It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Graffiti

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Curious here as to how people feel when they see graffiti.....

Hate it??

Love it???

Don't care for it..?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
that depends on many things.
where it's done..
how good it is..
what is says either in words or the image implies..
i can't stand taggers..
little dumb "beeps" give good artists a bad name.
but..a beautiful work of art done by an artist or artists on the side of a building, say a restaurant or youth center..or a club..can look awesome.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Totally agree with AD here, it totally depends what sort. I too hate taggers, but an awesome muriel can have a profound effect on its surroundings.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Art style graffiti yes.
Tagging no.
One takes talent the other deserves a punch in the head.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Check out the link below.....these guys are SICK! Most of their work is in Bronx, NY.

www.tatscru.com...

Thanx for your opinions........

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
love certain graffiti ... i tend to like the one's that actually look like the people put time and talent into it ... doesn't matter if it's a gang sign or a mural ... as long as it looks like the people have talent ... i must say though the good one's that do it for gangs really should be putting their talent to other art related things ...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I really would love to see open season declared on taggers. Like certain months of the year declare it legal to hunt these things.

posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I have some friends that have competed in graffiti contests and they are every bit as talented as any other artists out there. They also paint and draw but there preferred media is wall murals.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

i can't stand taggers.. little dumb "beeps" give good artists a bad name.

"tagging is the buttery essence of graffiti, throwups; okay, peices bleh, maybe you should go get a graffiti colouring book or something" - earsnot. irak

i have to disagree, a beautiful tag is something to behold. tagging doesnt give good artists a bad name, the garbage taggers / garbage graffiti artists give good artists a bad name,.

exhibit A:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee53d0be3829.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally posted by Zealott
I really would love to see open season declared on taggers. Like certain months of the year declare it legal to hunt these things.

you cant find us. it takes the good taggers 3-5 seconds, add 1 sec for marker / mop readiness, good luck on your hunt.
edit on 9-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Azador

tagging doesnt take talent? you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by esqONE
reply to post by Azador

tagging doesnt take talent! you have an idea what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Azador

Originally posted by esqONE
reply to post by Azador

tagging doesnt take talent? you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Tagging requires a lot of artistic skill, writers have their own "Handstyle". However it is very rare to find a decent tag anywhere nowadays. People who don't see graffiti as art are deluded. In my opinion Art is a form of expression and there is no right or wrong way to do it.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
whats the purpose of tagging anyway?
i dont get it and i dont really like any kind of graffiti whether its good or not.
edit on 11-4-2011 by neonitus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

These kids really like fences.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

the reason behind tagging is the same reason why you see those bubbleletters (aka: throwies / throw ups) its a fast way to get your name up. and since you can do it fast, you can "get up" everywhere with little risk. Tagging when done write is like creating your own style of calligraphy or typeface. It is your logo for lack of a better word, and you want to see it everywhere.

A couple quotes from Banksy. He is the artist type of "writer", the other type are 14 year old kids trying to gain infamy. most of the time, they just gain a criminal record. With writing graffiti, a criminal record is just a matter of time. not if, but when.

"Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody draw whatever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a party where everyone was invited, not just the estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall - it's wet. " -Banksy

"Remember crime against property is not real crime. People look at an oil painting and admire the use of brushstrokes to convey meaning. People look at a graffiti painting and admire the use of a drainpipe to gain access." -Banksy

"the people who run our cities dont understand graffiti because they think nothing has the right to exist unless it makes a profit...
the people who truly deface our neighborhoods are the companies that scrawl giant slogans across buildings and buses trying to make us feel inadequate unless we buy their stuff....
any advertisement in public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours, it belongs to you ,, its yours to take, rearrange and re use.Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head.." -Banksy
edit on 15-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-4-2011 by esqONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I like it. I grew up in Baltimore so I saw a lot of it.. Good and terrible ahah

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

You either like the form of art / expression.
or
You hate it.

You made the right choice. hahah.

new topics

top topics

join