It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HDTV: It’s not just crisper images and richer sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I was googling HDTV and I found this....I want to know what you guys think about this.

The television broadcast industry was scheduled to change over from analog to digital Feb. 17, 2009. The switch has been delayed indefinitely for reasons that vary depending upon the source and interpretation of source information.

Regardless, we have seen the marketplace expansion of interest in "High Definition (HD) TV" and consumers’ appreciation for the new generation of television technology increase dramatically in recent years. To the majority of the TV watching public, the switch to HDTV is just another step in the process of replacing outdated analog systems with digital technology that offers greater image and sound reproduction compatible with modern electronic digital media players.

But better sound and a clearer picture is just the beginning. The evidence shows that HD technology can also be used to remotely gain complete control over the thoughts, emotions and actions of people who will have no power to resist.

proliberty.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
***groan****

People have been saying for years that TV is used to monitor people/control people etc.

First it was just the standard TV that was the evil tool, then it was the cable box, after that it was digital TV and now recently, over the past few months, claims are abound that it is in fact HDTV that is the real evil....

TV is unable to influnce or control you, beyond the reaction that watching certain programmes would naturally induce. If you're looking for a conspiracy on TV, look at what they actually put on the screens to dumb people down, not some voodoo hidden technology that doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It's working on me.

It looks so damned good that I'll stop surfing just to watch commercials that are in HD!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Me too. I hate to watch golf but it looks so good in HD I will watch it for at least fifteen minutes. It is like I am outside, I remember now, outsiiiiiiiide???

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
TV is unable to influnce or control you, beyond the reaction that watching certain programmes would naturally induce. If you're looking for a conspiracy on TV, look at what they actually put on the screens to dumb people down, not some voodoo hidden technology that doesn't exist.

WOW, though I agree that a lot of the hype around the HDTV switch is hype and complete sensationalism, you're opening sentence in the above quote is the likely one of the most ignorant comments I have ever read.

First, the HDTV switch only affected those people with analog signals, anyone with cable was fine. In BC we've had Shaw for many years now, along with their boxes, we all made the switch so long ago from analog.

But back to my point, to say that tv "is unable to influence or control you", you have never gone anywhere public. People are living breathing TV's, dress like the TV, act like TV, talk like TV, almost everything mainstream people do was learned subconsciously through TV.

It's not a 'coincidence' that young girls in the last 10 years have become immature, annoying, drama queens, look at the shows they are watching. Gossip girl? the hills? OC? All of those shows perpetuate the need for drama, and anyone still in highschool can tell you, DRAMA ABOUNDS, but I see it enough in my mid 20's age group. These insecure girls wanting to be exactly like what they see on TV.

So to say that TV doesn't influence and control people is both misleading, and downright ignorant in my opinion.

If you meant that there's no way that the TV companies are using the boxes for mind control, then apologies, but your statement was far to broad.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I agree about how people are clones of tv shows. I don't own a tv, myself. Also notice the relative IQ of these people- If you can... it's so minuscule, one needs to look hard to see any glimmer of intelligence beyond rote actions. I have been able to notice the sharp rise in stupidity, ignorance, and cliche as of late. It's sickening. EVERYTHING has an ad tacked on it. And I mean E V R Y T H I N G. I am sick of products being rammed down my throat no matter where I go, what I do. I actually had to do a double take at a Wal Mart gas station- I realized I wasn't getting gas because the idiot display expected me to CLICK AN AD and tell it 'no' so I could get gas!

Enough is enough. I think the first step in a revolt is total tv removal. Remove your own. I think actual taking down of tv stations should be a real possibility. And- yeah yeah- I am now a 'domestic terrier-ist' for thinking that. Well, tough. If removing a device that turns people into mindless zombies is bad, then I don't wanna be good.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Read what I posted again.

I said "TV is unable to influnce or control you, beyond the reaction that watching certain programmes would naturally induce. If you're looking for a conspiracy on TV, look at what they actually put on the screens to dumb people down, not some voodoo hidden technology that doesn't exist"

If you read carefully (this may be hard for some, what with the OC being on) I do actually say that the real conspiracy in TV/Mind control is the garbage they put on the screen.

EDITED: For clarity, I went off on one...

[edit on 9/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Read what I posted again. I said "Tv is unable to control you beyond the reaction that watching certain programmes would naturally induce", meaning I ackowledge that certain programming will affect the way you think, such as News for example because they will only present certain aspects of stories.

However, to imply that TV such as the OC or some god-awful "reality TV" show would influence anybody with more than an IQ of 80 is offensive.

I watch TV, yet I do not try to emulate the behaviour, fashion or thoughts I see on it. Otherwise I'd be trying to fight aliens through a massive stone circle, dressed in a green jumpsuit....

I know some people do, but they tend to be stupid people or young children. Those children are also plonked in front of the box for several hours a day as their parents can't be arsed to be proper parents.

It's not TV's or Societies fault if you're that pliable that you want to emulate a turd-like American TV programme. TV will only produce a short term emotional response, depending on what you watching.

Allowing yourself to be completely influenced is your own fault for not being able to think independantly and if you truly believe what you see on TV, especially such dire turdpile rubbish as the OC, then I'd be quite happy for the Government to take over your brain completely, seeing as you weren't using it

Then take the latter that I mentioned, my apology.

But for you to imply that 90% of america actually has an IQ over 80 is offensive to me. Thus the problem, large portion of people are absorbed by that garbage.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Then take the latter that I mentioned, my apology.

Accepted

I've edited my response anyway for clarity on what I was trying to say..

Originally posted by king9072
But for you to imply that 90% of america actually has an IQ over 80 is offensive to me.

That's funny

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I honestly believe 90% of Americans are dipping below the 80 IQ mark. Yup, it's voluntary... People have bought into 'ignorance is bliss, materialism much more so'. I am able to amaze- yes- amaze people by doing simple things, asserting simple skills. It's like showing cavemen a lighter, to be honest. An example: I have lived with my cat for some years now, and I have learned how he 'talks' to me. He goes to where there's something needing to be done- like say, an empty food dish, or in the general direction, and pouts while looking at me. I mention this to people who have the IQ of potato salad left out in the sun for a couple hours, and they thing I am either a) nuttier than a fruitcake, (what- your cat talks to you? What drugs do you take?) or b) with amazing, incredible powers beyond those of mere mortals

- And all I can lay claim to is observing what my cat does, and taking a hint from the obvious. It's his way of talking- and I listen.

Another is virus and 'crap'ware removal. I know certain people who go to the shiny sites with all the bells whistles and crap on that makes a computer move like a sick elephant... and while I 'amaze' them with my incredible 'skills'... when I tell them WHY their computer's barfing up on them- Do they listen? NO. " But I *like* those sites! I cant live without those sites! Blah blah blech." I went to a couple of those sites (computer armored all to heck) to see for myself what the attraction was. What I saw was absolutely nothing of substance, only simple puerile games, and ads from one end to the other. Or flashy email and web add ons that do nothing but spread spam and crapware. After I left- I watched my anti ware programs shovel out stuff like gangbusters.

Yet people gobble it up like it was a buffet. Tell them they need to stop- you get the drug addict's credo: "But I NEED it, man!" (insert image of person jabbing arm repeatedly with a needle while wearing a freaky grin here)

It's completely pathetic how people in this country are becoming. If you're more informed than Oprah, Regis, and Kathy Lee- you're an official weirdo. If American Idol does nothing for you- people give you a look of frightened pity. And God HELP you if you even hint at anything remotely of a scientific nature... hoo! That right there is just like throwing a match into a vat of gasoline. I once described the diamagnetic properties of bismuth to someone... their eyes glazed over. I didn't even use big words! I even told them how you could take 2 magnets, stick a piece of bismuth between them, and you'd have floating metal.... and you'd think I was quoting the Necronomicon.

Sometimes.... I really and honestly wonder what planet *I'm* from... cause it cant be this one!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
More practically, HDMI can be used to prevent you from recording

Although it still makes movies look terrific

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I love my HD TV and my blueray player.
Movies that were recorded digitally are just amazing even the older non digital look great on blueray.

I dont watch much regular TV
Except the History channel, Discovery Channel and Sci fi ofcourse

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Any information system that is one way and top down oriented ultimately serves the the agenda of the top

The system offers information and entertainment in return for allegiance

Criticism of the system is limited to rating the entertainment quality of the individual programs

The viewer does not have the means to criticize the system with in the structure of the system.

End user criticism is only allowed through a separate medium(internet,print,water cooler)

The real concerns with this type of system is that the end user willfully accepts the programs as reality. The emergence of reality based TV creates the illusion that the behavior of the actors on the reality shows is an acceptable form of behavior for all humans.

Check out the work of Jerry Mander

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Very offensive and starred - thank you! Well said. I am an American and my IQ is well above that of 80! As is my partners and our four children. The lowest is our middle boy but at 115 - he'll survive.

He actually would appear much smarter than the OP - you can bet your shiny white a## on that LOL!!!

EDITED TO SAY:

I think you handle yourself like a true gentleman. He should have received your apology but by him ignoring it - it shows what he is really all about. DRAMA!!! But wait... he hates DRAMA! Hrm... yet he seeks it? Odd.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Little One]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Interesting article.

I cannot and will not upgrade to HDTV. I have gone out of my way to purchase traditional televisions (getting more difficult). This is for one reason - every HDTV I have ever laid my eyes on have given me a headache within minutes. I have not found one that is pleasing to my eyes and I will avoid these new screens at all costs. I think my eyes are just sensitive to the contrasts and levels in these screens (no need to dive into some conspiracy here as I believe my situation is just how my eyes and brain react to the screens). When the day comes when there are no other alternatives, I will use my old screens until they die and never watch television again. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Its funny isn't it that real scientists have come out and told us that the stuff they are using in hdtv's are there to manipulate people.

Anyone who has one, knows that the new tv's make you quickly go into a dream like state.

Brainwave entrainment is something you should look into.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
One thing I cant understand- is if these TVs are all just LCDs and energy efficient LEDs- why do they put out heat like they do? At a store I went to, I turned my back on them, and realized my back was getting mighty toasty. It worried me a bit- it was like standing by a window with the sun beating down on it.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NWRHINO

It's not like people are forced to watch TV.

There are plenty of wholesome documentaries if MTV isn't your thing

top topics

join