It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

someone is looking out for Parents rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Rep. Pete Hoekstra last week introduced a bill in the House to amend the U.S. Constitution to permanently “enshrine” in American society an inviolable set of parents’ rights.

The bill, said Hoekstra, is intended to stem the “slow erosion” of parents’ rights and to circumvent the effects of a United Nations treaty he believes “clearly undermines parental rights in the United States.”

But we all know that this bill will not fly since the Democrats control the House and Senate.

Link

]Link 2

Can they change the constitution in this manor?!?. Hope so......

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If conservatives are looking for an issue to champion, then this would be the issue. The Divorce/Child custody industry needs to be stopped, and taken out of the business of breaking up families, which is exactly what they do. This iss possibly the biggest problem with our culture, the lack of respect for parental rights in choosing how to raise our children.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If i'm not mistaken, I believe the conservatives have been fighting this since the Clinton era with no resolve, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Your right about the Divorce/Child custody industry especially the child payment checks, some judges are so unreasonable even when the other spouse was to blame for the Divorce.

join