It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why were the four 9/11 passenger jets at only 25% of passenger capacity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is the second point from a major thread on 9/11 covering various aspects of my original research into events surrounding 9/11 that have not been covered elsewhere on ATS. This thread was closed by a moderator in the interest of clarity, conciseness and ease of access for new interested readers/posters.

Here was the second major point as given in the original thread:

2. The four jets involved in 911 had only a total of 269 people on board, but had the capacity to handle over 1000. This, on very popular transcontinental routes that were (according to an AA stewardess interviewed by an acquaintance of mine) ROUTINELY OVER-BOOKED on any other day and should have been at at least 90% capacity instead of at just 25% capacity

There had been relatively little discussion on this topic in the original thread, as most of the attention seemed to congregate around the first topic relative to the question of CNN prior knowledge.

Most posters, as I recall, were generally supportive of this particular point, and there has been no proof given to support/refute this point, other than personal specualations that Tuesday morning would have been slower than normal for passenger traffic to the West coast at these times of boarding.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
mepatriot, you already posted this info as your initial post for the 911 thread you started...

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
mepatriot, you already posted this info as your initial post for the 911 thread you started...

Exactly, the powers that be arent going to tolerate this for much longer.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I agree. no one, at least i dont think, will ever know why they were so extremely underbooked.

I got bumped four times in January on my way from Buffalo to Miami, and travel is supposedly slower now than pre-9/11??? you'd never know it judging by the three airports I passed through.

I can understand that they were early flights, on an off-day for the airlines, but still, to be at 1/4th capacity seems almost pointless for the airline to even continue the flight, since they didn't stand to make any money from them.

I doubt we'll ever see the truth on this- the 9/11 commission is only around to aid in any coverup, and the airlines are definitely in on it, so they'll never tell us the whole truth.

I think eventually we'll start to see more and more inconsistencies in the stories- as we have been seeing little by little with the 9/11 commish.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
REHASH AGAIN OF TOPICS THAT ARE A DEAD HORSE! This singular issue has been extensively discussed in the mega-thread that was closed.

top topics

join