It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pirate radio... a way to convey truth to the masses.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ok so there's a new movie out called 'rock the boat' or something like that.. loosely based on radio caroline.. a pirate radio station operating from international waters in europe etc. Wow.. i've been reading up on it and its amazing.. these guys sat on a boat broadcasting songs etc. Then it dawned upon me.. wouldnt this be a great idea to reach the masses.. though i know internet radio is around but this wouldnt require a computer or anything.. just a radio to receive. Anyone know if this is possible in todays world?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
We have one in S Michigan....

Broadcasts on varying Citizen Band Radio Channels...

Survivalist stuff...gold stuff...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I know they can track you down.. But I was thinking that perhaps you could create something like bittorrent but for radio.. perhaps get wireless routers to broadcast or something. That way theres no central thing they can shutdown.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Of course it is, anything is possible these days. What "truth" do you plan to inform everyone about? I love the idea, and I also believe that huge success is possible if one percieves it as a reality. (Are you going to tell everyone that?)

Curious problem arrises, and that is: a listener base. I still struggle with "who will listen", it is one of my personal hurdles. I am saddened by the idea that people may never snap out of it, so why would they pay attention the truth you readily offer, when they already pay good bucks for the lie they like? (I am seeking renewed faith in Humanity, seriously.)

Will this broadcast be subliminal? I am facinated by sound waves and their potential powers, (and their well documented ones). I have respect for the use of sound to try to help engender a shift. Is that what you are talking about?

Maybe you should look study sound frequency for a bit...where can you broadcast it from?

Hmmm, if we could come up with some really great way of subliminally

communicating (by radio) the nature of the universe, we first have to

find: where the "others" are airing theirs from, (if what I have just

proposed is indeed possible, there are already people using it against the

masses). We'll just take it over, broadcast the truth, and be done with it.

How can it be done??? If this can be cracked, (and I believe in ALL possible realities), I'd go to the ends of the Earth to help out. Wouldn't it be great? I don't know you, but if I know the person who figures out how to tell the truth to people who are listening, I will stand behind them in their endeavor, or beside them.

Since all things are possible, and pending realities,

It is equally possible that there no way to convince people with the radio, at least, not convince them of something they don't want to believe. Facing the "truth" can be gruesome for people. I wish it on them, but only the elapse of time in space will tell. Good luck.

I love your creative thinking, and thanks for sparking mine.

Mr. Skittles, I am obsessed with your avatar.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've been wondering how can i create a pirate radio for so long,but it's a hard task

Music is culture and the best way to change global awareness but today's radio is crap!
They only serve the big money making industry.
It's NWO type doctrine applied in air waves.
If someone has knowledge about pirate radio please share.I'm looking forward to know how to do it without having the police at the door.
Peace.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well, I just read the OP for the third time, and it just appears I inferred that you were going to be telling the truth, and you didn't actually say anything about that. Will you be?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Look when i say truth I don't mean get on radio and say this is how it is.. this this this and that and this and that. I mean creating a truly neutral discussion ground for what is going on in the world. Look behind corporate news at the hard facts, encourage people to think for themselves and think critically about issues. Indoctrinating people with 'the truth' is no better than what is happening today. Afterall I don't know the absolute truth and nor do ANY of you! A subliminal uprising also crossed my mind. What better way to get masses of people storming parliament and arching up against authority? I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility either. Technology wise, as i said something needs to be developed that uses what we have to decentralise the broadcast. The government wont arrest thousands of people. The more you spread the responsibility the more powerful the entire movement becomes. As for what music would be played.. well mainstream, alternative.. anything the listener base wanted. Perhaps a voting scheme could be enacted? We need action so please keep discussing this.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Torsion girl thanks for your enthusiasm btw
Any recomendations?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrew123
Look when i say truth I don't mean get on radio and say this is how it is.. this this this and that and this and that. I mean creating a truly neutral discussion ground for what is going on in the world. Look behind corporate news at the hard facts, encourage people to think for themselves and think critically about issues.

How can a truely neutral discussion exist when everyone thinks they are on different sides?

Indoctrinating people with 'the truth' is no better than what is happening today. Afterall I don't know the absolute truth and nor do ANY of you!

What if we all know the truth, it is wheather or not we admit it? There is an inner-knowing, while not clearly defined in terms that can be easily verbalized, there is truth within everyone.

A subliminal uprising also crossed my mind. What better way to get masses of people storming parliament and arching up against authority? I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility either.

This is not the use I had imagined, getting masses of people to storm anything.

As for what music would be played.. well mainstream, alternative.. anything the listener base wanted. Perhaps a voting scheme could be enacted? We need action so please keep discussing this.

We have a radio station here that plays what the listeners want, (based on phone/internet requests dictating playlists: mainstream/alternative). In its early inception, the music was terrific, but over time, as people began to listen, they began to request, and the music went from sometimes entertaining and even innovative to absolute crap. I have herein lost all faith in you effort. (I'm only half kidding). What makes you think that it is the mainstream/alternative set that will want to hear about the inner workings of corporations and the like? They are not listening now.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

I must say, you did gain our attention, oops did i type "our" well just delete this current line.

Lets say that such a broadcast was to be created. If it was discussed to close that broadcast, with or without a license, it would only take about 3hrs to obtain such a green light.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hmmm, the only thing I did not reply to was your actual logistical concept, a spread out signal, shared responsibility. I know some audiophiles, but don't have the skills you are after here. Sorry. I like the concept, though.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andrew123

I started a thread on 3-3-09 called Will there be a Radio Free America Offshore? This idea was from Radio Free Europe used to spread the truth behind the Communist iron curtain.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yeah I guess I have jumped more to the implementation than what it could be used for. I'm sure it could do alot of good. The reason I mentioned storming parliament torsion girl is because it is known that certain frequencys evoke certain reactions in most people. I'm not saying it would be the right thing to do. It is all just a concept. Now wehther wireless internet routers etc could broadcast as a radio frequency without hardware modification is something to be found out.

top topics

join