It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks continue to rally...DOW over 8000 points!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What's up with that?

Dow 8,083.38 +246.27 +3.14%

Nasdaq 1,652.54 +61.88 +3.89%

S&P 500 856.56 +31.40 +3.81%

10 Yr Bond(%) 2.9260% +0.0790 +0.0790%

Appears stocks over the past few weeks have been in an upward trend. I am surprised to see DOW over 8k. I thought for sure it would drop below 6000 before it started a climb. wonder what the job loss stats will look like for the month of april. Gold Dropping, stocks climbing...manipulation of the elite, or average joe buying stuff again?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

This gets discussed at length here daily.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
So what? The US economy is still screwed.

It's only going up because of government intervention and trillions of $$$ injected in the system. The 5 biggest banks are still worthless.

People are losing their jobs, buying less. The rally is only a bear market rally, next time it goes down again, it will go below 6000, probably before the year is out.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Joe is buying again, walmart and others are recording good profits.
www.foxbusiness.com...

Good link up there, check it out.

Most people are starting to forget about the recession and spending, which is good, but even if it goes up to its previous 14,500 area, it will slide down again, and be much, much less forgiving.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On the other hand gold went down only $2.00.
Something is not adding up here. Your looking at a bubble escalating in size and when that bubble pops watch out.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ciphor

I know I have been buying for the past four months now. Glad I did too. Bank of America and Ford are two that I have been buying weekly since then. Was a real good day today! Anyway I think that some people are starting to put money in the market again, slowly. They dont want to miss out on a once and a lifetime opportunity. Also it is possible that this recession isnt as bad as some people think, like we are not heading for another great depression. Also when a deep recession like this ends you will see gains in the market faster then a normal recession. And the market will also recover before the economy does. I think the market is show we are def. bottoming out. If the world can get through commercial and credit card defaults we will be fine. I wonder what all the NWO people will say then. I mean, according to people on this site, the NWO is working towards totally collapsing the world economy and Obama and all the other world leaders are in on it. Guess if the stimulus works and we pull out of this, then maybe the NWO doesnt really exist. Not the way people on this board things they do at least.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bputman
On the other hand gold went down only $2.00.
Something is not adding up here. Your looking at a bubble escalating in size and when that bubble pops watch out.

It is not suprising that gold is around the same. Even if the market were to go to 12000, gold will still hover around 800$. BTW, I am not saying the market is going to go back to 12000 anytime soon.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Gold has been as high as 1000, I wouldn't be surprised to see it there again in the near future. I do think the stocks are going to start declining a good amount, I think we'll be seeing 6000 or lower. Job loss is going to continue and debt is going to rise, this uptick is not going to last.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I think it has to do a lot with the accounting change made last week. Supposedly many banks will show profit due to that change. I think the government is trying to make people believe that all that spending is really making a difference.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

We may test the lows, may even hit 6600 again, but I highly doubt we will break the 6000 mark. The panic has passed. Not saying there isnt more bad news ahead, but the worst is behind us. Job losses will start to bottom out by the end of next month, if not sooner. Also the stimulus is starting to hit the economy finally. I know 80% of the people on this board think the economy is going to completely collapse, but it just isnt going to happen. Feel bad for all the doom and gloomers who are wrong again.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

It is not only that they think it will fail they want it to fail. There was a thread on here where many proclaimed the joy they would have if everything took a crap. Forget all the people that would suffer and die or the children that would suffer and die the thought of the misery of others makes their panties wet.

On the other hand I posted several times last year that even without government help we would see things start to get better by the middle of this year and there would be a turnaround (though not complete) by the end of this year. I am not saying some will not see some hard times and that there will not be further bad news for many but things are going to be better by the end of the year. It will take the U. S. though several years to completely turn things around and notice a gain again.

Raist

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Let me just copy paste this thread in here for you guys
Fed sees no signs of recovery this year

I feel like shouting I told you so, but Im not in the mood for that. Just wait and see. I know my economics, you can ask a lot of people here on the boards I am quite affluent in the subject. The economy is going to take 6+ years to get better. The stock market is no sign of a better economy, just people making and losing money.
Now if you want a good sign of the times go to my buddy Hx3's thread.
Depression Validated

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by Raist

Let me just copy paste this thread in here for you guys
Fed sees no signs of recovery this year

I feel like shouting I told you so, but Im not in the mood for that. Just wait and see. I know my economics, you can ask a lot of people here on the boards I am quite affluent in the subject. The economy is going to take 6+ years to get better. The stock market is no sign of a better economy, just people making and losing money.
Now if you want a good sign of the times go to my buddy Hx3's thread.
Depression Validated

I did not say it was fixed and things were rolling smoothly. If that is what you think I was saying go back and reread my post.

Also I want to add it does not matter how much of an “expert” think you are on a subject you can still be wrong about said subject. I have seen many an “expert” or one who is “quite affluent” wind up eating crow.

You may also wish to see my last line again before you do the “I told you so” thing.

Originally posted by Raist

It will take the U. S. though several years to completely turn things around and notice a gain again.

Raist

I qoted posted because the reply thing is screwed up again.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

It wasnt really directed at you, just everyone in the thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasnt making a personal attack.

Edit: I'm no expert, just affluent in the subject.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
IF you think the bottom is in, then you are delusional....

The fundementals that caused this mess have not changed,
infact they have escalated in the wrong direction....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I think it has to do a lot with the accounting change made last week. Supposedly many banks will show profit due to that change. I think the government is trying to make people believe that all that spending is really making a difference.

DING DING DING

it's seem the road is down the path to dollar devaluation in order to reduce bad debts....since those in charge apparently can't let over valued debts be haircut.........so with unemployment falling like a rock.....and less loaning to small business's and consumers..........seems they are either leading us down the road to pain (in order to get us to accept something that is not to pleasent as a solution) or they are just bailing out there buddies with over valued debt before they devalue and reduce total debts...

this spending can not continue at this rate.....with the consumer increasingly unemployed....and house prices falling

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
reply to post by Raist

It wasnt really directed at you, just everyone in the thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasnt making a personal attack.

Edit: I'm no expert, just affluent in the subject.

No problem, I simply took your replying to my post as it being directed at me. I didn’t take it as an attack so to speak though, that is just how I tend to speak (it annoys my wife as well so you are in good company).

As far as expert or affluent goes they are close enough. Either way there is always the chance of being wrong. And since that statement comes from the Fed I do not believe them anyway. They only help to spread fear as well which is one of the reasons I believe we are seeing so much violence in the media lately. If you keep the public fearful they will turn on themselves and they will not be watching you.

Raist

I am begining to hate the reply button.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yes, creating an even more false economy, give it a few more years and the only people with jobs will be the guys on wall st betting on who´s the last one standing.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What you are seeing is the natural result of the bail out funds that have been flowing freely for over 16 months now. This is a bubble that is going to pop very soon and I for one am not looking forward to anyone suffering because of it.
But the reality of the subject is that it has become an artificial inflation as of late. The companies that have gotten the funds have not used them to put themselves in a better position other than buying up other companies and sitting on the rest for when the prices dip and they can again jump in and buy up at will.
Within the next 2weeks you will again see gold jump because they will again be buying it up, it has been a cycle that if one has paid attention is easy to see.
They pump and dump the market and buy up gold raising the price then dump the gold and start a buy up at fire sale prices yet again. This current market trend has nothing to do with the normal american or even forgien investor. It has to do with the major players manipulating the markets to squeeze out everything they can before it crashes for good.
Pay better attention to your history past and current and watch the trends. It is coming and they have to get as much as they can to ride it out intact. If they don't they won't be around to stay in control of their companies, they will also loose their foot hold in politics.
These people have made it through several recession's and even depression's there is a reason for that. Stop playing the game and pay attention first to what they are doing and you too will get through it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
When I see this only one thing pops into my head.

there is a clip on Endgame where they are speaking with Daniel Estawhatever. He is talking about what had been "discussed" in the Bilderburg meeting. He talks about everything we have seen so far, sub prime implosion etc etc. He goes on to say that they would then bring the market back up and get the remaining sheeple to invest what they have left.

I can't help but wonder if we are seeing that ring true as well. The markets are FAR from stable. If they continue to improve, I can see how some would jump right in to invest once again trying to strike while the iron was hot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join