First Tobacco ... Now Soft Drinks ...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
They have to pay for all the BS spending somehow, and those pennies per ounce will add up.

Maybe if they cut spending, they wouldn't have to tax the hell out of every little thing in this country. But, oh no, we (the peons) have to pay so that they (the idiot government) can spend on their pet projects.

Sickening.....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by disgustedbyhumanity
I for one am quite positive it is not soft drinks that cause obesity. A body burns that up in no time. The problem is processed food.Those who drink soft drinks tend to also eat a bunch of this crappy food. The skinniest people I know all drink a ton of regular soda and eat little processed food.

That said, it is diet sodas that could actually be a bigger problem. Our bodies know how to process sugar and corn syrup but fake sugars are another issue.

I am thin and drink a ton of coca cola, but I don't eat processed food.

Also I want to comment, my mom is a friend of a VP of a sugar subsitute company, he has said, under no uncertain terms were any of his family allowed to touch or drink anything with a sugar subsitute or diet label.

The fact of the matter is, sugar subsitute and diet items have cancer causing chemicals.

I have never touched nor eaten anything with diet or a sugar subsitute, nor will I ever. I don't even chew "sugar free" gum. But, if you take a look, now adays, it is hard to find any regular gum anymore, of a mint flavor, they are all sugar free.

If a VP of a big sugar subsitute company doesn't allow his family to touch the stuff, shouldn't that tell people something?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

I won't touch anything with aspartame in it.

I have Lupus and when I went from soft drinks to Crystal Light, I got worse really fast. As soon as I quit the aspartame, all the excess symptoms went away.

I am not saying aspartame was the culprit, but I am not big on coincidences, either.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I think most "liberals" would argue against regressive taxes - those which hurt poor people the most. And, just to be clear, just because I am against regressive taxes doesn't mean I'm in favor of progressive taxes....(I'm in favor of a flat tax with absolutely no loopholes or corporate favoritism.)

People are going to learn that you can easily make your own carbonated soft drinks using cane sugar and it will be much better than the crap made out of high fructose corn syrup. Then they'll learn to make their own booze which is also easy. Growing and processing tobacco is a little trickier but can be done almost anywhere in the world. I haven't tried it yet but have been reading about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I personally have no problem with this. You say the rest of us will know what it's like, but I don't drink soft drinks/soda. Pure water and juice is what we should all be drinking these days, a raise in soda drinks is nothing to moan about

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nightrun

You aren't going to feel that way when some day soon, they put a frivilous tax on something you partake of on a daily basis just because they can.

Then, you will feel like the rest of us feel who are experiencing taxation for no other reason than the government needs money and doesn't agree with something and it is easy.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

pure water and juice huh? you do know that fruit juice has sugar in it so that will be taxed as well.

Then they will tax water. they will say they need the tax to maintain the equipment to purify the water.
-____________________________________________________________
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay just over $20,000 a year in federal income tax i think I'm taxed enough
i pay an extra tax if i want to drink a beer.
i pay almost $10.00 a week in taxes now for my smokes
i pay state income tax
1 pay county personal property tax
I pay state, city, and county sales tax on everything I buy
I pay a tax to get a fishing license
I pay a tax to get a hunting license
I pay taxes on my utilities
I pay taxes to license my car
I pay taxes for a drivers license

Plus i pay Business taxes on top of that.

ENOUGH BLOODY TAXES ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT THE GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO BAILOUT THE BANKERS BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO MANAGER THERE FING MONEY!!!!!

The government wants to pay for the bailouts and Obama's spending well its about time that those bastards in washington and the CEO's on wall street foot the bill for their own crap i'm tired of paying for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry this turned into a rant but can ya tell i'm tired of being taxed to death

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Mercenary2007]

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Raising taxes in bad economic times. People wanted a Government completely controlled by the Far Left, you got it, how does it feel.

Wait until you see what is coming next. Hyper-Inflation courtesy of the anti-Capitalism crowd. Be sure and thank them.

In five months they have spent more than all other Administrations combined. Shocked? You should be. You will have to pay for it.

Wave to Pelosi in the jet you paid for as her and her family and friends fly over your head. You won't be flying. You won't have any money. You have to pay for their trips.

They bought us, now they are selling us out. Just look at their smiles on their daily TV visits. Got to talk to the little people who pay for their lavish lifestyles and put their names on buildings and parks as they worship them in the halls of academia.

On your knee's Serfs.
Oh, by the way, your Tribute is due. You can't worship us for free you know.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

You are not nearly angry enough. Wait a few months until it all sinks in completely. The only way they can do this is if they are planning on a round of hyper-inflation. It is coming soon to theater near you and me.

Want to leave your business to your kids? Forget it, the Death Tax comes back in all its glory next year. I can't afford to die, how about you? On paper I'm rich according to them but in reality, I can barely pay my bills. Oh the joys of creative taxation.
A lifetime of hard work and in the end it will go to pay for a Jet for Queen Nancy with a few tokens passed around to those who can't be bothered to work.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
My 2 pennies for what its worth...
People are not obese because of soda! People are obese (unless they have a medical condition) simply because they will not get off of their rear ends and move! I was small for years, my thyroid malfunctioned and I ballooned to over 200 lbs...I had surgery to correct the problem and worked my butt off to lose 50lbs and I work at it daily...stop blaming sugar or whatever...get up!!! More taxes is not the answer! As many have stated, we are being taxed to the poor house already!

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well I don't smoke, I don't drink (beside one cold one in a very hot day), I avoid any sugars specially corn syrup ( can you believe they put that stuff on anything including saltine crackers and white bread?) so much for moderation so to tell you the truth unless they start putting a service charge on buying local products from local growers then I will start worrying about.

Still my state already got hold of my husband military retirement starting this year.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well actually I don't drink those juice from concentrate. I make smoothies at home and drink freshly squeezed juice. I do however buy bottled spring water. I can see what the fuss is but I don't see it happening to everything we like to buy.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I think you are upset that the prices are no longer convenient. Me personally, I live far more simpler than anybody else here I assure you. I basically own only clothes, a bike, and a couple of backpacks. uhh anyway, there are always alternatives. Soda/sugar water doesn't taste as good as it used to anyway.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by nightrun]

[edit on 10/4/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
water doesn't taste as good as it used to anyway.

Nah, you squeeze a nice lemon on it and it makes a big difference and is better for you.
I drink water all day long.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This isn't about keeping people from getting obese. The only interest politicians have in it is that there is more money to be made off of taxpayers for their pet projects and spending sprees.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Not to nitpick at sides (because really I think 98% of the government is on the same side and not ours) who is in control of the house/senate at the moment? Who likes to interfere in others lives more often than not? Look into the thing about California wanting to control the thermostat in all the homes there (though they will never be able to do it at least not for now). Look into who first wanted to make sure only certain light bulbs were available for use. Look into who always wants to pass gun laws. More often than not it is the liberals (the far liberals) that want to impose their own opinion and views into the private life of others.

I am not saying the far conservatives don’t do this because they do as well. But most of the things I have mentioned that invade my life come from liberals. Who pushes the global warming junk so much. Sorry but in this case the liberals are on the losing end. This is their way of saving us from ourselves.

Sorry I don’t need saving from myself at least not any of their help doing so.

Raist

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Oh believe me my friend i'm pleanty pissed enough right now. I'm exercising alot of control in my post on this issue or else i'd be banned as soon as a mod seen my post. I know whats coming believe me. And i've been telling people since the end of 06 first of 07 what was coming. no one believed me and now they won't talk to me because i was right and they are to embarrassed to talk to me about todays "crisis"

I closed my business towards the end of 08. it was costing me more to keep it open than i was bringing in. Maybe i should have kept it open and asked for a bailout. that seems to be the american business way these days. But then again i have morals.

Let me guess you helped vote in Obama? Have you started to regret that decission yet?

and no i'm not upset that the prices are no longer convenient. I'm upset because I'm being unfairly taxed, and I'm tired of it. i guess you didn't read my whole post where i listed the majority of taxes I pay?

you really think the tax man won't pay you a visit huh? you do realize that even those fresh fruits that you squeeze have sugars in them? I'm sure Obama will figure out a way to tax you for that.

But when the unfair taxes hit you just remember we warned you. Us smokers have been warning you non smokers for years that you reap what you sow and while you were cheering on the tax man while he was taxing us now its your turn. maybe next tim e when we warn you guys you'll listen.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well, at least the tax is for people making over $250k annually. Phew.

I was promised that. So either I was lied to......or only people making over that drink sugary drinks......?

Anyways soon enough only people making over 250k per annun, will be able to afford anything!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mercenary2007

I basically just said in my last post that my lifestyle isn't effected much by tax. Secondly I'm quite sure on the left of my post it says I live in New Zealand, so no I didn't vote Obama in

I see what you're saying. I just don't agree with you completely.
The government is giving you extra reasons to live better, they aren't taking away your right to those luxuries, you'll just have to spend more for that junkfood.

edit:
I just read your post and yeah, tax is abit rediculous these days but I think that being in a recession should have opened up a new world for you. People just have to learn to cut back. Do you really need to smoke? You don't have to answer that, and please don't be offended either.

[edit on 9/4/2009 by nightrun]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well folks how do you like your obama change so far you have not seen nothing yet when it comes to more user taxes being implemented along with more controls over your life. Wait until you get a full understanding of your electric bill being taxed thru the roof escalating each and ever year. Taxing coal, oil and natural gas you have not seen nothing when it comes to hidden taxes. Remember here comes the global warming tax.

Remember obama saying no tax hikes for the middle class this year. LOL

[edit on 9-4-2009 by amari]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
What a bunch of whining.

Oh, its so evil. They are taxing soda. Oh no, the world is coming to an end. Please... Not the soda... Please.... Not the soda...

I think you guys fail to realize the deficit America is trying to recover from thanks to BUSH, not obama. Stop complaining about every little tax that is implemented.

You guys sure did stay nice and hush hush when the gas prices shot up to 5 bucks a gallon. But wait... OH NO! Theyre taxing soda and making america healthier!!!!!!!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!

Please do, just run for the hills, we dont need this kind of nonsense. We really dont.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum