It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Says It's Ready to Intercept Iranian Nukes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Israel Says It's Ready to Intercept Iranian Nukes

www.dailytech.com

"Bring it on," says Israel

While the 90s saw a time of relative peace, with the Iraq war and the escalate tensions with Iran, Israel is staying alert and preparing for any kind of assault. The Israeli Air Force just wrapped up the 17th test of its new missile defense system and is confident that it can now shoot down any ballistic nuclear missiles that Iran or others could shoot at it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Good news I suppose if you live in Israel but not so good enws for a peaceful end in my mind.

Israel now has defences such that they can attack the nations around them and defend against anything they throw against them of a missile variety. I don't see Israel holding back on an assualt on Iranian capability now...

The Israel missile defense system helps provide valuable test data to help the U.S. develop and improve its own missile shield. The U.S., like Israel, claims its missile defense shield to be active and ready to destroy any nuclear threat.

The cynic in me thinks that the US wants Israel to be attacked so they can test their missile shield in a live fire test.

www.dailytech.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is a defensive weapon. It is not designed to attack anyone. Name one country in which Israel has ever STARTED a war with. Each and every war Israel has ever fought was in response to the conduct of another country.

The most recent two "wars" were as against Gaza and Lebanon. In Gaza Israel responded to numerous rocket attacks against its civilians, and in Lebanon, Israel responded to an attack be Hezbollah where they crossed the border and ambushed Israeli solders.

Even in 1991 when Saddam was firing rockets at Israel in an attempt to draw them into the first Gulf war, Israel showed restraint and listened to its western allies and stayed out.

Oh, I forgot, Jews run the world and are therefore responsible for everything that happens (sarcasm).

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Israel showed restraint and listened to its western allies and stayed out.

Yeah. Just after the US gave them a contract to provide them with high tech weapons and cash whenever needed... because Israel did deploy NUKES and was about to nuke Baghdad.

Anyway good for them... but a missile shield is not really a defensive weapon, like the missile shield in eastern europe is aimed at Russia, so it's NOT a defensive weapon.

Have you ever heard of the term pre-emptive strike? Well, that's what a missile shield is for.

You attack first, destroy what you can, and if they can strike back, you stop the missiles. Therefore, you can attack whoever you want without suffering anything, making war more likely. And you add hawkish leaders in Israel and you have some kind of disaster in the making.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
Name one country in which Israel has ever STARTED a war with.

That's like someone giving Israel the finger and then Israel shooting them and claiming "They started it!" Plus you can claim they were not the aggressor in the 1967 war but they sure played their part in starting it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shere Khaan

Originally posted by finemanm
Name one country in which Israel has ever STARTED a war with.

That's like someone giving Israel the finger and then Israel shooting them and claiming "They started it!" Plus you can claim they were not the aggressor in the 1967 war but they sure played their part in starting it.

See, you came up with ONE, and even that one, while pre-emptive, was started by the Egyptians.

Egypt's president Nasser expelled the United Nations Emergency Force (UNEF) from the Sinai Peninsula in May 1967.[7] Nasser knew that Soviet claims of Israel forces massing against the Syrian border were false, but used them as a pretext to evict the peacekeeping force that had been stationed there since 1957, following a British-French-Israeli invasion which was launched during the Suez Crisis.[8] Egypt amassed 1,000 tanks and nearly 100,000 soldiers on the Israeli border[9] and closed the Straits of Tiran to all ships flying Israeli flags or carrying strategic materials, receiving strong support from other Arab countries.[10] Israel responded with a similar mobilization that included the call up of 70,000 reservists to augment the regular IDF forces.[11] On June 5, 1967, Israel launched a pre-emptive attack
en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm, I think massing 100,000 soldiers and 1,000 tanks on a counry's border is a bit more than giving someone the finger.

Get off the anti-Irsael bandwagon, its nicer here in reality.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Yes, and Nazi Germany NEVER attacked anyone either because they were trying to defend themselves against, the Polish, French, British, etc.

It's the same concept over and over and over again. It's not about defense, and it never will be.

It's ALL about global conquest. Israel is a problem, Iran is a problem, they are all problems.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

so true

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
A defense against "Iranian nukes"?

... do they have a defense system against the tooth-fairy as well?

Last I checked, it was pretty hard to chuck a nuclear power plant at another country.

... maybe there really could be money in fairy interceptors.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Their defense is false-flag/preemptive strike. Really, they are one thing, false-flag and preemptive strike need one name, they are ubiquitous with war in this new century, no matter what John McCain says.

www.debka.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Some people i swear, are unable to think outside the box.

If Iran had a nuclear missile, which I dont think they do.. they sure as hell arent going to fire it clear as day.

Israel, like America will be defeated because they beleive their technological know how can keep them safe.

Crude, Rude and unsuspecting is what defeated the Russians & Americans in Afghanistan and the Americans in Iraq and Vietnam.

Iran would not be as stupid as Israel believes, a nuke will be delivered via shipping container or in the trunk of a car.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

"The cynic in me thinks that the US wants Israel to be attacked so they can test their missile shield in a live fire test."

That's funny, the cynic in me tells me that if the US wanted Israel to be attacked for any reason, they would do it themselves and BLAME it on someone else... Like Iran.

Love how this story comes on the heels of the outrage expressed over Korea testing missile technology. The hypocrisy is staggering

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
1 minute ago, take it what you will...

Major Head Games on C2C, speaking on "armageddon"

"Israel with attack Iran, it will happen..."

Paraphrasing. He is stating the obvious, but he did just say it 2 minutes ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

name one of its neighbours that israel hasn`t directly attacked in `peace` time - syria , iraq to name 2.

new topics

top topics

join