It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Big Bang a brain fart?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Hey everyone, I've started this thread to bring to you what I think the Big Bang was started by; you might think this is wierd, or crazy, or whatever, but since you've already loaded this page you may as well read on.

For those unfamiliar with the term, a brain fart is when you do something retarded or have a demented lapse leaving you with an inability to think of something really obvious, like forgetting how to spell "when".

Here's a helpful wiki page : Brain Farts!

I'm wondering, could our universe have been accidentally created by some insanely intelligent or ascended being? Gods, if you wish. Now before all you devout Christians (If there are any on ATS) out there start to flame me and yell at me accusing me of being a pawn of Satan just please consider this:

A being, maybe a collective or some sentient creatures are so freaking smart that their knowledge goes beyond mortality. Maybe they can hold death away; maybe their worlds are really picturesque; maybe they are so respective of other species that they make vegans look like bloodthirsty carnivores. What im trying to say is, these guys are so perfect they make me wanna puke.

Ahem, getting back to the topic, assume that these guys can wire themselves together to make a collective and form parts of a Greater Being, A.K.A God. Through this "God" they are so dementedly powerful that they can craft worlds and build suns and form life; in other words, DAMN POWERFUL. What if they had a brain fart? Or made a paradox or something similar? I assume that the greater cosmos or whatever just eats itself in and so the Big Bang explodes somewhere, maybe in the "God's" mind and forms a universe!

Yeah I know that is so screwed up it can take it's place beside Scientology and Oprah Winfrey; but thats why I decided to share it with ATS rather than a friend first, 'cause you guys won't hunt me down and send me to an asylum, right?

Well, anyway, please respond to tell me what you think of it.

~Cheers!

EDIT: Fixed some grammar issues.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by killas900]

[edit on 10-4-2009 by killas900]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Its a good thought.

There is a infinite amount of dimensions within the one. I would guess that the oldest and the smartest are the once closest to the original dimension. The further away you get from the original the younger things become.

But since everything that exists.... exists within the original dimension they would be victims of time and changes as well. Even they would grow old and die. They would be bound by the laws of the original dimension which controls their dimension.

They would never be able to travel through time. Since they are bound by time them self. Because everything that exists within the original dimension is bound by time.

They would also have limited powers and intelligence. Their powers and intelligence would be bound by the dimension they are bound by. To be able to leave their dimension they would have to change. That means they would have to die and become something else. A new dimension.

Time is what creates a new dimension of the old by changing all the time.

I guess that our world is a result of changes from other dimensions. Like our world and dimension is creating new dimensions all the time right now.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by killas900

You do know what day it is today dont you?

Strange you would come out with a thread like this on this date?

Anyways or as you would say "Ahem"

One of the stranger things I have read on ATS. I dont think we are here for no reason, everything else has a clear purpose on the earth, we seem to be the only ones that kid ourselves and say we are lost.

Ego has a lot to do with this, it clouds logic if you get me.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hmmm... yeah...

Well, this stuff is really just mind boggling and we don't really want to think about it or we just hurt our brains.

Ahem, anyway, in response to spy66...

Even they would grow old and die.

Maybe thats when the Big Crunch happens?
Just wondering...

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
if it was a fart it wasn't me! xD

I guess this universe is like a attic or the garage of God, its were He puts the old and useless stuff to left alone and forgot. We are (humanity) like a broken toy.. its my opinion lol.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think the "Big Bang" is purely fantasy.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
So...

Watcher in the Shadows, care to explain why you think the big bang is purely fantasy?

I'm not trying to criticise you our whatever, but I would like an explanation, after all... this is ATS...

If people on ATS think your crazy then imagine what others might think you are?

~Cheers

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
No, asking for proof is not a bad thing. Don't be so defensive.

Because they keep patching the theory each and every time observational evidence and new findings come to light. They are keeping an hypothesis *IE the Universe even has a beginning* despite the fact that they are getting smacked over the head with proof that the event they project happened didn't.
Basically keep the unprovable start point and change the effects projected when it doesn't jive with current observation.

For example:
The "Big Bang" model calls for an uneven temperature distribution across space, this is found not to be the case. Instead of scrapping the theory they create "Inflationary Model" which is also used to attempt patch another hole called the "Flatness Problem".

Then we have that reworked AEther *something that cannot be detected yet has profound effects* known as Dark Matter and Dark Energy*ALSO something that cannot be detected yet has profound effects*.

Then there is Red Shift that ignores the fact that light does dissapate.

I have nothing to offer in the place of "Big Bang" but I know when something smells fishy. What if the universe is infinite in nature? Could we even really tell from our little smaller than a spec we live on? There are questions that the Big Bang takes as given have answers I REALLY beg to differ. Way too many massive assumptions. Does this help?

[edit on 26-4-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
"Scientists believe the world began with the "Big Bang". Chuck Norris shrugs it off as a "bad case of gas"."

Now we all know the truth..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by killas900

This will not end well.. Any mention of the word "God" is going to get someones panties in a bunch. You said the "G" word OMG!! I'm just waiting for the hard core atheist to come in here and turn this into a religious discussion (with the purpose of debunking god instead of discussing your theory).

As to this post well I could consider that. We've already notice atomic membranes that are set up like a neural network, add the fact that the universe is also set up like a neural network, add quantum entanglement and you have the makings of what could be a vast mind spanning through every atom of every part of the universe who's neurons connect and communicate instantly with each other. This could very well be a glimpse at God's brain.

Oh no I said the "G" word!!! I'm preparing to be flamed.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I agree with you Watcher. It's fantastic to see what kind of stuff they make up to make the model fit, while people who make contradictory observations (Halton Arp for example) see their telescope time taken away.

Guess thats how mind contr... eurm sorry 'peer review' works.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KrisFromGenk

Just goes to show you how "peer review" is more like "office politics", than any sort of measure of validity.
Oh noes! I impuned upon accept scientific dogma by questioning the effectiveness of peer review!!!! I must be purged like the dirty herectic I am!!!!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

top topics

join