It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who say "get a job, or you are useless"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pai mei

All I want to say is that no-one is useless.

Everyone has a purpose, but it is difficult to find that purpose. I am being made sure that my purpose is to help others - I am fighting this, because I am sure that I am a writer - well, there you go.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
YOu can always go live in the woods.... sigh.

im not joking. Go live in the woods. find your own food and build a shelter.

Sadly, you cant... not in todays time, unless you own the land or someone owns the land and you have permission, the powers that be will find you and evict you. at least here in the U.S.

I live near some of the butiful woods i have ever seen.. quiet remote but you can gurantee that each inch is watched and monitored.. in the area that we hunt, i know people that can drive around the trails, and by looking at tire tracks or at foot prints tell you who was there, when and where they went.. its not as remote as it use to be..

sure you could live in the woods for a while, but before long the game warden would come along and force you to either leave or face fines or jail time..
the only real way to live in the woods any more in the U.S. is to own them.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
YOu can always go live in the woods.... sigh.

im not joking. Go live in the woods. find your own food and build a shelter.

Read more of the links I posted.
www.scribd.com...

If you like it so much …

People who dislike what I’m saying will challenge me this way: “If you’re so crazy about the tribal life,why don’t you get a spear and go live in a cave?”

The tribal life isn’t about spears and caves or about hunting and gathering. Hunting and gathering is a lifestyle, an occupation, a way of making a living. A tribe isn’t a particular occupation; it’s a social organization that facilitates making a living.

Do not trust the links and everything else I provided ? Go search for yourself. Give me 1 single story of a native person that voluntarily chooses "our" civilization and just loves it, and speaks about his miserable existence before. You will not find any.

Don't want to search for yourself ? Why do you post here then if you are not interested ?

Originally posted by DezertSkies
ALL THE TIME, ENERGY, RESOURCES devoted to keeping track of an imaginary symbol could be put to use doing something useful, like making sure EVERYBODY is fed, clothed, and sheltered, NO exceptions, and ESPECIALLY not excepting and excluding those without a handful of "permission to survive" notes issued by the government.

DezertSkies I agree. Working for all of these things, and only for them, including the modern machines that make them = 10% of the environmental destruction of today, and 100 times less work than today. Free time for all. That is freedom, not "freedom to vote".

One anecdote about the school describes how a self-motivated group of 9-to-12-year-olds learned the entire arithmetic curriculum from first to sixth grade in twenty contact hours.ii An outside educational expert was not surprised:

www.ascentofhumanity.com...

Some more stuff:
Gift based economy, page 1
"Advanced civilization" - the hunter gatherers, page 1
"Work for all", page 1
The Lakota way of life, page 1
Why capitalism can never work, page 1

[edit on 25-6-2009 by pai mei]

[edit on 25-6-2009 by pai mei]

<< 1  2   >>

join