It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO close to Victoria, British Columbia, Canada tonight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
First time poster here, long time believer (I have NEVER seen a UFO before tonight)

My brother his wife and I were outside smokeing, when he looked across the street and noticed a blinking light up in the sky! so he knows I'm really into UFO's and tells me to look over, at first the response honestly was yeh its a plane or something normal since 45 years old I have never seen one why now? so after the 3 of us are staring at it and its not moving and really doesn't look like anything either of us have seen before.

I grabbed my binoculars to get a better look, its 9:30PM or somewhere close to that, pretty dark on the island here somewhat clear sky some cloud cover but I think it was fairly high up.

SW - were looking in the direction between Luxton & Braemar Heights (South west) of Metchosin BC kinda South of Glen Lake.

After reviewing our video I see now how the worst person to do the video is usually the one with the camera. Hopefully someone can make something of it, we watched this thing blinking for over 30 minutes, with 15 minutes of video, the video and what I could make out in the binoculars looked really different. to me it looked round and flat in shape, with blinking lights all around the middle, our neighbor came over and he looked and said he thought it was more triangular and with his better eyes I would believe him more than me , since I have to take my glasses off to use the binoculars.

I have the larger files incase someone can make them better than what I uploaded to youtube the pt1 is 90MB and the other is close to 230MB

Pt1 -

Pt2 -

[edit on 10-4-2009 by svpwizard]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Your link is broken. If using the youtube link button, only post the last part of the link such as -> watch?v=F5KhDbtImTA.

From the video I couldn't tell what it was, as it pretty out of focus. I'm sure you caught a better view with the binoculars. You might want to download something like divx which can reduce the file size dramatically, and it will only take moments to upload.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
i live close to victoria cant wait to see the fixed video

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by donttaserme

all fixed now, waiting on the second video to upload, I think its a better view but still really shaky. I now think from doing it and trying to catch such things on video, the problem is the distance and the slightest move, even just breathing makes the object bounce around in the video.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You don't even give us a reference at all. You should of showed us the house or the road or a street lamp. This looks like a cheap hoax i hope part 2 isn't more of the same. There is no sound and at one stage it looks like you were swinging the camera around.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nasacarl

Reference being ? like in respect to houses or trees I suppose, I agree with a better camera and a clearer picture would have been better. I was hoping other in the area either had seen it or also had some experience for this occurrence.

As I said I see now why these type of videos are so jacked up, its really hard to get a good shot of something at night and at these distances. suffice to say that the people telling you all the obvious flaws in the video / location makes me wonder why people are hesitant to put there videos up for review.

I tried to give the best coordinates, direction and location as I could.

NOT everyone is trying to get rich and famous of blinking lights, it was very strange and I was excited to have seen what others have said they saw ....... sure does feel good to know I have finally seen A UFO.

Give it the weight you want to, I completely agree a crappy attempt at trying to capture these weird lights .... I now know how witnesses feel.... lets talk when you try to capture your video experience!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
At 9:30 Sirius would have been visible low in the southwestern sky. Sirius is the brightest star in the sky and when close to the horizon displays a great deal of scintillation (twinkling). Scintillation results in apparent changes in brightness and color. I have a hunch you might see the object again tonight.

Using auto-focus and digital zoom when trying to film a point source of light can produce some very strange effects (depending on the brand of camera). This is what it does to Venus.

(click to open player in new window)

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I was hopeing you would pop in here to comment on my vid, I agree the zoomed in version is like that example, the part that really convinced me is looking through the binoculars the lights and shape were very DISTINCT, though far away, I could easily determine there were flashing lights of assorted colors, not all over it but rather along a straight line.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
From what I have seen, it looks like a bright star, and if that is the case, it will be there today.

If you want to share the original videos you can register (for free) at ADrive, to where you can upload all you want with a maximum file size of 2GB.

The files can be shared for a 14 days period, after which the files can be shared again with a different link (to avoid too much use of a free service).

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the original format is from the camcorder in "M2TS" File I had to convert it to a MPG format since that is the only software I had, so I have it in its original digital format and also in a larger MPG format .... would either be better than the one on youtube??

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Yes, anything is better than YouTube, and for compatibility reasons, the MPG version is the best.

But if you are going to use ADrive you can upload up to 50GB, so I guess you can upload both versions, if you have the time (uploads are slower than downloads).

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Uploading them as I type this, I loaded the "soundless" versions on youtube but am uploading the original (really large files) and also the converted MPG ones with and without the sound versions, we sound like a bunch of "hicks using a camera for the first time" (sorry for all the hicks out there this is no way directed at you .... hehe)

Here are the raw vids

PT1 Without sound - 90MB

PT1 with sound - 93 MB

PT2 WithOut sound - 280MB

PT2 With Sound - 291MB

[edit on 10-4-2009 by svpwizard]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by svpwizard

Hi ...I live in the glen lake area of vic bc and witnessed a ufo on Wednesday April 15th 09 from about 11:00 pm until 1:00 am. It moved very fast from side to side, zig zagged, disappeared and reappeared many times over a two hour period.
To tell you the truth...it freaked me out.
Keep you posted.

ht.

new topics

top topics

join