reply to post by backyard guru
1. would you pull your weapon and return fire
If the situation presented itself, my weapon would be drawn, and I would then follow the procedure outlined by FRIGHTENER, making sure the perp saw
that I had him/ her in my sights...
2. would you take the chance for others to misunderstand and say you were the first shooter?
Unless shots had been fired...I would have no idea of the perps intentions.
After all, "he" may be taking a bead on the real perp.
3. would the news bury the story or glorify you on cnn?
I have no control over how the media would handle the coverage. I will take responsibility for my actions, but would not seek the limelight.
4. how would things change if the person was someone you knew and liked?
Depends on "his" target.
5. if the perp hadn't shot anyone but was shooting the place up, would you still shoot them?
Tough call, this. Would depend on "his" reaction to my "scream". If "he" turned and I could determine that I became the target...without
6. would you try and stop them from shooting themselves so they could face trial or go away in a nuthouse?
NOPE. Conscious of the justice system...
The same course of action, regardless if I were carrying a firearm. My keys, pocket change, anything
that could be used to divert attention
from intended target(s), a split second is all that is required for another good Sam to lend a hand. That said, yes, I would chance the bullet to save
smiley couldn't be positioned after the response to #4 to express sarcasm.