It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What if the big bang was not the start of the universe, but the other side of a black hole?
What goes in must come out somewhere.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I'm not sure something that exist in the universe can actually created the the universe.
I do agree the matter must be going somewhere perhaps it is being converted into dark energy? which by the way is causing the universe to accelerate.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
shhh we are not supposed to talk about that. It is a magic hole that never lets anything out.

Of course what goes in comes back out, but probably doesnt quite work like a funnel. I dont know how it works, but ever since I heard of black holes, I found it extremely hard to believe that stuff just goes in like a vacuum to disappear forever. Just seems, um,, stupid to think that.

I have no evidence to support my claims. Just brain farting.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well, They do get bigger, so whos to say its not like a giant star growing and growing?

If true, what started the first Black hole then?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
All this mater must be going somewhere, it could be sucked into these massive empty voids in the universe.
Pure energy transparent.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thumbpick

the big bang was no the result of a black hole..

a black hole IS NOT A HOLE.. its very very big pit .. not infact a tunnle / hole

just a massiv long dent in space.. not a hole!! and it didnt make the universe..

if it did we would be inside a black hole .. logic.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

it does let stuff out.. radiation.. thats why we know they are there

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Fri Apr 10 2009 by Jbird]

Thanks jbird.

get carried away abit

[edit on 10-4-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thumbpick

Black Holes are only named that because of how they appear to us. Super hot gasses swirl around at ultra-high speeds and glow brighter as they get heated right before it succumbs to the massive gravity of the "black hole" which is, in reality, an extremely dense point of mass that retains so much gravity that it attracts everything around it.

If you weigh 100 pounds on earth, you would weight 1/6 that on the moon because the moon has less mass, if i remember correctly. Because the material in a black hole is victim to such high amounts of gravity, it is compressed beyond our comprehension and there is nothing that we know of, aside from this radiation, that is able to escape the gravity of a black hole.

The other side of a black hole is the same as any other side. It leads only to a tiny point of hugely dense mass. You would be ripped apart on a quantum level by the sheer gravity of the black hole before you ever got close enough to see anything.

I disagree that the universe was created by material that is/was coming out of the other side of a black hole, because it's not a tunnel and cannot be traveled through.

It is possible, however, that our "universe" was created by a super massive black hole that got so dense it finally snapped. We see these reactions when stars are born and also when they collapse into black holes, so there's no reason to suggest a black hole doesn't go through some type of process or transition.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
So if a black hole got so dense it snapped, and created the universe. How did such a black hole get so massive?
Are you saying all galaxy's will become black holes,merge and collapse into another universe?
Are there any experts on black holes here to enlighten us?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a black hole is not a hole at all, only in the sense of gravity is it a hole.
But there is a solid surface to a black hole.

As a black hole collects matter it is deposited on the surface, when the amount of mass becomes so great that the force of gravity overcomes the strong nuclear force the black hole will implode on itself and create a gamma ray burst.

In a non inflationary model f the universe eventually epansion will stop and gravity will draw all matter back together into a big crunch and thereby possibly creation another big bang.
But this cosmological model has fallen out of favor recently as it doesnt bear out with observational data.
The universe will keep expanding at an ever increasing rate till the expansion of space itself will overcome the strong nuclear force and space/time will rip itself apart, down to the quantum level.

The big bang was caused by two multidimensional brane worlds touching each other. Its that crazy M theory stuff.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by punkinworks09]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The opposite of the big bang theory is the always was
and always will be theory.
According to some writers the latter might the universe we are in.
The constant radiation in space is from high speed particles initiated
by billions of volts on our suns.
The earths atmosphere is like 30" of lead protection.
So there is no connection to a big initial bang.
Form Newton, one a particle is set in motion it stays in motion.
So the initial force would be all gone by now and a constant source
is more logical.
As you can tell, live in space would be deadly.
And no space ship can have walls that thick or heavy.

new topics

top topics

join