It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The(opinion) more plausible theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
As you may or may not know, 2012 is the date the world will end as we know it. There are millions of theories...

A brown dwarf star called Nibiru or Planet X(even though not a planet)
Wrathful alien species
Anti-Christ Obama
and so much more, just to name a few.

My more plausible theory is something proven to BE plausible. As you know, sunspots have the radiation to cause electrical disturbances here on Earth. Whenever a major sunspot occurs, you see in the news some nation or state lost power or the radio signals were scrambled.

The real theory, proven by scientists, is that a sunspot will occur on the Winter Solstice that will have the strength, and due to the slow decay of Earths magnetosphere, would collapse all eletrical devices and technology on Earth, thrusting us into the stone age, and ending life as 'we' know it.

Another thing I like to point out, is if you guys believe were all gona die on 2012, why make such a fuss about it? Who cares if people are informed, they can do nothing if a massive star collides into our galaxy. If the meteors from it puncturing the oort cloud dont destroy us, the radiation, heat, or even a collision would kill us.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
ah now this is more like it!!!

Point 1: The sun has NO SPOTS none zilch none wat so ever :www.space.com

Point 2: When our sun starts up "2011"

Point 3: If our little protective jacket is low and the sun goes BOOM we are in for some heavy happenings down on the rock

Point 4: If they both happen at the same time it will fry the electrical grids

"Please see canada as point of refrence" lost power due to a soloar flair:

So what happens? well we wait and see.. and you are correct its not all doom and gloom it just means the earth is about to enter #vill lol for want of a better word..

It has bugger all to do with the myan calander Nothing wat so ever..

But the dates are intreeging and if we are all going to die, or be wiped out as you stated by the fear mungers who want to prove the end of humans "not the world dont be arrogant" then why bother! its not like you have a way to say OHHHHH i told you so "LOL how dumb"..

The world will keep spining with or without us.. its how we deal with what happens is the problem.

I mean look at dinos? atleast if something happens we have a space station lol should keep a human going for abit after the world goes pop, not that its any use "who is going to guid it back?" lol..

Just another thing.. if the sun goes nova.. what happens to all the junk in space?

All comes back down to lil old earth, best light show ever!!!! :p

Liked this thread as its one of the more "mild" 2012 date / ideas

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Why are you assuming the world as we know it is 'going to end,' other than an ancient civilization deciding to end their age in that year?

Just curious...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
First of all we have to look at the truth of 2012, to look back atthe mayan calender.

this does not say the world will end, it just marks an end of an age, no reason for a new age to begin.

2nd, maybe some higher ups could have played up on this to confuse the situation and cause panic, evidence or lack of suggests planet x aint there and i dont think it is either. doesnt mean it cant be played on.

Sun spots is plausible, like someone said, none at moment, i couldnt find 1 the other day when i bounced off the light through telescope, onto paper.

who knows whats in store if you believe nwo, maybe this is mass hysteria, dont know. thats the problem with internet age, it can get very messy and distorted.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well i'm sure the ETs will have the tech to save us no matter what happens

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Please U2U me in January 2013 to tell me that you're still alive, won't you?

I know I'm going to be alright, and the more people tell me that the world's going to end, the more I know I'm going to be OK.

The Marmalade Toast supply ain't going to get burnt!!

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
or else the 2012 date, which is the end of the 5,120 year cycle...

a series of cycles that tell of a change in the cultures of humankind
that averages around 5,120 years.

to the Maya, this is the 4th such 5,120 year calendar, and in 2012 the 5th
age calendar begins..

in the past humans went from hunter-gatherer groups to being farmers & forming civilized cities...

humans went from neo-lithic stone age technology to a copper/bronze/iron age technology

illuminated mankind then advanced from being an agriculture based culture to a sophisticated, abstract body of workers at the onset ofthe industrial revolution,
and as this calendar age nears completion... the Down-Side is that:
Man has created fission-&-fusion bombs, freed himself from terra-firma,
seen 14 billion years of creation via the hubble telescope...
and as this calendar age nears its term, the worst of man's baser traits has put the whole global economic system almost in ruins ,
as mans greed & self interest has run amok.... once again

A "NewWorldOrder" marks the 'end' of this 5,120 period of human development...

What comes after??? who knows,
but i suspect that 'NWO' will be a deadly & disasterous affair for however long it takes to consume itself... most likely 3 1/2 to 7 full years

[edit on 12-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I read a lot about 2012 and my theory is that if something bad happens, it will be related to the sun.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by fmoriss]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

What comes after??? who knows,

Ascension of mankind from the 3rd dimension, via the 4th to the 5th dimension.

That would mean those humans who are able to, would become Multi-dimensional Galactic Humans, fully able to take their place with our Space Family from the other inhabited planets in our universe.

The remainder would have to remain 3rd dimensional either by choice, or because they didn't meet the required criteria.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Tallsorts]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thanks for replying, sorry it took me to long to collect over your posts.

As I was saying, I have another theory now that I see what Obama's charecter is. I believe its possible in many ways he can end the world, or make it incredibly difficult to live in. Why?

For lack of better words, hes a low class man in a high class job. This is not racist, so dont bring that utter bull# in here. Hes making mistakes that will mar the United States for life.

Somethings hes done.
1. Shakes hands with terrorists, namely Chavez.
2. He put his arm around the Queen of England, he would've been shot if he been a commoner. The queen IS royalty.
3. Bows to the Saudi King, what this just did is prove were weak to the Saudi Arabian peoples and government. USA people do NOT bow to ANY government, even our own.

I could go on, but its not needed. Id like to see how hes gona handle Russia when they start they're little thing again, little known fact is we gave weapons to them, not necessarily Obama though. Anyway, I believe hes gona make enemies with the wrong country, and start a war escallating to thermonuclear war, or plung our already unstable economy to the breaking point.

I would also like to point out economic problems, for instance. Hes used more money so far than every other president. This is taking heavy tolls on economy you can see day to day. Why do shops close? They lose money. A LOT of shops on my street close down. Were already in recession, whats next folks? Depression.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Apologies with the double post, but I have newer updates in a effort to explain some things people have been pming me about.

I firmly believe the Obama could be the anti-christ. Why?
Lets look into some things about the anti-christ legend, namely the mark of the beast.

If you look at a new law Obama is trying to pass, specifically above all else, the medical card you need to show with everything you do. Buying groceries, taking jobs, fueling your car, you always have to show this medical identification card, and if you dont have it its a 1000 dollar fine if your caught.

Now, im not saying its gona have 666 on it, but lets take into account discrepancies in the legend. Why does it have to be 666? Could it be just some type of symbolic or of other presentable ways to being the 'mark' of the anti-christ. Id like to bring up another thing, alot of people are SO sure worlds gona end in 2012, lets take a look at the year 2000, namely how all computers and electronics IN THE WORLD were going to fail, ending life as 'we' know it. Does this seem oddly familiar? Maybe a bit repetitive? You decide my friends, you decide.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Ive just read your last post.

It does fit with what you say about electronics failing possibly around 2012 with a solar sun spots supposed to be peaking around the date giving worries to the scientist's that are worried about satelites failing because of this.

Interesting theory and it fits nicely.

will it happen?
shall have to wait and see!

new topics

top topics

join