It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday Myth how satan twists the truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Jewish day begins at sundown. Christ crucified early Friday (first day), 3rd hour (9am). 6th hour to 9th hour (noon to 3pm) darkness covers earth. Christ commends His Spirit to the Father. Jewish leaders don't want His body left on cross. Joseph of Arimethea takes Him down before sundown (beginning of Sabbath; second day) and places Him in tomb. Early on the first day of the week (Sunday; third day) the women arrive to anoint His body and find stone rolled away and tomb empty. Three days. Not 72 hours.

Christ could not have been crucified on Wednesday because there were two high holy days on the Jewish calender that week: Passover on Thursday, and the Sabbath. Just like this week, as a matter of fact. It is recorded that Christ had the Passover meal with His disciples.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
Jewish day begins at sundown. Christ crucified early Friday (first day), 3rd hour (9am). 6th hour to 9th hour (noon to 3pm) darkness covers earth. Christ commends His Spirit to the Father. Jewish leaders don't want His body left on cross. Joseph of Arimethea takes Him down before sundown (beginning of Sabbath; second day) and places Him in tomb. Early on the first day of the week (Sunday; third day) the women arrive to anoint His body and find stone rolled away and tomb empty. Three days. Not 72 hours.

Christ could not have been crucified on Wednesday because there were two high holy days on the Jewish calender that week: Passover on Thursday, and the Sabbath. Just like this week, as a matter of fact. It is recorded that Christ had the Passover meal with His disciples.

Listen to the twisting you must do in your own words above......

Now listen to Gods words

Gen 1:5

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

God set up a "day" as evening and morning. Not a "Jewish" day.

Therefore 3 days would be 3 evening and mornings...........

In his own words....

“There shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: for as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth” (Matthew 12:39-40).

It can not be more clear the timeline you provide is FALSE.....

[edit on 11-4-2009 by heliosprime]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Suit yourself. How do you explain Christ having the Passover meal, the Last Supper, with His disciples on Thursday night?

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
ATTENTION

Can be get back on topic please. And if there's any confusion it's "Good Friday Myth how satan twists the truth" and not Avatars or spelling.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I always taught that Easter was a Celtic Pagan Holiday (which actually means Holy Day) that was a day celebrating fertility. The Easter bunny and the Egg is suppose to represent fertility in coherence with the Spring Solstice (Birth, reborn). And when the assimilation of Christianity took place through out Europe and England. In 601 A.D. Pope Gregory I wrote a letter to Augustine of Canterbury with instructions on how to convert the English People and assimilate them into Christianity in a peaceful way.

He did this by telling Augustine to win the favor of the pagan English by accommodating the requirements of Christian beliefs to the existing non-Christian cultural practices. So He did not destroy any pagan temples or buildings (but destroyed the idols) and sprinkle the temples with holy water. Also to set-up altars in the temples and put relics up as well. He wanted the view that if the people see that they don't destroy the temples that they worshiped at, that they might abandon idolatry and adore the Christian God.

Also instead of sacrificing animals and what not, to substitute those sacrifices for dedication or festivals of holy martyrs (Saint's Days). Also to assimilate their pagan culture they turned their fertility festival into Easter and kept the symbols of the Bunny and Egg to show the symbolism of fertility. So what we have on the day of Easter is a mixed holiday of both pagan and christian festivals all due to the assimilation of the English and Celtic tribes of England during the early 7th century.

Btw i think that the English and Celtic tribes got it way more easier than the Saxons did who had to deal with Charlemagne who forced Christianity upon them with force and war.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Suit yourself. How do you explain Christ having the Passover meal, the Last Supper, with His disciples on Thursday night?

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Icarus Rising]

Perhaps you should actually read the entire article in the OP....

here is a snipet...

Now on the next day, which is the one after the preparation, the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered together with Pilate, and said, "Sir, we remember that when he was still alive that deceiver said, 'After three days I am to rise again.' Therefore, give orders for the grave to be made secure until the third day, lest the disciples come and steal Him away and say to the people, 'He has risen from the dead,' and the last deception be worse than the first." Pilate said to them, "You have a guard; go, make it secure as you know how." And they went and made the grave secure, and along with the guard they set a seal on the stone. Matthew 27:62-66

The above verses show that Jesus had openly taught that the major sign that He was the Messiah was that He would die and three days later rise again. Even more clearly, He said that He would be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth. This promise meant that 72 hours would pass from His death to His resurrection and that this would be the sign for the Jews that He was who He said He was (the Messiah). The Friday crucifixion with a resurrection before sunrise on Sunday morning totals approximately 36 hours. If we understood Jesus to mean that within three days and three nights He would rise again, then any period short of that would suffice. But He taught that after three days and three nights in the heart of the earth, then He would rise again. This logically would necessitate the crucifixion on a Wednesday, then the daylight and nighttime periods of Thursday, Friday, and Saturday would be three days and three nights. We count from either His actual death shortly after 3 PM or from the time His body was laid in the tomb, shortly before the annual Sabbath began, although I believe we should count the 72 hours from the time the body was laid in the tomb.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I was thinking about this some more this afternoon, and now realize Friday would begin at sundown Thursday for the Jews. I'm wondering if that would also mean Passover would begin at sundown on Wednesday? Would they have their passover dinner that night? If so, the timeline makes perfect sense, with Christ being in the tomb from the beginning of Friday through Sunday morning. It is the Western tradition of beginning the day at midnight and recognizing morning as the first part of the day that is causing the confusion.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

[I'm wondering if that would also mean Passover would begin at sundown on Wednesday? Would they have their passover dinner that night? .

for the record... this year, in 2009... Passover begins on a Wednesday and will last 8 days until 16 April.

...since the Passover is a moveable date, because of the Lunar calendar,
then we should be able to figure out the year when the self proclaimed Rabbi Jesus, got himself crucified/died/placed-in-a-tomb/and (allegedly)resurrected...[if a 'Sunday' resurrection is factual]

...somewhere near 2008-2012 years ago from today.

i think the goddess Estar had her fingers in it.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Edit: erm,nevermind.

2nd

[edit on 4/11/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

One thing you need to understand is the fact that Jews slaughtered the passover lambs around 3pm on the 14th day of the first month. Jesus ate a passover meal before His death when 14 nisan began at sunset. 14 nisan carried on that night as He was betrayed, arrested, and at daybreak accused of blasphemy and charged with death by crucifixion. From the 6th to the 9th hours, (12 noon to 3pm) Jesus was suffering on the cross. He was later taken down and just before sunset was laid in the tomb before the "High Day" sabbath. There is scripture pointing to the fact that the "Marys" were to prepare spices and oil for anointing the body of Christ. The account in Mark shows the women waiting for the sabbath to end before buying spices and oil for preparation while the account in Luke records the women already prepping the spices before the sabbath and then resting on the sabbath before anointing the body of Christ on the first day.

Now, do the math. There is a high day sabbath for the first day of Unleavened bread on the 15th day of nisan after passover. There is a day between the high day sabbath and the weekly sabbath. Get it through your head and realize that the only conclusion is that Jesus died on Wednesday afternoon and was buried before sunset and rose 72 hours later at the end of the weekly sabbath. You can't count parts of days and get 3 days and 3 nights from friday afternoon to sunday morning. This would contradict the "sign of Jonah" that Jesus Himself made clear of.

What you are doing right now is holding on to a tradition of men instead of studying the scriptural account of what actually happened and was suppose to happen to fulfill prophecy. The wednesday crucifixion fits with a death of Christ being on Passover 31 AD/CE. Most "good friday" christians believe in 33 AD/CE since Passover was friday that year.

[edit on 4/13/2009 by Locoman8]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

I am open to new information presented in an orderly, considerate fashion. I am still working out my salvation, and will trust in the truth of the Holy Spirit as it is revealed to me.

My Pastor this past week opined that Palm Sunday was really Palm Monday. He believes Christ entered Jerusalem on Monday based on the account of His stopover in Bethany the previous week to visit Lazarus.

These issues are really just details, though not minor details. I trust that all truth will be revealed and distinguished from the traditions of men going forward.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I am open to new information presented in an orderly, considerate fashion. I am still working out my salvation, and will trust in the truth of the Holy Spirit as it is revealed to me.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Icarus Rising]

I strongly suggest you do your own research, the data is out there, lok into the orignal transcripts for word translations/mistranslations into english. Pary, and ask, he will listen and unlock the mysteries.....

God Bless.......

Here is a lnk to a good translation source

www.blueletterbible.org...

and a good bible source

www.biblegateway.com...:22-29&version=9;

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I am happy that you are wanting to do the research for truth but just as helo said, do your own research. Don't take the word of a pastor or priest because they are only doing what they were taught and not digging into the bible. I find this website helpful in distinguishing christian heresey with biblical truth. You need to go to the "booklets" spot under "literature" and pick your subject to study. Reference these booklets with scripture and many things will be revealed to you. God bless you.

www.gnmagazine.org/booklets

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime

Anything satan can do to twist the path of christians he does.....The myth of good friday seems to always become an issue with borderline believers with counting 3 days.......

So many TV moneygrabers who call themselves ministers seem to contort themselves into half days, etc, etc in counting from good friday to sunday morning........its laughable....

Yes, all the bickering over the number of days and hours and was it this day or that.

Anything to avoid discussing Jesus and his experiences in hell.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

His experiences in hell? I hope you're not going to tell me that He was in a pit of fire. Hell in the bible simply means Grave or Death. In some rare cases it means gehenna or Vallely of Hinnom. His experiences in hell were His 3 days and 3 nights in the grave. He had no conciousness or state of awareness during this 3 day period in the grave. If He did, please show the the scripture that proves it. If you don't believe me, I can share my scriptural proof. The dates are important due to the fact that man's traditions have pulled a blanket over the gullible and the commandments of God have taken a back seat. Part of the central teachings of Jesus were to follow the will of God and keep the commandments. One of God's commandments were to flee from Idolatry and put no other god before Him. Good friday to easter sunday simply contradict what Jesus actually said about His messiahship in saying that just as Jonah was 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of the fish, so shall the Son of Man be 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth. Factor in that easter was a pagan holiday before becoming christianized. Easter was named after the pagan goddess of fertility, Ishtar. This is where easter eggs and rabbits come in as symbols of fertility. Read Deuteronomy 12:29-32 which explains God's dislike for mixing paganism/idolatry with God's doctrine.

Does the correct day and time matter for the message of Jesus? Yes because inaccurate timing and dates cause confusion and contradiction between what we're taught and what the scriptures really say. One compramise leads to another and another and before you know it, we are believing in a heavenly or firey afterlife immediately after death, that God was 3 people made into one, that the Holy Days were strictly Jewish and that Jesus was born in the dead of winter the same date of the pagan winter solstice festivals, and that sunday is the sabbath. It's very important. God bless you.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Hell is separation from God.

Jesus did away with the law. He said "Love God" and "Love your neighbour". Jesus practiced what he preached. My relationship with God is such that I am not interested in which of the OT commandments these correlate with.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join