It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police caught LIEING about Death of London Protester (Video Proof of police assaulting him unprovok

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Just because you guys think there will be trouble, most people won't bother going onto the streets and tearing up the place over one guys accidental death. Thankfully, the British public is a little more sensible than the gangbanger population of downtown LA.....

"accidental murder" you mean. The police caused the trauma that killed the guy, that much is clear. I'm positive that if he had not been struck, and knocked down, that he would be alive today.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I said this on another post about this. It will be interesting to see what the ipcc do! See if they actually have any power?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I find that people who blanket label all cops as evil are sociopaths and criminals. I believe that without exception, such people are only angry because the police represent the consequences that they have to pay for living a lawless lifestyle.

Oh, sure, there's quite a few bad cops out there. The one in this video is one of them. However, on the other hand consider this:

If I were to organize a game of tug-of-war between two groups, and I had all the bad cops I've ever met pulling on one end of the rope while all of the people I know who have been helped by the police pulling on the other end of the rope, the bad cops would be pulled into the mud pit before the game even started.

Separate question. What did the victim in that video actually die of? It looked like he caught himself before he hit his head on anything, and I've never heard of somebody dying after being smacked in the leg with a stick before.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
How the hell did he die from that injury?

Talk about bad luck.

Great job on exposing London's police state!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was wondering if this kind of injury could cause a bloot clott in his leg that could then have traveled to heart causing a heart attack?

any paramedics / doctors here who could clarify?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
They do have a lot of explaining to do...

1. Why did the Met and City Police both state that they hadn't encountered this man prior to his collapse?

2. Why was he attacked while he was walking away, non-threatening, and while the officers were not experiencing any violence?

3. Why did that officer have to move him? There wasn't a Police line, there were people milling about BEHIND THEM!

4. Why did the Police state that they were "under fire" while trying to treat him? There is footage of that too, there is one bottle thrown and the entire crowd scream to stop, and they do. They were not under "sustained fire" from anyone either while he was attacked or while they were treating him.

5. Why did the officer not come forward when this allegation was made?

6. Why didn't the officers colleagues present come forward when this investigation was announced?

7. Where is the CCTV footage covering this area, and why did the Police deny the incident when they would have seen this on that footage?

And the most important question...

Why did both the Met and City Police think that they could get away with this, did they not notice the hundreds of cameras pointed at them? Are they really that f'ing stupid?

This all suggests that the Met and City forces are corrupt. It seems that they acted violently on that day toward citizens of this country, and it appears that they then made a coordinated effort to cover it up.
They tried to give the impression that the protesters were to blame, and that the protesters hindered their assistance to this man.

Clearly, they lied.

But, what will happen? Nothing. The officer will be let off. His colleagues won't face any questions. It's business as usual.
The same will happen at the next gathering of world leaders and the cycle will continue. In fact it might just get worse as more officers are seemingly allowed to get away with it, and they'll just enact more legislation to prevent the gathering of evidence by the public.

And they wonder why the people are so f'ing angry?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
I find that people who blanket label all cops as evil are sociopaths and criminals. I believe that without exception, such people are only angry because the police represent the consequences that they have to pay for living a lawless lifestyle.

Wrong, the police absolutely destroyed my life for no reason. This makes them murderers. They have effectively ended my life, and they have never got me to commit any crime.

So if they have done thsi to me, and i have not done anything(fact), they must of done this to so many other people. They are just a law untoo themselves.

Crimianls and police are no differnet, both are out there to destroy innocent lifes.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MeanDirtyKiller
How the hell did he die from that injury?

Talk about bad luck.

Great job on exposing London's police state!

It happens all over the world, someone might hit you in the leg, and you die of a heart atatck, or kids doing karate, and a simple innocent kick in the chest and the kid dies.

The way of the world, and that policeman is a murderer, and should be in prison.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Uh huh. I'm sure they just saw you walking down the street and decided to wreck your life for no good reason at all. And I'm sure it was ALL cops who made that decision, too. I bet they held a conference. Every cop in the country had to make a mandatory speech, and at the end, they voted. And every single cop voted that people named Andy should suffer. Give me a break.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Uh huh. I'm sure they just saw you walking down the street and decided to wreck your life for no good reason at all. And I'm sure it was ALL cops who made that decision, too. I bet they held a conference. Every cop in the country had to make a mandatory speech, and at the end, they voted. And every single cop voted that people named Andy should suffer. Give me a break.

I don't think every cop is bad - but I don't think it takes a sociopath/criminal to have a disdain/dislike for the police in general.

I think most people agree that murder, assaults, rapes are bad things and we need laws to essentially protect us all from those who commit such crimes. But the problems come with lesser 'crimes' which do range from drug offences through to very simples things like parking laws, not being able to carry an open container in various parts of town, the right for police to demand all your details and search you with very little cause to do so....

It's these little laws I think that bring most regular 'law abiding' citizens into conflict with the police.

I dislike the police because of their Stazi like enforcement of some of these kind of offences... I don't give two hoots about drugs as I don't use them - but parking, searches, surveillance, driving, carrying an open container have all brought me into situations where I felt victimised/criminalised by the police for no real reason. Which is why I tend to err on the side of disliking and distrusting them when I come into contact with them.

It doesn't make anyone a criminal because they distrust/dislike the police in general because of their general policies.

Saying it does is kind of like the old phrase 'if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide' - tell that to the family of the fella who died on this occasion.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
1000's of people should call the local police there and say they have a murder caught on tape and present this evidence. Also conspiracy cover up this murder. They then should continue to keep mailing dvd copies until something is done.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by mapper]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Murder is a harsh word. This was manslaughter. I don't think the officer intended or plotted this mans death. Either way, this is how cops are programmed. We are just as guilty as they are in my honest opinion. The people have (with the help of the media) made cops have hatred towards us by means of us showing hatred towards them, instead of understanding. I wonder who coined the word "Pig" to describe a cop.

A lot of police join the force to do good and honestly think they are doing good by keeping the peace. Or keep the order as they like to refer to it. They slowly through brainwashing are turned bitter towards the citizens they sought to protect. Evolution of the mind is limitless. It's clear to me the evolution can be manipulated to suite someones needs.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I was just thinking actually about motivations for people to become police?

The only reason I know that anyone young nowadays becomes a cop is because its a fairly easy way to earn decent money, in a very secure profession, with great pension prospects.

I know a lot of people from school who still live around my town, who went on to become cops (only one or two have stuck it out for longer than 3 years)... not one of them really gives a # about the job and 'doing the right thing' 'making the world a better place'. They just want to cruise through with as little effort as possible to pick up their cheques.

The cops I know who actually do seem to have some moral connection to the job all seem to be pretty old - middle aged and older.

Maybe things have changed now? And maybe that's the problem?

Policing used to be something that only a very moral, clean living, idealistic kind of person would want to do. Now it's just become a job like any other - and as it's not a great job - it seems to attract a lot of wasters.

Lets face it - if your smart enough to goto college - or smart enough to earn six figures - you don't become a cop...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
CCTV should be a avaliable to the investigation and the public seeing as when i was there we were constantly filmed by police CCTV helicopter

Plus on the news when i got back and before i went they had footage of the crowds from this very chopper (you could tell from the angle of the shot)

Plus they had policeman with handheld cameras filming everything

Plus some of the cops on the line i saw had shoulder mounted cams

so you got the chopper fottage,handheld cam footage,shoulder footage, and the only footage that came about was from one of the protestors? stinks of cover up to me and im not normally the conspiracy type o guy

like i said in my other thread at the memorial for IAN they got an order from high up stating to come down and "disrupt" the peacefull vigil

just looked at the IPCC website and check this out

IPCC chairman Nick Hardwick defended the decision to use City of London police officers - who it later emerged could have been involved in the incident - to help gather evidence.

so they are using officers that participated in the protests to gather evidence for the IPCC who has many members who are EX police?

They shot jean charles 7 times in the head on a crowded train and they got away with it what makes you think they will not get away with this?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Here, here. Well said.

I saw the chopper and the police with their shoulder mounted cams/handy cams. They also had camera people - looked like contractors - situated on high up vantage points, balconies etc.

Not to mention the hundreds of newspaper photographers that were around.

Plus I can confirm that CCTV covers practically every inch of The City - there are NO dead zones as far as I know. It's one of the most surveilled places on the planet.

If they say this isn't on CCTV that is a bare faced lie.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

yeah nice one i forgot to mention the camera guys up high. i read a thread before i went that they turned off 160 cameras in central but im not sure which and where these cameras were.

they play games with the CCTV me and my sister have been wrongly arrested in newquay before but we knew the person who HAD been rightly arrested when they showed him the CCTV of himself they cut it right at the bit where they assaulted me and my sister! so stuff like that does happen they always look out for themselves

What part of cornwall are you from? if you dont mind me asking i used to live in newqauy for 3 years you traveled all the way to london for the protests? what a hero

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
"The IPCC investigating rather than say another unrelated police force smacks of 'special treatment' and the police protecting their own."

Therefore, you can expect promotions for all of the involved officers. Sadly, I am not kidding.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"The IPCC investigating rather than say another unrelated police force smacks of 'special treatment' and the police protecting their own."

Therefore, you can expect promotions for all of the involved officers. Sadly, I am not kidding.

Funnily enough you're not wrong! I believe a couple of the officers in the De Menenez case have subsequently been promoted - although in honesty I don't think that was connected with the actual shooting.

I don know of a couple of cases where armed response unit officers were involved in fatal shootings by the police and WERE promoted as a direct result - even after the cases were investigated because their were circumstances that pointed to incompetence by the police.

One of these was the incident a while back where the police shot a man brandishing a chair-leg - mistaking it for a shotgun. Fair enough - they were in a very difficult situation - but I think if the IPCC took it seriously enough to investigate it, there must have been good grounds. Hence it would probably be at the very least insensitive to the dead mans family to offer the officer involved a promotion so soon afterwards.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Dutty_Rag]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I think ultimately this is all really tragic.

Reading posts here, watching the news, speaking to people - everyone has completely lost confidence in the police. I don't know one person who has anything particularly positive to say about the police service in general and police officers (other than the usual 'they do a difficult job').

If no one has any confidence in the police - then surely that should be telling the powers that be its time for BIG changes in how police are managed, recruited, trained and ultimately deployed...

Time for a more passive, reactionary police force - bobbies on the beat preventing crime as it happens. As opposed to proactive - stop crime before people even think of committing it - special units for 'this' - special units for 'that' - paperwork, quotas, zero accountability (remember - its the publics perception that's important)...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Are you guys daft???

Am I missing something???? I listened to that officer about a dozen times, and Im pretty sure he's talking about what happened after Ian Tomlinson collapsed later on after already walking away, not why he was struck with a baton in the first place. He's talking about when they went to get him with the paramedics.

I think you guys are trying to hear what you want to hear, please listen to him again.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join