It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archbishop says pending report to show Irish priests abused 'thousands' of children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
RawStory.com

At a Thursday mass in Dublin's Pro-Cathedral, an Irish Archbishop shocked his congregation, which included numerous priests, by exclaiming that a forthcoming investigative report will reveal that over three decades, Irish Catholic priests have abused "thousands" of children.

"[The report] will make us and the entire church a humbler church," he said.

"The archbishop said the report, compiled by the Dublin Archdiocese Commission of Investigation, is expected to show that 'thousands of children or young people across Ireland were abused by priests in the period under investigation and the horror of that abuse was not recognized for what it is,'" reported the Associated Press.

"The government-appointed commission was set up to investigate abuses within the Dublin archdiocese in 2006, the same year the diocese admitted that up to 102 of its priests were suspected of abusing children. The report is studying how complaints of child sexual abuse were handled."

"Martin is seen as a reformer sent in by the Vatican to clean up a church rocked by a decade and a half of scandals," reported the Guardian. "One of the most notorious, in the mid-1990s, involved priest Brendan Smyth and indirectly led to the collapse of Albert Reynolds's government.

As usual, these are the false-priests' victims: mostly boys & some girls. And these are the victims' common predators: Homosexuals, who pose as moral-authorities in temples/cathedrals (common shelters for idol-worshipers). Minions of the Roman Empire (which is still strong & controlling the European Union) will continue to kill, rape, & mislead the masses, until they're destroyed.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It's an alleged pending report. I can't really comment on it until it is out ... (which may never happen) ... and we read the allegations. PENDING and ALLEGATIONS being the key words.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I was an alter boy in ireland when i was 9-10, and a better priest you would not find in this world.

People should stop trying to label catholic priests as paedos. Like i said i was an alter boy in ireland, and i doubt you would find a better priest than the one we had back then, where we lived.

So although there may be some bad ones, i accept, some males runningfrom the sexual problems, most priests are decent people.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's an alleged pending report. I can't really comment on it until it is out ... (which may never happen) ... and we read the allegations. PENDING and ALLEGATIONS being the key words.

Something tells me we'll be seeing those obsolete, skewed, apologists "less than 1%" statistics dusted off and offered to diminish this claim.

Back On Topic.

Of course we will anxiously await outcome of this and monitor story. But in a word and if true......Appalling. I will await to see what develops before casting any of that good ol' fashioned shame.

Benefit of doubt given until substantiated or swept under Holier Than Thou rug.

Thanks to OP for sharing. I have a keen interest in this topic.

Regards...KK

[edit on 10-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You should consider yourself fortunate.

Glad to see a first-hand positive account.

Regards...KK

new topics

top topics

join