It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Top Ten Secret Celebrity Scientologists.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
You would be suprised who's on this list.

1) Jason Lee (From My Name Is Earl)

2) Leah Remini (King of Queens)

3) Beck

4) Greta Van Susteren (CNN)

5) Danny Masterson (Hyde from That 70's Show)

6) Isaac Hayes

7) The Voice of Bart Simpson.

8) Sonny Bono

9) Jerry Seinfeld

10) Charles Manson

Hmmm....

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Not all of those are secret:

--Isaac Hayes and the South Park fiasco: One of many sources

--The voice of Bart Simpson, Nancy Cartwright, just did a "robocall" for Scientology. One of many sources

--Leah Remini has talked about her involvement with Scientology openly. One source

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Alora]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I love Leah Remini. Cant believe she's one of them.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
JASON LEE?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yeah I know. My same reaction.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Does this cult BUY celebrities?! How the hell does this happen?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well I dont know about buy. The way it works it, you have to pay for each auditing session. Which the sessions are a few thousand dollars. (You basically have to be rich to join). if you dont have money for the sessions your forced to work ridiculous amounts of hours each day at the facility in order to pay for your sessions. So the rich get treated like royalty and the poor get treated like crap.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

It just.... It just doesn't make sense that people would join willingly. Any half rational person can see Scientology for what it is. Jason Less is a half rational person. I'm missing something, obviously.

On another note: I think you should write 'Nancy Cartwright' and put the 'the voice of Bart Simpson' in brackets.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Right, as I understood it, every step "up" in the religion, or even a step forward costs money and lots of it. So how did Charles Manson get involved? Where did he get the money?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Mimi Rogers, she is the one who got Tom Cruise into Scientology.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess_Undefined
Well I dont know about buy. The way it works it, you have to pay for each auditing session. Which the sessions are a few thousand dollars. (You basically have to be rich to join). if you dont have money for the sessions your forced to work ridiculous amounts of hours each day at the facility in order to pay for your sessions. So the rich get treated like royalty and the poor get treated like crap.

I agree, I don't know if they buy them. I think, just like anyone else celebrities fall into the trap. And the thing with celebrities is that a solid majority of their friends are also celebrities, so I think it's just a ripple effect. Especially with Tom Cruise at the forefront of the Scientology propaganda machine for quite some time now. So they convince each other to join. Additionally, I am sure some celebrities exchange audits, favors or rank improvements for their public speaking in favor of Scientology, I assume this is the case for Cruise. Remember, celebrities are just humans.

Scientologists claim that anything wrong with you can be 'cured' through these audits, which as Jess mentioned are several hundreds of dollars. Its the same principle used to make MMO's popular, get people to strive for a goal through continuous work, giving them a series of accomplishments along the way and you have an addiction.

Scientology is known for practically sucking its victims dry, and once they have no more money they are practically discarded, or are forced to trade labor for audits.

What I don't understand, is how anyone with two bits for brains could not see the obvious problem with the whole thing. It's so blatant. I don't believe in any modern religion, especially those that claim you have to give money for salvation.

I watched an amazing german documentary on the religion, I believe I found it and it's linked below. Anyone who has no idea about scientology should invest the 30 minutes in the documentary, it's very eye opening.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I think celebrities join for attention. They crave that spotlight, and because they have so much money Scientology is a religion that will gladly give the spotlight to them. They're a bunch of drama queens.

By the way, you forgot Will Smith.

top topics

join