It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MTV Martial Law Warnings

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

LOL! This is video a fake!
Just look at the Onion. It's a joke from Onion News!

[edit on 11/4/2009 by zolom]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymouse876

That is very interesting: Viacom is sending a message that Big Brother is watching. Pepsi put out a similar ad campaign. They used kids who were sued by the RIAA in a promotion for their free legal music downloads. The background music was "I fought the law and the law won." What Pepsi didn't mention is that none of these kids actually "fought the law;" their cases were downgraded to civil cases.

My question, though, is how does free music and movies relate to the people who lived during Nazi Germany? The Nazis came into power after the German currency was hyper-inflated, and thus the people became poor. There's also the burning of the Reichstag. I still can't see a connection, though. Maybe Anne Frank?

The Jews weren't the only group persecuted by the Nazi regime. Let's make that clear.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

Originally posted by reluctantpawn
reply to post by HulaAnglers

We are free Americans. We are the Government. We decide who makes our rules.

You must be like 14 - 15
Tops!

You can't blame him for wanting to think positively

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Your talk of "youth this" and "youth that" is exactly what was done during Nazi Germany.

Think for yourself.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xman_in_blackx

Those sites require cookies, which is not a good thing ...

That's interesting. MTV are trying to protect themselves from allegation of inciting a riot or something by not being specific.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure it's just part of a campaign for Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day. This year it will be 21 April. I've seen a lot of similar ads, posters, showings of Schindler's List, etc.

OR...or it's MTV warning us of impending social collapse and martial law

Right.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

It would have been funnier if they covered the word "classified" with bleeps and added a laugh track.

This has to be real.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by vcwxvwligen
reply to post by anonymouse876

The Jews weren't the only group persecuted by the Nazi regime. Let's make that clear.

If I recall correctly, by the end of '45, the Germans, Russians and Jews were rather chummy with each other.
[/sarcasm]

...oh, and then there's this.

Croatia explores mass graves of 4,500 German WWII soldiers

Of course, this isn't even .1% of the 5 million + Jews killed during WWII, but it makes me wonder how much unrecorded history took place after VE day.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Tends to send the youth into overwhelm dont you think? Complacency...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

It's just that he will probably end up with a gun and orders from his loving Government, and his bad jujdement will result in alot of casualties!

[edit on 12-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think it's good to put warnings like this right smack in the homes of our spoiled, designer clothing wearing, cell phone text messaging, credit card using, lazy, pop culture following, immature, teens who account for at least some of the out of control spending and patronizing of horrible trendy clothing stores who import goods and then sell them marked up exponentialy. I wonder if the message hit home for any of the "cul de sac" gangster's that "bang" at school and then go flaunt mommy and daddys vehicles that they couldn't even afford to buy in the first place. I hope this hit home for some of the teen's living in a bubble of delussion and privledge that think life's greatest problem is what Paris Hilton was wearing and what color prada bag to buy( oh what a delehma)

MTV has surprised me with this one, (and every time they actually play a music video) I hope this scared some teens, honestly and I hope they felt threatned in their own homes to some extent based off of the depictions of the adds. American youth are completly out of control (all of them) save a small percentage. What are you gonna do when the DHS is kicking down mommy's door with loaded AR-15's ya gonna call your homies? or your bros? or your dogs? no your gonna be hearded off like anybody else prada bag and all.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantpawn

I am really shocked at your response! We have been given warning and told to prepare and all you can say is how helpless you are. What of your family? What of the children out there? You may be helpless but there are others out here that care and WILL do something should this start to come to pass. Helpless is a mindset. Research what happened in the Polish Ghetto and how a small group of people with only minimal firearms held off a large group of Nazi's. We are far from helpless. We are free Americans. We are the Government. We decide who makes our rules. If you really feel that helpless perhaps you should catch up on your history. Start with the Declaration of Independence and move up from there.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

Well I live in Canada now and no we are not prepared and not afraid either, we do not hoard tons of food and do not register guns, we live each day of our precious lives as if it were the last, fulfilling our mundane little tasks- and caring for our loved ones. Living in the present.

What freaked me out when I saw this(2006) Mtv commercial was the element of suprise, even if you are prepared, they can crash into you anytime - Sorry but it made me feel helpless, and disapointed in human beings. I am not so sure you can beat this machine, good luck to you and keep safe.
What good is your piece of paper if the law makers do not respect it.

[edit on 12-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just from watching the videos I do not see anything that makes them an Add warning of the New World Order, all I see is that they are trying to make the Holocaust more real to the teens/children watching, so they can relate to and become easier for them to comprehend the tragedy that was and to try to stop the ignorance of kids today with their jokes about the Jewish and event,
Also to just make it aware that this happen a lot of kids simply aren't educated on this subject.
The entire point is for awareness of the Holocaust, I don't think ANY public tv show would demean or trivialize such a horrible event just to convey a threat of NWO, that would cause many people to get angry seeing as NWO is seen as sometimes a joke and for now is just a conspiracy so some people would actually think they were trying to make a joke out of the Holocaust by comparing the two.
It would be nice to know if these were put out, seeing as they could simply just be for Holocaust awareness.

Just like some of the sexual diversity commercials, A group of girls uses the word "gay" to express something being stupid or dumb, and an older woman then does the same, but uses one of the girls name, to express how it would feel if something personal to you was used as a demeaning phrase.

The entire point behind Think.MTV is to create awareness on sexual issues and safely, and racism and sexism.

I think people may be reading too far into these videos, as it really doesn't make sense for the to have anything to do with NWO and the meaning is rather blatant, but for some it just got lost in translation.

And just so no one wants to throw at me that I am a "sheep", I am a believer, I mean we call all see it happening, just some choose not to.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I think MTV was just trying to show what the holocaust would look like in our day in age, but it could be used to show what martial law looks like too.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Actually kind of surprise that this would be shown on a commercial and hasn't been made mention of by political parties to at least try and down tone it.

well hopefully it caught people's attention enough in that they will go off and learn something about the world in which they and others inhabit.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
wow .... nice ads

well ... if something like this happens ... WHAT ARE U GOING OT DO? really...they dont need that many people to do it .... they close the streets first .. then they get everyone ... boom ...

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I like the message. And it's interesting to see.

My guess is that they're either funded or at least supported by civil liberty groups.

The message is clear to me, "watch your government". It's drumming the message home that Nazi Germany came about through the willingness of the people. Hitler only got away with what he did because the people allowed it to happen.
They ignored or even supported the rounding-up of innocent people (not only Jews, you know).

This has nothing to do with religion, martial law, the NWO or FEMA camps. It's simply saying that the people of Germany allowed their government extreme powers over the control of the people, and allowed their government to act without constraint. And it's pointing out that exactly the same could happen in any country.

America and the UK are not exempt from insanity, given the right timing and the right opportunity, any government can turn on the people.

That's the message I got from it.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Seriously guys.

Have we forgotten the word "CONTEXT" lately here on ATS????

Those ads were made back in the end days of the Bush era.
And heres the thing:

***It never was, and never will be, cool to be conservative, when you are young***

Period.

Young people especially were pretty ticked off during those years....

www.think.mtv.com
"Your Cause. Your Effect."

Basically this is MTVs "PSA" wing..I suppose someone in a conference room somewhere decided that even with all the crap they normally show they should develop a more socially responsible departmart that will discuss the "issues" with the kids....
Blah.

These ads are not "Blackjack". There is no prediction; only comparison. Feel free to "compare" them youselves to any inclination you might have of a possible NWO-it would be perhaps more interesting if they had showed up during this current administration.

But they won't.

No conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Actually I am in my mid forties, married and have three children. Perhaps you would care to explain your assumption?

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I think a must see -

Are these really coming out in TV? - I would like to know who is sponsoring these "commercials"? Aint no small money productions... Date goes back to July 23, 2008.

Do someone has something to tell about these masterpieces? [/quote

I don't think that will happen! My sources say otherwise. The ending is right there in black and white. The Holy Bible speaks of the chosen people in the last days. How they will be set aside and divinely protected during the antichrists' short reign. Forever a testament of His Grace. I wish in this scrambled of a brain I have left, I could rememer where in the Scriptures and let you look for yourself.

If anyone is interested I will time the time to locate it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join