It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Rise of Glenn Beck's Bizarre Media Militia" - Must Read!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Fox News is playing an increasingly erratic and dangerous game by embracing paranoid insurrection rhetoric and conspiracy theorists.

"Get ready - Go truth - Go!"

READ THE ARTICLE!
www.alternet.org...

After a night of drinking, followed by an early-morning argument with his mother, with whom he shared a Pittsburgh apartment, 22-year-old Richard Poplawski put on a bulletproof vest, grabbed his guns, including an AK-47 rifle, and waited for the police to respond to the domestic-disturbance call his mother had placed.

When two officers arrived at the front door, Poplawski shot them both in the head, and then killed another officer who tried to rescue his colleagues.

In the wake of the bloodbath, we learned that Poplawski was something of a conspiracy nut who embraced dark, radical rhetoric about America. He was convinced the government wanted to take away his guns, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported.

www.alternet.org...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is interresting but
what does it have to do with Glen Beck?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think he is trying to say FOX NEWS made him do it.

I guess the question I would have to the poster is "should we not" talk about politics, threats to the constitution (like trans-nationalism), the erosion of our rights, etc. Because some freekin nut job may use it as an excuse to kill people?

You may notice that the "Bush Nazi Patriot Act" that everyone hated so much is still there. You may notice that we are talking about irresponsibly screwing with nature by shooting pollution particles into the upper atmosphere to reflect the sun's rays. You may notice were talking about giving up US sovereignty to UN Treaties. You may notice that were still spending like drunken sailors, You may notice we the people are going to be paying for carbon credits, You may notice that Obama just "fired" the CEO of a private business, You may notice Rom Emanuel saying "Never let a crisis go to waste" in the wake of passing legislation that the American people do not want.

Everyone should be silent and just pay for all of this crap? We should let UN courts over-rule the US Supreme Court? UN treaties should trump the will of people of the United States in our own damned country?

So I take it everyone should be silent and NOT call-out-attention to these issues because... because... WHY?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

Please read the full article, as suggested by the OP.

All will come clearer (warning...Alex Jones is as much as a sleaze bag as Glenn Beck. Well, maybe Jones is worse, and Beck is just an unknowing patsy who's falling for the Jones KOOL-AID).

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Lets not forget that Glen Beck was maybe only CNN-MSM member who openly supported Ron Paul in elections... - Thats also gives a base for Beck to understand Alex Jones much better - just by overlooking Infowars or listening tens of interviews and years of cooperation made by Alex with Ron Paul...

I dont wonder, if Beck has started to respect true journalist work made by Alex with movies and radioshows - investigating - and asking most difficult questions for over a decade now.

And Glen Beck wrote a book - I think that raised many difficult questions also to his mind - but like we know, answers are finally same as ours here in ATS = There is a conspiracy, and we the 911-truth peoples, we are not nuts.

Totally other question is Becks change from CNN to Fox - whats the game behind the curtain in that? - and what is OUR part in that political game?

We - conspiracy theorists - are fast growing powerful movement - also ATS in front of these troops, and truth movement will play a great role, when economical collapse is spreading, and the truth can not be hided anymore...

(FEMA Camps, FED, CFR, Illuminati, Bilderberg, UFOs, Puppet presidents...)

Maybe Fox is trying to move to our side, save what can be saved from MSM media respect - at least their own ass in coming mess - but for all Ron Paul supporters, how can we give sorry to Fox, after what they did to RP in New Hampshire, do you remember? - I will.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
newsbusters.org...

newsbusters.org...

I think its like saying the violent video game made me do it. How can the responsibility of the man's actions be shifted from himself to a person who is trying to group together people in opposition to today's politics. (forget his motives for a second) This shift in blame almost sounds as if it has an alternative motive to it. Discrediting what he is saying maybe?? I believe that one has to take responsibility for what one does, and that the shifting of any action is an excuse for the fact that this man was clearly already disturbed.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
One of the CNN anchors tried to pin the killings on Glen Beck, saying it was his fult b/c the killer had posted a video with Glen Beck in it, but when you see the video its actually about the killer hating Glen Beck, so that dosn't make much since.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The question is, "Was he someone on here?"

2nd line

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Lets not forget that Glen Beck was maybe only CNN-MSM member who openly supported Ron Paul in elections...

Glenn Beck openly compared Paulers to domestic terrorists and alikened them to anti-war anti-americans. Glenn Beck openly and still outright supported the Iraq war. Glenn Beck is a flip flopper and is obviously trying to tap into the dissolutioned libertarian fringe, and you know what its working.

Thats also gives a base for Beck to understand Alex Jones much better

I dont know about alex jone in all this, I dont buy him, but Glenn is clearly an opportunist like all reporters. The very fact Glenn is now working for fox news, the same news group that shut out ron paul for most of the election, the same media group with such individuals as Hannity who Paulers outright retaliated against.

Maybe Fox is trying to move to our side

8 years under the Bush administration and fox news never gave a damn, infact fox news continued to lump Paulers with the rest of their "anti-american" crowd. All of a sudden a democrat is in the whitehouse and they give a damn. You dont have to like Obama, but you should be well aware of opportunistic voices and tricks out there, like fox.

Glenn and fox are taking you for a ride. I understand that paulers and fringers are desperate for something out there, but that doesnt necessarily mean giving easily into those who pretend to give a damn.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
The question is, "Was he someone on here?"

No. I read somewhere he was a member of a white supremists (?) website.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Glen Beck flip-flops on the issues too much. First he said there were Fema Camps and then he said there wasn't, then he said THEY made him say that and that they threatened to fire him.

NOTE TO GLENN BECK: Take a stand and stick with it or get out of the way!
The tears are getting less believable by the day!

IMHO.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

Shy_gazer....really?!?

Your post...did Glenn Beck ACTUALLY admit to being told what to say?!?

Please, if you have any clips of this, please post!

What I'm trying to say is....I hope you have actual video of this....please?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This quote from the article:

"There are a lot of people who hate liberals, and if we stir that around in the pot and on the airwaves, eventually there will be people (like Adkisson) ... who get infected by the violent rhetoric and put it into violent action," Bohstedt said.

I had to move in with my Mom - lost my job, car, all that blah blah stuff - and she listens to Fox radio all day long, it sickens me. Just today, I think it was Hannity when he interviewed the criminal known as Karl Rove, basically implying if you are a Liberal, you are wrong and should be put down. Not in so many words, but darned close. Hannity is such a hate-mongerer I don't know how anyone can take his crap seriously, but they do. Watching him in the movie "This Divided State" almost made me throw up in my mouth, the guy is so full of hate towards the left.

But, people do take him and other hatemongers like O'Reilly very seriously and it just creates a divide in the U.S. So much hate for the "other side", it's ridiculous. We are all on this big blue ball together and hate gets us nowhere. I'm tired of hate and while I'm not saying they are totally and unequivocally responsible for anything a person does besides themselves, they have the right to free speech as much as I do(I think, well see on that one), but where is the line drawn? All I hear from Hannity is how long before the Republicans are back in power, how bad the Dem's are doing and how much he hates Liberals and how they are basically bad for America. They have enormous influence and I don't think we should dismiss that. Should they be held accountable for rousing people into doing things like shooting up a church? I don't have the answer to that but it seems that something should be done to curtail the hatred they spew.

I don't have any answers to anything. I wish I did. It just burns me to have to listen to these bottom wipers. I can't go out to the front room without hearing about how evil the liberal press is, how disgusting they think liberals are, how they need to be fixed if they are a liberal, etc. It's even in the intro to Hannity's show, something about how he'll fix the liberals from their obviously wrong point of view. Who the hell is he to say that anyone's opinion is wrong?

I'm just so tired of the left vs. right thing, it's insanely ridiculous if you ask me. Neither side gets anything right so why do we need them?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Okay I read that whole long winded four page article.

Brief take on that ... read the final quote page 4...

"There are a lot of people who hate liberals, and if we stir that around in the pot and on the airwaves, eventually there will be people (like Adkisson) ... who get infected by the violent rhetoric and put it into violent action," Bohstedt said.

He remained worried about future violence: "Do you think there are other Jim Adkissons out there listening to hate speech? I do."

Me, too.

Violence isn't expounded by Beck or Hannity certainly not O'Reilly. They're all hot air for the ratings.

Liberals have their own media cult... Mass Media channels and newspapers. I think it's about time that at least FOXNews tries to make sense out things. Main Stream should be held responsible for their stirring of liberal slant and hatred of Republicans. Maybe we can all go to the Center since most people aren't really radicals (left or right) anyhow.

Colbert, the few times I've seen him is rarely funny but mostly extremely inciteful and it's called comedy? Guess you had to be there really doped up and already lovin' him to enjoy most of his 'comedy'.

I don't buy their sponsors #. I have mute button; channel selector and DVR as last resort.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by unfndqlt
newsbusters.org...

newsbusters.org...

I think its like saying the violent video game made me do it. How can the responsibility of the man's actions be shifted from himself to a person who is trying to group together people in opposition to today's politics. (forget his motives for a second) This shift in blame almost sounds as if it has an alternative motive to it. Discrediting what he is saying maybe?? I believe that one has to take responsibility for what one does, and that the shifting of any action is an excuse for the fact that this man was clearly already disturbed.

Amen. Half the problem with society today is that people will not take responsibility for their own actions. It is much easier to blame someone else. Yes, blame someone else, get the handout instead of working for it, let the government or someone else take care of you. Glenn Beck, or anyone else for that matter, did not go to this man's house, stand behind him and tell him to shoot anyone. Heck, the man picked up the gun and dressed in a bullet proof vest all by himself. No one even had to put that gun in his hand for him.

Also, Obama's gun control stuff has been around for a long time. All the news outlets have talked about it from day one and it has been circulating on the internet since then as well. The stories on the internet of stocking up on guns and ammo and citizen militias, etc., are rampant. This man obviously had a problem and you can't lay the blame on anyone for what he did. Oh wait, maybe blame his mom for complaining about his dog peeing on the floor, she started it. Blame the dog that peed on the floor, blame the person who sold him a dog that pees on the floor, blame anyone but the man that made a conscious decision to pick up a gun and heavily arm himself and laid in wait for a knock on the door.

Let me tell ya, the hate mongering is working. Best thing to do is take what is actual info out of something and leave the rest, and if you can't do that, then just don't listen to it. Simple.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony
This quote from the article:

I had to move in with my Mom - lost my job, car, all that blah blah stuff - and she listens to Fox radio all day long, it sickens me.

God created parents so that you would leave them. Nothing personal, being out of work sucks. Sorry for your loss but it's going around.

Try being stuck listening to the 700Club blaring at 6AM. Couple of decades ago but same thing. move out!

Find some liberal friends to support you or hit the federal gravy train for a grant.

There's also the National Guard; I heard enlistment is up 200% or more last few months.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

I will be moving out, as soon as I get my crap squared away. Crap happens, I'm dealing with it best I can.

700 club, no thanks. Religion and politics, yuck. I can think of nothing I would like to listen to less than either one.

Your National Guard idea is quite funny. Really, you would have to know me, but I'm about as violent as a doorknob. I can't get into the armed forces, to me that's immoral. I'm against war and all that, even though it seems to me that we are headed for one helluva doozy if things aren't straightened out pretty quick.

But what do I know. Anyway, thanks for the advice.

new topics

top topics

join