It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adios US: now China leads the world, says Chavez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Adios US: now China leads the world, says Chavez

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

"No one can be ignorant that the centre of gravity of the world has moved to Beijing," Mr Chavez told China's president and Communist Party leader Hu Jintao on Wednesday during his sixth visit to the capital.

"During the financial crisis, China's actions have been highly positive for the world. Currently, China is the biggest motor driving the world amidst this crisis of international capitalism." Mr Chavez's comments developed a theme he had begun earlier in the week.

On Tuesday night he told reporters: "The unipolar world has collapsed. The power of the US empire has collapsed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-4-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Heh, looks like no love has been lost between Chavez and washington, even after Obama and all the "change" rhetoric that came along with him has settled in.

I can't quite say I agree with Chavez just yet of the states being totally collapsed, but if TPTB continue looting and raping us and carrying on with the same song and dance, that may well turn prophetic in the not-so-distant future...

There is definitely a global power play at hand going on here...

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Chavez is flipping madder than rumplestiltskin with st vitus dance in his pants while on crack.

Personally I think it would be awesome if china's 1 billion people joined the rest of the modern world. The yen would grow in buying power. And pretty soon you'll see that china will be buying things from us rather than us buying from them.

Our GDP is like 4 times greater than China and only the euorpean union beats us. I don't see how we are a declining power.

And lets face it folks. If the USA fails so does the rest of the world. Chavez isn't going to be happy when no one is buying his oil.
He needs a big cup of stfu.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
No, China isn't coming close to beating us.

Also, there are several articles on how China manipulates its currency (just like us, lol), so, they're not better than us, if anything they would be only artificially better than us.

And, I don't think China is a better alternative...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
No, China isn't coming close to beating us.

Also, there are several articles on how China manipulates its currency (just like us, lol), so, they're not better than us, if anything they would be only artificially better than us.

And, I don't think China is a better alternative...

You might wanna look into China a bit more. I'll point you to this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

China is going to take over. The myth that they need us more than we need them is BS and is not rooted in reality.

The following posts from the thread above will put things in perspective:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And in related news: Seems the Pentagon is taking this pretty serious...

Pentagon preps for economic warfare

In the end, there was sobering news for the United States – the savviest economic warrior proved to be China, a growing economic power that strengthened its position the most over the course of the war-game.

The United States remained the world’s largest economy but significantly degraded its standing in a series of financial skirmishes with Russia, participants said.

The war game demonstrated that in post-Sept. 11 world, the Pentagon is thinking about a wide range of threats to America’s position in the world, including some that could come far from the battlefield.

And it’s hardly science fiction. China recently shook the value of the dollar in global currency markets merely by questioning whether the recession put China’s $1 trillion in U.S. government bond holdings at risk – forcing President Barack Obama to issue a hasty defense of the dollar.

Full story:

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

top topics

join