It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The universe is in a loop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
So after reading and watching a lot or documentries about life and the universe, and how it happened and where were going, this is what I think is going on.

The big bang happens...a finite amount of matter explodes and starts travelling away from the explosion...

we are talking about all the matter and dark matter in the universe expanding away from the single point where the explosion took place, the centre of the universe....a black hole of enourmous size is left behind, initially the energy released from the explosion is enough to counter the newly created black holes pull (we loop back to here later)

during the expansion matter is in chaos, colliding coming together to create eventually the planets and galaxys etc.

the expansion continues planets and galaxys drifting further and further apart, but as everything is made from the same base matter I believe this expansion will continue untill the very smallest of molecules/protons of what makes up the universe will start to move away from each other, human kind has no worries here we'll be extinct long before.

Eventually these tiny pieces of matter will slow down as the energy from the big bang is finnally used up....at this point the pull from the black hole (see told you we'd loop back
) will cause the matter to reverse course and start racing back towards the centre...

the black hole will now start to grow in size and power as all matter and light are sucked in untill the energy created by everthing being forced into such a relatively small space causes an implosion that result in us going back to the very start of this post and it starts all over again......

So have fun whilst your here as its gonna be a few hundred trillion years before were coming back this way again.......

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by whoswatchinwho

I've actually thought of this myself, unfortuately for us all, the evidence is currently pointing towards there being an insufficient amount of mass to stop the expansion, and either a 'big rip' or 'big chill' scenario are more likely than the so-called 'big crunch' theory.

Which sucks, because if there was sufficient mass to collapse everything into the singularity again, then not only will the big bang happen again, but it has happened before, and will happen an infinite number of times, eventually resulting (amazing amounts of time, here) in EXACTLY the conditions we are experiencing right now.

Effective endlessness.

Alas.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
See the Oct. 2008 Scientific American for an interesting article on this. "Quantum-loop gravity". Quite a concept.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I've just quickly skimmed an article on the "big chill " theory and already have a few questions.. if the expansion were to continue on and on, this means that there is an infinite nothingness for it to expand into..

If there is an infinite nothingness then the probability that the big bang has not only happened over and over, it has probably happened in other places within the nothingness....

this poses the question..the matter from all these other universes will at some point start to meet, collide and eventually create another set of planets/galaxies etc. that did not originate from a big bang.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That could indeed be the case... however, one interpretation of the big chill states that the space into which matter expands, creating universes, is ACTUALLY infinite, versus the effective infinity of our 'universe'. The implication is that there would never be a 'center point' of mass for everything to collapse back to. (Obviously, this could be incorrect, we're talking high theory here
)

I really like your way of thinking. Stars for you!

top topics

join