It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Street View cameraman in row with photographer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Google Street View cameraman in row with photographer

www.telegrap h.co.uk

A Google Street View cameraman told a photographer "don't you take pictures of me" when he tried to reverse roles on him and take his photograph.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-4-2009 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
What a cheek this google street view worker has! So he gets to drive around invading the privacy of everyone in the Country, but when a citizen tries to take a photo of him he gets all stroppy!!!

its another case of the people being very suspicious of all this privacy invasion by google. There was another post on here recently about UK people who barricaded their street to stop the google car taking footage by their homes.

I think its gotten a bit too much with all this google stuff. As well as talk of microchipping, ID' cards and all the CCTV. this is a world where everyone is being watched 24-7.

www.telegrap h.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
That is real hypocrisy right there!

And the private photographer would be under different laws to the google one... I really don't know the technicalities but I'm fairly sure he would be under no obligation to blur the google employees face...

Should he then sell that picture to say a newspaper then whatever happens to the picture after that is the news papers affair - should they publish that guys face it will be lawer against lawer and the private photographer would be free to spend to cash he made on beer down the pub care free!

That's my take on it.... I urge more people to snap these guys!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Everyone is subject to the same laws, be they corporations or peons.

Everyone is free to take pictures on public property and Google wasn;t required to blur anyones face on their Streetview. What Google did with regards to blacking out windows and blurring faces is actually much more than they are required to do.

While we're on the subject, despite common belief, it isn't illegal to film/photograph police. This misconception comes from recent legislation that makes it a crime to take pictures of any military, law enforcement or civil buildings and personnel that could be used in an act of terrorism.

The onus is on the Police to prove that you intend to use the images for terrorism, which can only be done if you're arrested, charged and taken to court, so NEVER surrender your camera to a policeman if he asks you to stop filming or photgraphing.

You are not obliged to and they rely on ignorance of the law (often it's junior PC's who do this and they are as ignorant) to coerce people into stopping filming them.He might well arrest you, but he'll look the tit when your lawyer comes down to the station...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
When is "Google Interiors" coming online?

So we can all see where we sleep at night and whether we leave our doors unlocked...

Google won't be satisfied until they have a fibre-optic camera jammed up our collective asses mapping our intestinal tracts.

Google really needs to stop with this insane exponentially-growing interest in having the entire blueprints for the world stored on their databases.

It's just begging for Government Intrusion or collusion... and before you know it someone's going to leak another scandal about Google cooperating with the Government data-mining our Google Maps/Earth usage to see what we're looking at or extrapolating Google data to find out people's personal details.

[edit on 9/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Google already has my house listed wrong and when i applied for a debit card a few week ago the company checked the address i gave them and claimed it was a fake address.

I ended up having to send the card company a utility bill for the home with the address on it to prove google was wrong.

Now the google street view is also wrong even though the address is plainly visible twice to anyone looking at the home. its one the gate and on the front of the home in 6 inch numbers.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Huh?

How on earth has Google got anything to do with you getting a debit card?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by ANNED

Huh?

How on earth has Google got anything to do with you getting a debit card?

Over here the idiots who work for these places use all manner of sources to check legitimacy.
Unfortunately they don't have the intellect to realize the sources, being unofficial, could be wrong (or worse, a complete fabrication).

[edit on 10-4-2009 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well good for the photographer, maybe now the google guy got a small taste of what the rest of the world feels like having their homes shown up close for any lunatic, or criminal to see.

The photographer should have made sure he got a good picture of the guys face, gave it to the press and plastered it all over the web. It amazes me that someone that does this for a living has the gall to say that he should be immune from it.

new topics

top topics

join