It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs and Spider webs, a connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
www.--.com...

has anyone ever noticed that spider webs might be maps of the universe? Is there more to them than we think? Your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
yeah. i don't use sat-nav anymore...
not since the web.............

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
yeah. i don't use sat-nav anymore...
not since the web.............

Classic

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
sounds similar to the spider grandmother of the Navajo.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I like spiders alot.. when i was a kid i use to capter em!! neways nuff of my childhood lol

But this comment i had to piss my self lauging i sware i fell over

‘Spiders are in fact as intelligent as humans beings if not far more so’ comments Mr Yuen Chi an avid UFO researcher from the city of Dalian in China. ‘They are in fact of extraterrestrial origin from a highly advanced civilization. They have been exiled to earth for reasons we do not know’

LOL!!!!

man what a dude obv loves spiders!!

little side note here. do you know a spiders web is stronger than any steal structure?

there was a roumer that they had crossed spider genes with a goat.. dont know what happend there but spider silk is UBER strong stuff!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Ballooning (spider)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Ballooning is a term used for the mechanical kiting[1][2][3] that many spiders, as well as certain mites and some caterpillars use to disperse through the air. Never is an actual lighter-than-air balloon formed; the silk has form enough to react with the wind to give lift and drag enough to mechanically kite the spider; researchers prominently applied the term ballooning for such dynamic kiting where the animal's body is the dragging anchor to the silken kite. Biologists also applied the term "balloon silk" to the threads that mechanically form the lifting and dragging system. Distinguish the mechanics from the biological literature term.

Many small spiders use silk threads for ballooning. They extrude several threads into the air and let themselves become carried away with winds—both updrafts and windward. Tiptoeing behavior occurs as a prelude to ballooning: The spider stands on raised legs with the abdomen pointed upwards. Although most rides will end a few meters later, it seems to be a common way for spiders to invade islands. Many sailors have reported that spiders have been caught in their ship's sails, even when far from land (Heimer 1988).

From wikipedia

It is generally thought that most spiders heavier than 1 mg are not likely to use ballooning (Suter 1999). Also, because many individuals die during ballooning, it is more unlikely that adults will do it than spiderlings. However, adult females of several social Stegodyphus species (S. dumicola and S. mimosarum), weighing more than 100 mg and with a body size of up to 14 mm, have been observed ballooning using rising thermals on hot days without wind. These spiders used tens to hundreds of silk strands, which formed a triangular sheet with a length and width of about one meter (Schneider 2001).

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stewartw2

has anyone ever noticed that spider webs might be maps of the universe? Is there more to them than we think?

As theoretical propositions go, that is one heck of a doozy. Love it.

And, as is want for the strange world of coincidence, the concept of huge, sentient, alien spiders has been tickling my creative nerves for a few days now. I can’t get the picture of someone having been abducted to a vast, cathedral-like space ship, only to find that his abductors are benevolent, advanced arachnids.

And as to the original question; who’s to say that some Terran fauna are not susceptible to outside, psychic interference? We could have been staring at clues to the peculiarity of the universe for centuries, only for its subtlety to have been wasted on our narrow-minded and inward looking attitudes.

new topics

top topics

join