It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia To Test Launch Topol Ballistic Missile

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Russia To Test Launch Topol Ballistic Missile

en.rian.ru

Russia will test launch on Friday a Topol intercontinental ballistic missile from the Plesetsk space center in northern Russia, a spokesman for the Strategic Missile Forces (SMF) said.

The missile was in active service from 1987 until 2007, and deployed with the 54th Strategic Missile Division near the town of Teikovo, about 150 miles (240 km) northeast of Moscow.

"The goal of the upcoming launch is to confirm the reliability of the technical characteristics [of Topol missiles] ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
"If I would not be so busy to eat my hamburgers, and watch sports - and Talk Shows, I would think that WW3 is coming soon - so much ballistic missiles tests are underway these times..."

Or is it just coincidense? "Yeah - eat your donuts - its just routine tests..."

- Not a day without a new missile test, talks from missile threats, news from missile sales... - Should I be worry?

No - I stay in Matrix... blaah, blaah - change the channel!

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Are you on drugs? No seriously...that post was utter CRAP.

It's interesting that everyone is launching missiles in such rapid succession

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Since he's FInnish, lives in Thailand and posts in English I'm betting he speaks three languages at least. How about cutting him some slack ...unless you can do better?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
double post. sorry :-/

[edit on 10-4-2009 by mattifikation]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Don't worry Janus, some of us appreciate your contributions and the large number of new discussions you start on here. Even those of us who often disagree with your opinions. :-)

I wonder if this test is timed to coincide with Israel announcing that their ABM shield is now operational?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

Four languages in fact - Swedish too... Sorry friends, I just feel so bad today, because of the way we are heading in near future.

Sometimes I just feel so lonely with all this information gathering to my mind, because people just dont care, dont ask the real questions - or they dont know how to - or both.

I do care, and I want to know how history goes, when its actually done, with all the information and disinformation in it, I want to learn and remember - so that after a decade from now, if I have the privilege to work out my real destiny - I can say to those who finally understand to ask some questions, "how everything went to this?"

- And I will tell them also about missile tests ---

- "But... we were also alive - why we didnt know?"

- "I wonder the same those days, when there still was some time left?"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This deserves absolutely no honourable mention in the News.

1. The Topol RT-2UTTH is a recent addition to Russia's mobile, ballistic missile fleet. Of course it's going to need some testing, no reason to sh*t your pants people.

2. This missile is not Russia's answer to the European Missile Shield and should not be thought of as such. It's not MIRV capable as of yet and has a far shorter operational range than the R-36, UR-100 and newer RS-24 missiles, which are the mainstay of Russia's ICBM force.

3. America has been testing it's ABL/YAL/SM-3 and other ABM systems like crazy in recent times and I don't hear of any of those stories breaking the news.
Despite the fact they're are also designed to achieve strategic dominance by ensuring no one else can launch an ICBM successfully.

[edit on 10/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Truth.

- I just feel sarcastic when I read and then decided to post this news here. I am just tired to all thes launches following each others...

Sorry - I try to keep my focus on "real events"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
its very interesting that every one is launching and testing all there stuff around the same time..and i can't write it off as a " coincidence " because there is no such thing as coincidence when the NWO are involved

personally i think WWIII is coming, its been in the NWO's agenda for ever, and as of lately they have been preparing the sheeple for another war anyways..

will see what awaits

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The tests were known for quite some time.
No doubt Putin is laughing his behind off at Team Oh!Bummer.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wes225

Wes, haven't you noticed?

Most of them are.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The question everyone should be asking themselves - I thought Obama and the Russians were going to start to "destock" our nuclear stockpile, or at least talk about it.

I guess the Russians aren't that serious after all about destocking if they are continuing to do tests on ICBMS?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I guess the Russians aren't that serious after all about destocking if they are continuing to do tests on ICBMS?

Who the hell would equate testing newer ICBM's with reducing stockpiles?

Their stockpiles HAVE been dropping by a rate of a few hundred ICBM's per year.
The older, less safer, more mobile kind.

That doesn't mean they're just going to give up their deterrent capability in today's world and neither will the US.

Modern ICBM's don't require anywhere near the stockpiles of older variants to be effective and potent.

I think you misunderstood what Obama said: He will reduce stockpiles as long as EVERYONE ELSE follows suit. He's not going to de-claw the United States when nobody else, save for Russia, will follow their example.

Now try convincing Israel, Pakistan, India, France and China to reduce theirs and you'll win the Nobel Prize I guarantee tyou.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
en.rian.ru...

MOSCOW, April 10 (RIA Novosti) - Russia plans 14 test launches of ballistic missiles this year, the commander of the Strategic Missile Forces (SMF) said on Friday. "Fourteen launches of intercontinental ballistic missiles of various types are planned for 2009," Col. Gen. Nikolai Solovtsov said. He also said the SMF would have two mobile Topol-M missile regiments. Russia's first such regiment was deployed near the town of Teikovo near Moscow in December 2006. "By late 2009, we plan to complete the provision of the second missile regiment with Topol-M missile systems," Solovtsov said. He also said the SMF would adopt six new missile systems in 2009, including Topol-M. "Six missile systems will enter service with the SMF in 2009," the commander said. He also noted that the RS-20 Voyevoda-M (SS-18 Satan) intercontinental ballistic missile, introduced almost 21 years ago, would remain in service until 2019. "The extension of the service life of the [Voyevoda-M] missile will allow us to keep these missiles, the most powerful in the world, in the SMF for another eight to 10 years," the general said.

WW3? nahhh just getting old tech outta the way for new stuff!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by CTPAX]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Just as other pointed out already, these tests are so routine now that Russia is upgrading their ICBM technology, that they are no longer newsworthy. The same goes for Russian bomber training missions to probe radar detection of other nations. I guess it will take a while for some people to get used to them.

This has nothing to do with North Korea's launch. Russia has been test launching Topol M's periodically now. Also unlike NK's missiles, they do not fly over any territory other than Russia.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

No doubt Putin is laughing his behind off at Team Oh!Bummer.

Err, why?

If the previous administration (or ANY of them) was successful at deterring the Russians from testing their new hardware, I am unaware of it.

Why inject partisan rhetoric into something utterly orthogonal to it?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The question everyone should be asking themselves - I thought Obama and the Russians were going to start to "destock" our nuclear stockpile, or at least talk about it.

Neither the Russians, nor the Chinese, nor the North Koreans, nor Iran, will on their own, either stop testing for new ICBMs, or the old in the case of Russia, China, and north Korea to mention a few.

Meanwhile the Obama team are going to disarm the United States, militarily, and also most of the civilians, meanwhile Obama, Rahm and the rest of their team continue to increase their own civilian military force, which will be as well founded as the military, and as well trained, as they indoctrinate children and some brainwashed adults to follow the party line nomatter what, and to help in the control of the rest of the population.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Err, why?

If the previous administration (or ANY of them) was successful at deterring the Russians from testing their new hardware, I am unaware of it.

You better get down once and for all from your "Lunar Orbit".... Obama has been asking Putin and the Russians to work together to disarm each other of their ICBMs...that's what he meant.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

Wes, haven't you noticed?

Most of them are.

Must be talking about yourself I guess.

Quite an argument to claim people must be on drugs to put two and two together.

Not too long ago people like you were still claiming the Russians, and the Chinese were not trying to bring a new world order of their own, nor a new economy of their own, and now they have stated quite clearly alongside people like Chavez that this is exactly what they want.

The question is, on what side of the several "New World Order" plans are the present administration, and most politicians in the U.S.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join