It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Friday Myth how satan twists the truth

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I was quite blown away recently to hear Hal Lindsey state on his national radio program that he has come to believe that the scriptures show a Wednesday crucifixion. Perhaps you ought to examine the evidence and decide for yourself; be like the Bereans who were complimented in scriptures for examining the teaching of Paul in light of the scriptures to see if it was so. There is clear, concrete evidence in the scriptures for a Wednesday crucifixion; you be the judge.

ad2004.com...

Anything satan can do to twist the path of christians he does.....The myth of good friday seems to always become an issue with borderline believers with counting 3 days.......

So many TV moneygrabers who call themselves ministers seem to contort themselves into half days, etc, etc in counting from good friday to sunday morning........its laughable....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Yes, I learned about this a very long time ago. If you believe that the Bible is accurate and that it is literal then it is utterly impossible for the crucifixion to have happened on Friday. It amazes me that 'established' churches are able to spin their way around this. It is probably one of the easiest mysteries in the Bible to solve.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I believe Easter has very little to do with the resurection and more to do with the worship of Ishtar. As a means of pacifying the pagans, early Christians conformed the religious holiday of Passover to fit with Easter and Good Friday.

Early on there was a disagreement, among Christians, on the day that Easter should be celebrated. If I remember correctly one group thought it should be on the first day of the week and the other believed it should be on the fourteenth day of the first sacred month. I think this was one of the things finally decided at Nicaea.

It's still early and I honestly can't remember what made early Christians attribute the crucifixion commemoration to the Friday preceding, but I don't believe it had anything to do with the words of the Bible.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Do you really think that Satan would waste time making people think Jesus was crucified on a day other than Wednesday?

And why do you think God would care if he did? Surely the day of the week your god died for you has little bearing on the message you take from him, right?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
God cannot make a mistake therefore the calendar is in perfect timing.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by lastxdance
God cannot make a mistake therefore the calendar is in perfect timing.

That is very true he cannot make a mistake, but we sure can. What is our calendar made from? God did not make it but rather humans did so it is flawed.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It was made Friday because of the three day weekend.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Well, thats the whole thing that fundamentalists have going on, its their "thing" .... that they get all caught up in page numbers and letters and words written down, so much so that they cant see the spirit of the word. Kinda like cant see the forest for all the trees. They'll get so caught up in one sentence of the bible prescribing stoning for whores, that they'll completely forget the messages of forgiveness and love for all, and to reserve judgement and vengeance for god's own. Just depends on what they need the bible to say at any specific time.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Hi helio, well are you surprised that on Good Friday you would receive such a tongue lashing from atheists?!? I'm not.

Hey personally I've never been one to examine the small stuff, I'm just not smart enough to figure it all out and I gave into that years ago. I don't know for sure which day of the week God and sinners were reconciled by what Christ did for us on Calvary, I'm just proud and happy that He saw fit to do it at all.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

Hi helio, well are you surprised that on Good Friday you would receive such a tongue lashing from atheists?!? I'm not.

No it does not suprise me the godless get so upset. But the point here is satan setting the seeds of doubt. Anything to bring doubt into the minds of the uninformed and weak minded. The small detail are very important. God is all about details. He is the "order" found in chaos theory. He is the "order" found in science.

Another problem with good friday is it draws uninformed to a false religion called "roman catholic". Who for centuries have set up specific fake details that draw people away from the true God. The same fo islam.

That is why this part of Matt is so profound....

21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Details such as correct sabbth day, holydays, commandments.........

"the small stuff" does matter greatly.....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
So if you dont celebrate on the right days you will be sent to hell? What a disgusting religion! It suprises me everytime how ignorant and delusional religious fools can be.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Jesus didn't sweat the days of the week, he healed the sick and the blind on the Sabbath, he challenged the Priests on this even. But listen I don't doubt one bit though that what you say is correct, as I know elements of the Bible have been abused and misused by people. And as far as the Catholic church and all their rituals etc. well I never felt drawn to any of that. It is all about a personal relationship with Christ, imo. A person can attend the "right" church 7 days a week just to make sure he hits the right day, and that doesn't give him the relationship he needs. Well you know what I'm getting at I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Interesting that the "free thinkers" would call those bound by dogma "weak minded" and the religious would call the "free thinkers" weak minded. Apparently the strong minded in their view are those that allow religious leaders to do their thinking for them. Black is white, and up is down....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
always so quick are the dogmatics to label everyone who disagrees with them as "atheists"...when in fact most people outside of religion are agnostics. They dont profess "no god" rather they profess the idea that is the first step on the path to true wisdom...that of "i dont know", the first truism a person must accept before they are able to begin the path to learning and growing. Certainty is an end to expansion and learning...it is only through accepting our ignorance that we are able to change that state of being.
Rote memorization of "scriptures" and texts is not knowledge, and holding tight to ideas that someone else has given you is not knowing. Truth cannot be gleaned from a book, nor can it be passed from person to person through oral word. It is a journey one must experience both within and without, and like all things in life and in this universe, truth is a growing and evolving thing.
Dogmatism and indoctrination is the antithesis of growth, and an end to learning. Let yourself not be bound by the limits of your ancestors and predecessors, for each generation is there to add to the knowledge and wisdom of past ages....not to strive for an understanding long gone.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join