It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: U.S. Under Martial Law By June 2004?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:29 AM
link   
*Whistles* *Hums* Sings 'Can I get a JT?' *Hums* *Whistles*

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Is this really serious? It seems like too much of a joke to me, but maybe its not, I mean it was in the news.

About the "most citizens will just sit around" deal, what are most citizens supposed to do? Those of us without guns, and who have large families and cant go off and join some militia, what is there really for us to do in a state of martial law? It's not like writing our congressmen will do any good, lol.

I really hope this isnt true.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I find it amazing that everyone seems to look at the Military (more specifically the individuals in it) like a big machine. They are people just like us. They are Americans, most with families.

I'm not sure why people just assume that every soldier is some robot-like zombie that is just going to mow down their fellow citizens when ordered. Sure, some are like that I expect, but I also think there is a limit to how far most military personel would be willing to blindly follow orders that are obviously contrary to what our country is supposed to stand for.

Any ex-military want to comment on this?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I really believe that Clarke is just out to sell books and that his real problem is that he feels jilted by the Bush administration. It's preposterous to think that the admin is going to trigger a cataclysmic event on its own people.

What would the admin have to gain by declaring ML? All they would do is bring greater wrath upon themselves from the people and would also become fully responsible for all aspects of the economy and infrastructure since the market systemwouldn't be left to function on its own.

I don't think even the most power hungry wants to put themsleves in the position.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
the will to win is more important than the skill to win

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Thats all true but Britian didn't have spy drones, phone taps, spy satellites, smartbombs.......

Another advantage the "govt" would have over us would be the label of "terrorist". Rewards would be paid for your capture or kill and you would not know who to trust. Anyone resisting martial law would be labled a terrorist and would probably be killed no questions asked. After all it is martial law. The colonials were alot tougher than people here today. Hell, one day without airconditioning and people here are crying. This country has been sissyified (I know it's not even a word).

that's basically exactly what i was trying to say... i just left it as equipped, trained, and organized though.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Mr crowne can you come up with some hard core proof to show the patriot act was the brain child of Bill clinton????

This scenario has been playing over and over in my head and i think this is a very plausible scenario ....the way the patriot act is written is to quash any type of popular protest be it peaceful or other wise ...
This gos right along with my hypothetical posting "How the war on terror could be used to make you take the chip"
i think ill run it to the top for those of you who havent had a peak at it yet

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You kids better hope that if martial law is implemented we have the ability to fight back. ::raises fist::

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
It's preposterous to think that the admin is going to trigger a cataclysmic event on its own people.

have you really accepted 911 as a terrorist attack common. i mean it was an act to produce terror, but their is no proof that it was not a domestic intel operation. in fact quite the opposite. and look at what has come since 911. the pat-RIOT act, the lies upon lies about iraq, the threats to other countries(iran, korea), and a furtherance of the unification of the world state. these all work towards a very specific goal and the current admin. seems very happy to ride this wave of filth. there are already armed military personel here in nyc, in the subway and train stations. have you gotten used to it yet? neither have i, but many more have.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Martial Law declared in Florida Sept 7th 2001.

EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER
01-261
WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard has the statutory responsibility to
provide support to law-enforcement personnel and emergency-management
personnel in the event of civil disturbances or natural disasters; and

WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard has the responsibility to provide
training support to law-enforcement personnel and community-based
organizations relating to counter drug operations; and

WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard must train to meet such
responsibilities; and

WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard is funded for any such training by
budgetary appropriation or grants before any such training; and

WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard must conduct such training in active
service of the state, as defined by Section 250.27, Florida Statutes (also
known as active military service and state active duty) for members of the
Florida National Guard to be covered by Section 250.34, Florida Statutes;
and

WHEREAS, as Governor, I may delegate the authority contained in Section
250.06(4), Florida Statutes, to order training to help respond to civil
disturbances, natural disasters, and counter drug operations to The Adjutant
General of the State of Florida; and

WHEREAS, it is in the best interest of the State of Florida that I delegate
such authority, so that the Florida National Guard is adequately trained to
meet its obligation to help respond to civil disturbances, natural
disasters, and counter drug operations and so that members of the Florida
National Guard performing such training are covered by Section 250.34,
Florida Statutes; and

WHEREAS, the Governor may order the Florida National Guard to provide
extraordinary support to law enforcement upon request and such a request has
been received from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) to
assist FDLE in performing port security training and inspections.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JEB BUSH, as Governor of Florida, by virtue of the
authority vested in me by Article IV, Section 1(a) of the Florida
Constitution, and by Section 250.06(4), Florida Statutes, and all other
applicable laws, do hereby promulgate the following Executive Order, to take
immediate effect:

Section 1.

Based upon the foregoing, I hereby find that the public welfare requires
that the Florida National Guard train to support law-enforcement personnel
and emergency-management personnel in the event of civil disturbances or
natural disasters and to provide training support to law-enforcement
personnel and community-based organizations relating to counter drug
operations.

Section 2.

I hereby delegate to The Adjutant General of the State of Florida all
necessary authority, within approved budgetary appropriations or grants, to
order members of the Florida National Guard into active service, as defined
by Section 250.27, Florida Statutes, for the purpose of training to support
law-enforcement personnel and emergency-management personnel in the event of
civil disturbances or natural disasters and to provide training support to
law-enforcement personnel and community-based organizations relating to
counter drug operations.

Section 3.

The Florida National Guard may order selected members on to state active
duty for service to the State of Florida pursuant to Section 250.06(4),
Florida Statutes, to assist FDLE in performing port security training and
inspections. Based on the potential massive damage to life and property that
may result from an act of terrorism at a Florida port, the necessity to
protect life and property from such acts of terrorism, and inhibiting the
smuggling of illegal drugs into the State of Florida, the use of the Florida
National Guard to support FDLE in accomplishing port security training and
inspections is "extraordinary support to law enforcement" as used in Section
250.06(4), Florida Statutes.

Section 4.

The Adjutant General shall not place members of the Florida National Guard
into active service for longer than necessary to accomplish the purposes
declared herein.

Section 5.

This Executive Order supersedes Executive Order Number 01-17. Executive
Order Number 01-17 is hereby revoked.

Section 6.

This Executive Order shall remain in full force and effect until the earlier
of its revocation or June 30, 2003.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and have caused the Great
Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed at Tallahassee, the Capitol, this
7th day of September 2001.
www.freedomcommittee.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
If this happens, I see civil war. I just dont see Americans standiing for it. I could be way off. June seems to soon, there are to many guns on the streets.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
180 million pissed off rednecks with guns working in an organized fashion will pretty much change their mind. What the government needs to remember is that just because they are too stupid to organize themselves doesn't mean 300 million pissed off citizens can't.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Indymedia?

I'm not going to comment on the issue at hand, but I will comment on the source.

When the Iraq War started, the indymedia released a story about how tank rounds fired down a street created a vacuum that sucked old women and children into the streets at high speed.

Not only is this a factual lie, it breaks the laws of physics. Since that incident, I find the Indymedia networks as a great source of finding out what is not true.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateheaven
I would dare say a large portion of the public wouldnt do anything in the event of such actions by the current administration. Most people just want their cable tv, SUV, and internet connection, and dont care if it came at the price of some liberties and 10,000 vaporized citizens, especially if a terrorist spin was put on the whole mess.

I wish I didn't have to believe this about the general public but I tend to agree, sadly.

I mean, if you can't expect people to fight for the simple things like living wages and affordable housing how could you reasonably expect them to fight for something as big as this ?

Originally posted by Sapphire
I dont know about America but in Canada i've heard that once you apply for your SIN card the gov't owns you. Apparently when you sign your actually signing all of your rights away.

The way I've heard it is once you apply for a SS card you become a lifetime employee of the corporate state (not to be confused with the police state, of course, but then, what's the difference ?)

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by KayEm]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The reality here seems less sensational than the first post of this story: 'Armageddon' Plan Was Put Into Action on 9/11, Clarke Says By Howard Kurtz Washington Post Staff Writer Wednesday, April 7, 2004; Page A29 Clarke told the program: "Every federal agency was ordered, on the morning of 9/11, to activate an alternative command post, an alternative headquarters outside of Washington, D.C., and to staff it as soon as possible." The former administration official also said he has participated in regular exercises over the past 20 years in which he has "gone off into caves in mountains in remote locations and spent days on end in miserable conditions, pretending that the rest of the world had blown up, and going through the questions, going through the drill. . . . Everyone there play acts that it's really happened. You can't go outside because of the radioactivity. You can't use the phones because they're not connected to anything." Also, this might help: Google Search The "conspiracy" sources seem to have twisted the actual event. Are we twisting too? Or, try this: Nightline Story [Edited on 23-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
180 million pissed off rednecks with guns working in an organized fashion will pretty much change their mind. What the government needs to remember is that just because they are too stupid to organize themselves doesn't mean 300 million pissed off citizens can't.

Here is that sinerio played out in the book
Turner Diaries

Here is the intro:

What will you do when they take away your rights?

Earl Turner and his fellow patriots face this question and are forced underground when the U.S. government bans the private possession of firearms and stages mass Gun Raids to round up suspected gun owners.

The hated Equality Police begin hunting them down, but the patriots fight back with a campaign of sabotage and assassination. An all-out race war occurs as the struggle escalates. Turner and his comrades suffer terribly, but their ingenuity and boldness in devising and executing new methods of guerrilla warfare lead to a victory of cataclysmic intensity and worldwide scope.

The book is way rightwing, but if you like reading about things like martial law, civil wars, govt. tyranny (sp?) ect.... you should read it.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica
Indymedia? I'm not going to comment on the issue at hand, but I will comment on the source.

I have to agree with Esoterica on this one. Indymedia is biased to begin with considering that George Soros is the major backer.

While I don't have much trust in the government, I can't say I have any for Indymedia or Soros.

It's also odd that some "conspiracy" websites seem to be affiliating themselves in a quiet way with Soros as well. I noticed that about the same time that Alex Jones' website (Inforwars.com/PrisonPlanet.com/etc..) obtained a more polished appearance, some of their video clips were being served from various IndyMedia domains. At least one of those sites posts a prominent link to InfoWars.com as well.

Hmm...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces
Martial Law declared in Florida Sept 7th 2001.

EXECUTIVE ORDER NUMBER
01-261
WHEREAS, the Florida National Guard has the statutory responsibility to
provide support to law-enforcement personnel and emergency-management
personnel in the event of civil disturbances or natural disasters; and

This Executive Order shall remain in full force and effect until the earlier
of its revocation or June 30, 2003.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand and have caused the Great
Seal of the State of Florida to be affixed at Tallahassee, the Capitol, this
7th day of September 2001.
www.freedomcommittee.com...

I do not much believe in coincedence. But here is a good one. Sept. 7 martial law declared in Florida
Sept 11 GWB reading books to children in Florida and continues to do so after being informed of WTC incident. Give me a break

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
If you believe what John Titor said then it is a real possibility. Only time will tell. If you look at what's happening now with the crackdown on media by the Admin all the other crap that's going on where peoples liberties are being revoked as we speak, then it's an inevitability.

May god have mercy on our souls.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
you know martial law has come into play before during vietnam when those protests at colleges were happenin and the military killed a few at iowa state u they went under martial law for a while thats wat it says in my social studies book. but never the whole country under military control

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join