It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday Myth how satan twists the truth

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Love God and Love your neighbor. Do you realize what the great commandment and golden rule are? They simply summarize the 10 commandments. To love God is to 1)put no other God before Him. 2) to refrain from worshipping false idols. 3) to not say the Lord's name in vain. 4) to keep His sabbath day holy.

To love your neighbor is to 5)honor your mother and father. 6) not bearing false witness (lieing). 7) Not murder. 8) Not commit adultery. 9)Not stealing. 10) Not coveting your neighbor's posessions.

So you see, to love God and love your neighbor is simply the 10 commandments summarized into 2. Jesus didn't do away with the Old Testament Laws. He did away with the Levitical high priest sacrificial system due to the fact that Jesus became our permanent "High Priest". All commandments and bylaws still stand. Don't generalize and compramise with your reasoning. The hardest thing for most christians to do is accept that they've been doing things wrong this whole time. I came to that realization and fixed it. You should do the same or go on believing in fairy tales.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Locoman8, my relationship with God has nothing to do with you or anyone else.

This thread is about how satan twists the truth. If hell is separation from God (it interests me that you ignored that statement in my previous post) then it stands to reason satan's agenda is to separate people from God. It must greatly amuse satan to see those who have taken a path of light bickering amongst themselves, splitting hairs over hours and days, ignoring the teachings of Jesus.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

That's because the separation from God referred to in the bible is the absence of life with no hope of a resurrection. Doesn't mean you'll suffer for eternity. It means you'll die and be dead forever from the second death which is the lake of fire.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

No part of any energy dies forever....God is the master of recycle recycle recycle.

Why would God leave all the answers ina book that can be changed, destroyed, burned and done away with.'

The template is in the indestructible, the things that were always here with us and will always be here with us....its in the life of nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

So you're basically saying to use human reason over holy scripture? What you're saying about energies and such have no biblical basis or proof. When someone dies, the God-given Breath of Life returns to God. This is not a spirit or soul, it's simply the element of life that causes us to LIVE. When we die, the Breath of Life leaves us, and we are in an unconcious state in which we rest until God resurrects us either in the first resurrection (after tribulation) or the second resurrection (after 1000 years of peace on earth). Eclessiastes 9:5 even states that "the living know they will die, but the dead know nothing."

This whole notion of recycling is true and that's what happens when God resurrects us from the dead. He breaths the breath of life back into us. Read the story of the Valley of Dry Bones in Ezekiel chapter 37 and it explains the 2nd resurrection (to flesh). The first resurrection is one of spirit form. We transform to spirit, we don't have a spirit separate from our physical bodies.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Most defiantly use human reasoning over any material object. Most defiantly ask yourself if things make any sense. I lived by scriptures for many years. It got me no where and actually leads people to this ego issue that good deeds makes one better then another....good enough to enter heaven ect.

I do not worship Yahweh nor do I take the OT as divine....but yet one can find the ancient beliefs and traditions in the OT, such as the offering of harvest.

Did God make you with your human reasoning? Is your reasoning constant and indestructible? Is it your own that someone cant take away from you? Can someone change your reasoning without your permission? Did God manifest you with logic and understanding? Did God make us to understand the orders of things?

Why would God leave answers in a book? How would the world find God if the book became banned or worse, the world almost comes to an end with mostly all things destroyed that are of material?

Humans found God long before the Bible. They found Thee in their own reflections of the water, in the wind, in the trees, in the stars, in the fire....they found the essence in the orders of nature.

To think there is no purpose for our human reasoning....wow. To think God can do as Thee wishes and intervenes when Thee doesnt like how things are going....and just expects us all to believe in a book with all the answers, even though Thee made us to be logical and use reasoning to figure things out....makes no sense to me. The book is misleading the masses....even though there is much truth about mankind in it. The OT does not display the divine....the OT displays human behaviors such as anger, jealousy, wrath, revenge, loss of hope, impatient, pride, and love for material things such as gold and material temples....I see serious red flags when god kills babies to prove a point and serious issues with god enjoying the savor of blood offerings. People like to give the fast answer....well who are we to question what God does....well we are a part of Thee, we are Thee's own emanations, our purest nature can show us what Thee's nature is and this is the very reason why we have logic and reasoning, to find the divine nature.

It took me a couple yrs to twist my head out of the knot the Bible put my mind in....but I will never accept again that the OT talks about a divine God.

Each to their own...just sharing my point of view
LV

[edit on 20-4-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I also totally believe now that we do most defiantly have a spirit that is separate from our physical bodies. The body is the true temple that holds this divine spirit.

I dont believe we sit and wait on anything or on God to make a move....God is waiting on us, on everything that holds the nature of thee within it....we want to think that God is this god who will fix things and interrupt our orderly logical world with supernatural events....but I would bet my life on it that this is not the way Thee works. These are just are own wishes, our own wants. It brings comfort to minds that worry about afterlife and the end of the world.

By people celebrating the phase of the moon with the bloody massacre of babies in Egypt....we are creating negative energies. This is why I do fast but celebrate and remember the thanks for harvesting. We are the ones at fault for placing blood on Gods hands. We still do it to this day with accepting Jesus had to die for our sins.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Nice opinion. I guess we can't really argue the whole bible thing because you don't believe in it. I feel human reason is good with the right people but human reasoning still has major faults. What happens to someone's reasoning when they go out to decied to murder someone or to rape someone? God's laws in the old testament forbid murder, adultry, covetness, etc. Many humans reason for these things to be okay. Just my point of view.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Right, it says not to murder, but then god backs them in wars over some land. god tells them to kill families.

Since the true battle is with flesh and spirit, then truly we will have certain people who become victim to the flesh's lusts of desires, and sure enough, we have cases of rape. We can see though that countries that are poor that rape skyrockets there. I think for the most part, we can see the mind becomes shaped or molded to some degree by one's environment, atmospheres, experiences ect....plus their own levels of pride, greed and downright selfishness.

It seems to actually be like a law of matter....there will always be a chaos. But that doesnt mean order cant be found.

Just some thoughts
LV

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
First, regarding this question, I would like to quote something from the link given in the original post.

This search of the Word is important, not because it affects salvation, but because it answers the questions posed on whether Jesus kept His Word, and whether the Bible is true in this matter.

So, contrary to what some may strive to believe, no one here seems to be claiming that thinking Christ died on a Friday will cost you your salvation.

However, as the OP said:

So many TV moneygrabers who call themselves ministers seem to contort themselves into half days, etc, etc in counting from good friday to sunday morning........its laughable....

In an effort to not contort myself too miserably, the "half days" as you put it does work, and I'll explain how.

First, as of now it is about 1 in the afternoon here. Were someone to ask me what I had for dinner today, I would look at then a little strange, look to a clock, and then continue to stare at them until they explained themselves. In the west, we start our days when we rise. Therefore, even if it was a mere 8 hours ago, I still had dinner yesterday, not today.

If you were to ask me what I had for dinner three days ago, I would think back to Saturday to recall what I had eaten. Were we focused on a day being a 24-hour period, I would relate what I had for dinner on Friday. After all, 72 hours ago, it was 1 PM on Saturday. Therefore, by a 24-hour understanding, my dinner that took place 3 days ago would have to be on Friday night, as, exactly 3 days ago, I had not yet had dinner on Saturday.

Ok, a little contorting because, without a diagram, it is difficult for me to describe.

The Jews, unlike us, consider a day to begin at sunset. The first paragraph of the original links explains that in saying the passover lamb was prepared between 3 and 6 PM because a Sabbath began that night. So, in some sense, just as we refer to yesterday as being everything that took place before we went to bed, so the Israelites could refer to yesterday as being that which took place before the last sunset.

It sounds strange to us because it uses the current tense. Come with me, then, to a Far Side that depicts Jesus brewing a cup of coffee and thinking to Himself, "I feel like I've been dead for 3 days." If you were to ask that Jesus, "Hey, when did you get nailed to the cross?" He would most probably say, "Two days ago." (Actually, He would most probably talk about something completely different, but let's run with this for now...). One wouldn't say, "oh, about 39 hours 13 minutes and 54.332 seconds ago."

So, in closing, the next post will have a fun exchange of dialog to try to clear it up a little more easily

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And now for the exchange!

The scene involves the above mentioned Far Side, Jesus, just having woken from the dead, is brewing a cup of coffee as I talk with him inside of the cave.

Me: So, when were You crucified?

He: Two days ago

Me: So you were crucified two days ago. How long were you dead?

He: Well, considering I just woke up, three days.

Me: But you were crucified on Friday.

He: Yes...

Me: And it's Sunday

He: And...

Me: Well, so, technically, you were only dead for close to 43 hours, which is less than two days.

He: How many times has the sun gone down since I was crucified?

Me: Twice.

He: And will it do so today?

Me: I certainly hope so, though with this rock blocking our view, I can't be entirely sure!

He: So then you would concede that today is, in fact, a day.

Me: Yep

He: And, seeing that I woke today, would not this be the third day I was dead?

Me: Well, I suppose it would! Now I understand... Say, how did You plan on getting out of here?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shenanigans!
The Apostles Creed

was crucified, dead, and buried; He descended into hell. [See Calvin] The third day He arose again from the dead;

We are told Christ had to be out of the way before passover.
So Friday at 3:00 PM must have been cutting it slim.

So 3 24 hour days put the reappearance past Sunday but at
that time there was no Sunday so perhaps Monday was good enough.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

The Jews, unlike us, consider a day to begin at sunset. The first paragraph of the original links explains that in saying the passover lamb was prepared between 3 and 6 PM because a Sabbath began that night. So, in some sense, just as we refer to yesterday as being everything that took place before we went to bed, so the Israelites could refer to yesterday as being that which took place before the last sunset.

The sabbath being prepared after passover was the yearly "High Day" sabbath which was the first day of unleavened bread. 2 days later was the weekly sabbath. Do the real math. Sunday was simply the day He was found missing from the tomb. He said "three days and three nights" not parts of 3 days of the week.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

The Apostle's creed you mentioned is Catholic and was not originated by Peter, Paul, John, James, Matthew, Andrew, etc. It was originated by some priests and cardinals under the pope. There's even a different version of this creed that was used before 600 c.e. that does not read as corrupt as the catholic version. Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus decended to hell. If by hell, you mean the grave, then yes He spent 3 days and 3 nights in hell but He never decended to hell or pit of fire.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join