodness!

I'll admit, my father hit me once. ONCE! I was a child and being stupid. Now that I look back at it, I probably would have hit myself.
My dad was frustrated and I was crying for no other reason then I could.
He didnt hit my face or arms. He smacked my leg and then apologized for doing so.

The government is over stepping it's bounds on this one.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know the details, but there is a loophole that gives CPS money for each child they take. They'll find any excuse to rip a family apart for more cash. They might as well use a swastika for their logo.

edit - I just found this in a quick google search:
www.associatedcontent.com...

The reality is that states and counties receive $30,000 for each child removed from the home and put into the system. Those funds go up to between $40,000 and $150,000 if the child has special needs. If you think that kind of money doesn't breed corruption, think again.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Player Please a Hair brush.. PPPPPfffffffTTTT

Whiney people now days. Man what a Sad society we live in.
Hair Brush? Come on , try hot wheels tracks, or coat hanger, or the many other things i and many others got smacked with growing up.

While i dont encourage abuse of any kind, this is crazy. We use to get beat with what ever was lying around at the time.. and are fine.

Sadly i think they need to reel in the laws and rules and let parents be parents then there wont be so many whiney little brats who think they are abused because they got told no and have to go cut them self to 'release' their frustrations.

Society now days.. what a freakin joke.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
God..my mother used to rattle me against walls for christs sake,she wasn't a bad mother,i was just a cheeky bad son.Whether people like to admit it or not,violence in the sense we are talking about is good for a child.Its not about inflicting pain its about shocking the child,a quick slap..look at the rest of the animal kingdom and you will see this.Its about the shock factor,if a child does something bad or doesn't listen to the mother BAM! a quick slap will shock him and the natural reaction will be..dont do that again.There is a very large difference between what im talking about and physical abuse of course.Our society is heading down the drain,the world in my eyes is becoming idiotic yet bemusing at the same time.Who makes these laws?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is sickening I'am just so sure that social services is a much better place for this child.You constantly hear what is wrong with americas youth(I'am assuming they are from america) well it doesn't take a genius to figure it out parents are not allowed to correct their children or hold them liable for their actions.I don't promote actual child abuse but a good asswhooping never hurt anyone. I had a few growing up and believe me I never done those things again and my parents were good parents.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
probably some shrink that counts to their kids ....

i may be old school but oh well. yea lets give the kid 3 seconds to stop, never mind it may be life threatning when you need them to stop that second...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I have been spanked with a spatula and ruler...I'm fine. It is about teaching kids respect and obedience to elders.
America's youth have gone south due to parents not being able to correct and teach their children.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I know what all of you mean. The government is a serious threat to people of all ages. Those tyrants act as if they're above the law. The government has been known to torture children & their parents in foreign & domestic facilities.

They don't own us. They just want the power to do so.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

This is precisely the problem with many children today! Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of abuse by any means. I'm just saying a good smack now and then instills respect. Discipline people! FFS, the damn government needs to stay out of our homes and family business.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Several things need to be looked at here.

First how hard did she hit him that hours later the boy was still in pain?

Why did she hit the boy with both sides of the brush, it appears she was trying to deliver the most amount of pain that she could muster at the time.

I have no problems with spanking but spanking as a punishment that should be done in a controlled manner with lots of explanations for why it had to come to this.

Uncontrolled corporeal punishment done by anyone to anyone is a bridge to disaster.

She does need help and if there is no responsible family member to intervene then the state has no choice but placement until the situation can be resolved.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I find it alarming and discusting that anyone would support this woman hitting A CHILD WITH A BRUSH.

she struck him with it twice on the shoulder to hurry him up.

'She then hit him on the shoulder once with the back and once with the spikes of the hairbrush.

That flippn HURTS! And is an unnecessary and just wrong punishment.

WTF is wrong with people? If I were to hit you with a brush, id be brought up on assault charges. If a cop did this to someone in handcuffs, most of you would be screaming that he was wrong, blah blah blah.

I know I will be trashed and bashed for my opinion, but as a mother of a 5yr old, I have NEVER needed to use an object to hit my child for discipline. I cant even imagine inflicting PAIN such as this on a child.

And yes, I was hit with objects (and hands) when my mother flew into rage. Didn't teach me respect. Taught me to hate her.

Im not saying this child should be taken away - but that mother needs help and some parenting classes. Or the child should be placed with family until the mother can get help for her "illness" that she has (in the artcile).

We shout and scream about inflicting violence upon ADULTS who are criminals (cops to criminals).....but applaud a mother hitting a child with a hard obect on a sensative body part.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The article also has this paragraph:

Last night a spokesman for Somerset council said: 'Children's social care are working closely with the mother to enable her to return to caring for her son.' They refused to discuss the background to the case, or the reasons for their intervention.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

This is important. The fact is that people working in the social care system are not allowed to talk about their clients and cases, they MUST keep the confidentiality at all times. The stories you read in the newspapers and see on the news are almost always just HALF the story. This mother probably had a history of abusive behavior towards her kids prior to this particular incident.

I know this because I am a journalist myself and have met this wall of silence from social workers in my job. I also have a close friend who works in the social wellfare system here in Norway where I live. My friend is VERY frustrated that in cases like this, where children are removed from their homes temporarily or permanently, and the parents talk to the press, the social workers can not tell anyone what really has been going on with these kids. The truth is that in most cases the children has been abused both physically and emotionally for a long, long time before they finally are removed from their homes.

[edit on 10/4/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by USamf
I have been spanked with a spatula and ruler...I'm fine. It is about teaching kids respect and obedience to elders.
America's youth have gone south due to parents not being able to correct and teach their children.

Ah maybe parents should learn how to raise and train their children without physical violence. I am managing just fine. My child actually behaves BETTER then the neighbor child who is continually being hit and smacked.

The theory that physical punishment is the only proper punishments is flawed and just wrong.

Might work for some, but it certainly does NOT work for all. Fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I understand you. The child was safer with his family, than he is now (locked up with strangers in government, who have a long history of destroying normal families to please their foreign & domestic masters).

Conspiracy of Silence: Franlin Cover-up

Google Video Link

this (is a) documented horror story of government-sanctioned abuse of children

Government kidnaps your children for money!

This is only ONE story of the horrors families and children all over are facing each day. In Orange County California alone, over 3000 children are taken each month. I’ve been told that number is conservative, and is more like 4700, though I haven’t verified that as of yet.
I was also told by a CPS (Social Worker) that over 50% of the children come from average, good homes.

Social Services Kidnaps Children-Employees living LAVISH lifestyles off Funds

(Stick around for an up-coming post about how Judges are profiting BIG, ordering Adoptions, Non-Profits cash in on Adoptions, a CONFLICT OF INTEREST?)

[Keep in mind, these issues need to be evaluated all over the nations. Abuses happen, and Children Suffer! Children in Orange County California are taken, at a very high rate of between 3000 and 5000 PER MONTH. This is to Justify the Budgeting; Justify lavish lifestyles?
Thanks to Troy for sticking to this subject he has brought home 10's of THOUSANDS of children in Los Angeles County ALONE by his reporting the truth! But this is STILL happening!]

Since 1998, county auditors have found more than $9 million in unallowable or questionable expenses by the private foster-care agencies that have contracts with Los Angeles County.

The audits revealed taxpayer funds were used to pay off Las Vegas gambling debts, call psychic hot lines and pay for jewelry, parties, lottery tickets, alcohol, vacations, antiques, artwork and even a cremation.

“They have abused both children and taxpayers,” said Jon Coupal, president of the Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association. “Particularly in these tough economic times, the fact that money is being misspent this way is absolutely appalling. Local governments are screaming for more revenues, yet they are grossly misspending these funds, frittering away this money without any accountability at all.”

Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich said the county should be reimbursed for those misappropriated funds.

“There is no excuse for using money intended for foster children to cremate one’s father-in-law or to use those funds at Victoria’s Secret,” he said.

Some of the executives of the private foster care agencies that oversee the children receive up to $310,000 a year in salaries and benefits, enjoy extravagant lifestyles and drive luxury cars provided to them at public expense, the county audits reveal.

Full article: www.amiablyme.wordpress.c om

reply to post by jackieps1975

I agree with you about all of that. Thanks for sharing the truth, along with others, here.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thats an awfully awfully large judgement to make...i'd like to see collaborating evidence to backup your brilliant life and perfect lifestyle on how you raise children opposed to others who may use a smack as a discipline.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons

Thats an awfully awfully large judgement to make...i'd like to see collaborating evidence to backup your brilliant life and perfect lifestyle on how you raise children opposed to others who may use a smack as a discipline.

Ah yes! Because I said I have a brilliant and perfect life. Give me a break
I made a comparison to my neighbor and was responding to those who believe all kids should be smacked as discipline.

I suppose in your rush to bash and trash me (which I expected) you forgot to read where I wrote:

Might work for some, but it certainly does NOT work for all. Fact.

Please show me some collaborating evidence that I am wrong and that my way of parenting is incorrect.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well what about the multitude of children out there that have abusive parents, should the governemnt not do anything? And how are they supposed to know if the kid is abused once, or all the time? This will probably a good experience for both since she won't consider hitting him again.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I agree. Though this is not a situation about me but I can tell you that raising a child without hitting is easily accomplished and quite effective from personal experience.

My parents raised ten children without spanking. I can remember begging my father to spank me but he refused. He said that a spanking was too easy to forget.

His favorite mode of punishment was to chore you to death.

After spending a weekend doing floors, chopping wood and any other odd job that needed to be done, I guarantee you that it was not an offense often repeated.

My mother says that hitting only teaches hitting and that any time you leave a physical mark on a child when spanking then the spanking was too severe when counseling her friends.

My parents just did not believe in hitting unless you were defending yourself or a sibling. Yeah I was raised in one of those homes.

You fought one; you fought the whole family so you see they were no goody two shoes and yes we were military.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well you edited before i wrote a reply,i still think its rather elitist and condescending for you to say no smacking=good.. smacking=bad which came across very clearly in your post imo.When in actual fact the statistics prove you wrong,nevermind statistics though,just looking at the rest of the animal kingdom for 5 seconds and you will see how children are raised from a bear to a gorilla.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join