It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Big Bang: A Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For those that find the big bang theory of the universe plausible, myself one of those people, I pose a question.

Do you think it's possible that an advanced civilization thats gone through the same history of wars and violence, came to a conclusion that war is unnecessary.

After coming to this conclusion removing all nuclear arms from their planet by carelessly launching them into space.

Eventually colliding with something, anything, creating our sun in the process, fields of debris that overtime formed planets.

Given the recklessness and violent tendencies of our species, is this out of the question?

Point out any obvious flaws I've missed, I know so little about space.

I was just thinking about how we would deal with total nuclear disarmament, thinking that is one of the options, and possible outcomes if it were done.

And that history repeats itself, so if we could do it, it could have been done before.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There simply isn't enough mass to cause what you are describing, if you look at our planet as an example.

If we can take every nuclear device, and detinate them at the same moment, it still wouldn't equal the suns output every second.

I am not sure exactly how this is related to the Big Bang. The topic doesn't seem to match the meat of your post.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I'd advise you in a nice way, to research the sun a bit more.

War isn't useless, they way we use it, is at times silly, but war is needed in a civilization such as ours with different religions eager for a good blood bath.

Nuclear disarnment, well theres a treaty that announces greatly no nuclear weapon shall enter space! Everyone has agreed so for now, that's out of the question.

I'd suppose youd have to dissassemble them, if possible, not a nuclear physicist sorry.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hmmm just had a thought......

Maybe since we for all w know could be absolutely TINY compared to other planets maybe 2 GIGANTIC planets collide somewhere and to us since we are sooo small it seemed INCREDIBLY large.

Just a thought anyway ye I think it could be definitely plausible I mean yes the stuff we have today may not be enough but who knows an advanced civilization’s could have been I mean they was advanced no??

although just because they was advanced it doesn’t mean they could do this correct but it definitely means it was possible I mean like I said before maybe it just seemed rater big because we are sooo small and the weapons were soo advanced.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I dont know how a bunch of nuclear arms going off in this space would equal the creation of a new space.

All the nuclear weapons blasts on this planet wouldnt equal the mass of even our sun, as was already mentioned.

Impossible.

The mass of the big bang would have been an unbelievable amount to create everything we see.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Hey

This "" advanced civilization "" are and were We. (Simple the humans)

We built the universe. There exist a part in us, means god is in us. This part is the "undermind of humans". There exist no Me or You. There only exist a We.
So we built it. With our thoughts and with our energy.

If there were other civilisations which fall down or if we are those humans? Who will know this exactly?
Its a simple feeling to know such things.

Once i had a strange Vision: I felt with my mind into the smallest kind of existance. An Atom. Recognizing that everything is one thing. One perfect all including haromy, i saw there exist in every Atom the Big Bang. Timeless and endless. Cause everything is one. There is a up and down and there are words which told: Up is down and down is up. In is out and out is in.
Those words means what i realized there: In every Atom of the universe, exist a little big bang. A big bang is called for the beginning of existance and this beginning starts every moment again. again and again and again..

Nia

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
isn't that the plot of superman II ?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NW111

Amazing that you came to this conclusion because a lot of it is fact. Inside each atom is a nucleus made of protons and nuetrons. In each of these are quarks which are up quarks and down quarks which hold energy. beneath those are bosons and so forth. The smaller something is, the more energy it has. Therefore, in each atom is a big bang, or at least the similarity of one. And that is why scientists are going to the insane to perform a feat not seen since the big bang when they turn on the LHC at CERN.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
yeah i know.. amazing.
I really saw this in a vision (2001 (!!)). So my theorie is right? cool

Also i am scared as hell with CERN. (its not so far away from me, simple 100 miles or so..)
You dont hear anything about them, since they stopped the project. Hope they dont get problems and we will all end into a big bang

Nia

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think people are referring to the matter from after the matter-antimatter annihilation event after the big bang, aren't you, the big bang wasn't actually the start of physical existence.

Between the big bang and that event all there was was an expanding void full of simple sub atomic particles, nothing existed until after the matter-antimatter annihilation event, the universe was essentially in a quantum state of existence which wasn't mass.

Then the remnants of atomic matter, basically nebulous Hydrogen, attracted to form localised mass leading to the earliest stellar masses as gravity forces compressed the attracted atomic mass to a point of fusion, then it's down to stellar life cycles and expansion which created solid matter from elements created in stars and expelled and the remains of stars of several types after the early stars relatively short lives compared to most stellar masses in our galaxy in the recent billions of years and what we know about other galaxies now.

Basically.

new topics

top topics

join