It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Not Allow the Name of Jesus into Discussions of UFOs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

This soul searching aspect of even mentioning the name of Jesus has kept him out of the UFO debate for decades and thus the true meaning of UFOs has never been adequately addressed. One cannot have an understanding of the full disclosure of UFOs without mentioning the name of Jesus; He is at the center of the discussion. Why do you think that it is that many UFO abductions have been thwarted by calling out the name of Jesus Christ?

Acts 5:12 - “demons tremble at the name of Jesus”

Philippians 2:9 - “the Son of God appeared that He might destroy the works of the Devil.

It is clear there is some relation to Jesus and ufos. I kinda like this slow approach to disclosure, but I wish they would just come out with it!

Link

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You know, I watched "Knowing" last night. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I'm hoping that will shed some light on the topic. Great Movie btw!

Absolutely must watch.

I adore the idea aliens brought us here, more then I can a Giant Invisible Everything, did?
Who parted seas, and raised the dead, and so on and so on.

But recently the best he "supposedly'' can do is put a face in a Dorito Chip?

Not being Religionist (Racist Religion) I respect all ideas, just have my own.

I'll flag to see what others have to say.

All topics should be open and possibly intergrated. Without fear of being flamed.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus was an alien. That bright star on the night of his birth was the spaceship.

Also, maybe the guy you link to is right that aliens are demons.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I'm pretty convinced that there's a spiritual/biblical/creationism connection with the ufo phenomena.
I tend to relate ships with angels(lightships),bible with "manual of life",adam and eve with genetic manipulation.
It's obvious!At least for me.

Peace

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Have you noticed religous people get so edgy when you talk about ufos? What's the big deal about that anyway. They must be hiding something.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Why pick out Jesus? Why not Thor, Zeus, Gaia, Mocha , Nemed? The list is as long as there are cultures.

As for abductions being thwarted by calling out the name Jesus. Come on now, that's just bandwagon jumping. I believe that slightly less than i believe the vast majority of abductees.. That is they might be convinced it was as they saw it but the probable truth is something far more subtle...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

FWIW

I followed that down the rabbit hole for a while already...pffft!!!...

All they're doing is adding spin to the known fallen angels.

And He said when questioned of what it would be like upon His return, He said it would be as it was in the days of Noah.

Which meant giants and weirdness, most likely UFO's too. When you see all that insanity going down, then you'll know you are very very close...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy

This soul searching aspect of even mentioning the name of Jesus has kept him out of the UFO debate for decades and thus the true meaning of UFOs has never been adequately addressed. One cannot have an understanding of the full disclosure of UFOs without mentioning the name of Jesus; He is at the center of the discussion. Why do you think that it is that many UFO abductions have been thwarted by calling out the name of Jesus Christ?

Acts 5:12 - “demons tremble at the name of Jesus”

Philippians 2:9 - “the Son of God appeared that He might destroy the works of the Devil.

It is clear there is some relation to Jesus and ufos. I kinda like this slow approach to disclosure, but I wish they would just come out with it!

Link

In my opinion, to come to the conclusion that jesus is an alien (is that not funny to you guys? I can see it now, jesus sitting at the navigation hub of a high tech alien spacecraft, in his dirty white robe and leather sandals...) is rather shorthanded. It doesnt mention anywhere in the bible about extraterrestrials from other planets, and/or aliens. To come up with such an extraordinary interpretation from a story that is so vague in its description is just something that i wouldnt do...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
Have you noticed religous people get so edgy when you talk about ufos? What's the big deal about that anyway. They must be hiding something.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Chovy]

Well we can't have reality messing with ones belief or faith. The bible teaches we are the center of the universe, and that we are God Perfect beings [god help us all] and if a more advanced race came here if would rock the very foundation of almost all religions excluding Mormonism and Islam.

If you wish to label a being from another planet as a demon that's your choice, i would just call them aliens

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus was not of this Earth, maybe he was just a teacher. Maybe he was one of many teaching us to be kind, good values for communal living. Does it really matter? For obvious reason this is a topic that can never be solved, until the "end" when all is to be revealed.

Personally I don't have a problem with Jesus being "whatever" because he had good intentions and tried to tell others. The message was what he was saying, he was not important, and the big3 religions have made a mockery of their trade.

Invoking the name of Jesus during abductions saves us? Weird. never heard of that one. Maybe when we do that we are "choosing" sides or something. I will have to remember that in case a grey comes to "probe" me

There was alot of flying stuff in the bible. I dont have all the references with me right now, but people were always seeing stuff in the sky. I think that God might have had a more direct hand in the beginning of humans, but left us to our own, otherworlders came to our planet, and the stories of the bible are a mix between ETs and direct God intervention.

When I say God, i dont mean some, um, "person" sitting surrounded by naked flying children (charubs) I mean some force, energy, the thing that makes the laws of physics, the thing that makes suns out of hot gas, only to return to that state billions of years later. The thing that governs, that directs the universal ways of things. The thing that makes life grow EVERYWHERE. That is GOD. not what MAN wrote in the name of some dream. The God in the bible changes personality several times. Jesus was telling us to throw away the bible. he was there to tell us that. The powers that be got rid of him, which he knew what they would do.

But If jesus was ET, then he would be able to fake his death, beam to his ship, take a bath for a couple days, come back to tell us that see, i told you so. Then leave again, but not before making sure that people were there to witness the beaming up again. I think it says in the bible that there were witnesses when he "floated" to the skies. He was ET for sure. A good one.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Flying things, chariots of fire, angels. But no extraterrestrials. Find me one account of the bible mentioning extraterrestrials. You cant.

You know why? Because if they accounted for extraterrestrials, their god (a manipulative gesture) would be downsized. Demoted to a mere Deity. And then they would have to explain how god created the universe, and aliens. Unfortunately, they knew nothing about either. Which is why the bible is nothing more then a book of fables. A fairy tale with a moral attached to it.

p.s. Who are "they" the ones that wrote the bible, the romans.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vyrtigo

I might have wrote ETs but the fact that it was not written that EXACT word does not mean there were no visitations. And you say the bible is a book of fables. While i dont completely agree, you are kinda right. You say just a book with morals. Did you understand any of the morals? or do you just bash what you dont understand.

We will never know the true happenings in the bible bacause there is too much time has passed. Most people dont even know history from 100 years ago, so happenings thousands of years ago, are quite out of our reach.

Im not claiming anything. I am just having a discussion, so before you just wave your hand and dismiss things you dont know, try to look at it from another angle. That is all im trying to do.

By the way, the bible has been backed up by other unchristian writings of the time, so they are actual events that took place. Not all can be proven, but alot of what happened in the bible is fact.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
reply to post by Le Colonel

p.s. Who are "they" the ones that wrote the bible, the romans.

Not true. It was put together after the fall of the roman empire. And that is just the new testament. The old testament is from before the time of the romans. Nope no romans writings. They believed in tons of gods, not just one, so having romans writing the bible does not make sense.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Just wonderin' if anyone has found proof that Jesus ever lived? Or that he was the son of the Great Sky Fairy.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Just wondering where the rest of the teachings of Jesus are? If Jesus is our savior, the grand example, wouldn't there be more teachings about the way he lived? There are more books detailing the life of Moses than there are about Jesus. I believe many of the true books have been destroyed to keep us blind and confused.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
Just wondering where the rest of the teachings of Jesus are? If Jesus is our savior, the grand example, wouldn't there be more teachings about the way he lived? There are more books detailing the life of Moses than there are about Jesus. I believe many of the true books have been destroyed to keep us blind and confused.

"And I say unto you, Energy is Equal to the Mass multiplied by the Speed of Light, yea if thou Squareth that Speed."

"My brothers and sisters, the Square of the Hypotenuse is Equal, not lesser nor is it greater, than the Sum of the Other Two Sides."

"And it shall to to pass in the land of the Goth in some 1860 years or so that a man shall be born that shall cause great tribulations in the world. His name shall be 'Adolf' and he shall be of the tribe 'Schicklegruber'. And woe to the world if this little bugger gets any power at all, for he will truly be a schmuck."

Okay, THEN I would believe in Jesus.

top topics

join