It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Know Your American Civics- Take The Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %

Average score for this quiz during April: 74.7%
Average score: 74.7%

Haha! however, it says average score...thats average this month. the actual stats are:

The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

Darn...should have gone with my first choices...would've been 100%.I always warned students not to second-guess themselves, lol, should've followed my own advice.

Interesting little quiz with some odd history questions as opposed to strictly governmental ones. But I always have disliked multiple-guess type quizzes; I seldom if ever gave them, because anyone with a passing knowledge of English language structure and probability theory should be able to pass one without having the slightest knowledge of the subject matter. Two answers are usually obviously wrong, and the structure of the question itself usually pinpoints the correct answer. That said, this particular quiz touches upon one of my interest areas, so I'm rather disappointed with my poor performance: I shouldn't have missed any.

edit-sp

[edit on 13-4-2009 by apacheman]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
29 out of 33

Pretty tricky with the economic questions. It proves a point though americans dont know the system as well as they should.

If we all were aware of how the system should work things would be a lot different. Government wouldnt be able to con us like they do.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

You answered 28 out of 33 correctly — 84.85 %

I have never set foot in the United States, nor am I a student of civics, but the quiz isn't that hard for someone who keeps abreast with current affairs. I find it slightly disturbing that so many American members scored less than I did.

The person who said Q.30 is biased is wrong. The answer given as correct is indeed standard policy for any country that has a currency board. Right now, everyone's doing it, even the Chinese.

Ian McLean, the question that needs the word 'average' in the answer is Q.33, isn't it? I missed it too, for the same reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
Ian McLean, the question that needs the word 'average' in the answer is Q.33, isn't it? I missed it too, for the same reason.

Yep. I thought the question somehow implied an apportioned federal tax, similar to the original Constitutional provision. Didn't think about it too much at the time, but the answer I chose needs a "tends to" in order to be more correct. Perhaps I'm just too picky about phrasing.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
27 of 33, 81.82%

Better than I expected. Although I don't usually take quizzes, so what do I know?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Better than I'd feared.

Some of the questions seemed kind of twisted, maybe it's just been too long since college...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Crap!

You answered 26 out of 33 correctly — 78.79 %

Average score for this quiz during April: 74.5%
Average score: 74.5%

Answers to Your Missed Questions:
Question #4 - B. Would slavery be allowed to expand to new territories?
Question #8 - C. appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his views
Question #12 - B. the Supreme Court struck down most legal restrictions on it in Roe v. Wade
Question #13 - E. certain permanent moral and political truths are accessible to human reason
Question #14 - B. stressed the sinfulness of all humanity
Question #30 - C. decreasing taxes and increasing spending
Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I scored 78.79% Of the questions I missed, I had changed my answer at the last minute for all but 1...had I gone with my gut, I would have scored much higher.

What is shameful are the average scores of the American people... sad to see how little we know about our own government, it's history and how it operates... sadly, I even know people who cannot remember the pledge of allegiance...immigrants who become citizens know more about America than Americans do!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

You answered 27 out of 33 correctly — 81.82 %

I'm pretty happy with that.

I think that it's kinda funny that one of the choices for the Puritan question was that they went to Utah under the leadership of Brigham Young. Maybe it's just me. I really thought that they came to America for religious freedom though--guess I was wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I scored 28 out of 33... 84.85%.. not bad not bad... for a canadian

More study needed! Everyone should take this test...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
87.88%

Failed on four though

Question #4 - B. Would slavery be allowed to expand to new territories?
Question #10 - C. Religion
Question #28 - C. requires those with higher incomes to pay a higher ratio of taxes to income
Question #29 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying for it

Not bad considering I was born and bred on a wee island off Scotland's west coast

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
31 out of 33--93.93%

Pretty good, but I'm actually a little embarrassed. I used to teach civics! I quit teaching 6 years ago, but still...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
You answered 29 out of 33 correctly — 87.88 %

There were a few that I was sketchy about and I changed my answers on three of them to the wrong answer.

I shouldn't second guess myself.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetpeanc

31 out of 33--93.93%

Pretty good, but I'm actually a little embarrassed. I used to teach civics! I quit teaching 6 years ago, but still...

Well now! So lets grade on a curve and I'll be OK! Fellow test takers, there no point in missing this opportunity.

Roper

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm ok with that.

The ones I missed were more "history" than "civics"

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You answered 31 out of 33 correctly — 93.94 %

Average score for this quiz during April: 74.2%
Average score: 74.2%

Answers to Your Missed Questions:

Question #27 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means and ends
Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person

Question #33 really should say "per capita" rather than "per person". I ruled it out since a person making $100,000 per year gets taxed more than they receive, as an individual, from the government than someone on welfare. So I went with: "A. Government debt is zero". Of course, that means only the government debt in the given year, and doesn't include the accrued debt from all the past busted budgets.

Edit to add: And I don't get why the "Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas" question was in there.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Tuning Spork]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Edit to add: And I don't get why the "Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, Aquinas" question was in there.

It was to outline the concept that societal priorities and morals change over time. It is one of the reasons why we have had amendments to the constitution over the years.

I will back up Crikey when he stated that the survey was skewed toward a conservative ideological philosophy. This was especially apparent with the globalist economic questions. Many of which, should have been "none of the above."

[edit on 4/29/2009 by clay2 baraka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join