It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon structures: Clavius crater (photos and JLW video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hello, I did a search for Clavius crater on the Moon and found some threads mentioning it but the one that looked the closest to what I wanted went off into different moon anomalies. I thought if I made a thread about JUST Clavius crater future searchers can find info related to this set of anomalies in one place.

Gridkeeper/John Lenard Walson :raises rotten vegetable shield: has a new video out featuring Clavius crater and while I was investigating some of the images in the video I came across this neat picture which shows what looks to me like a house foundation and a derelict chimney. I am not sure about orientation but in the picture the craters are depressed
while in the JLW video they are spherical looking.

Here is the new JLW/Gridkeeper video. You may want to mute the sound.

here is a link to a huge photo file (1.8MB) but it loads pretty quick on my bottom end DSL.
Big Clavius crater photo

Crop of big photo in link above:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1f6b7f4675e.jpg[/atsimg]

Crop of the above crop and then brightened to show apparent structure:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e64e5c3a01b.jpg[/atsimg]

GIANT almost 10MB Clavius Crater picture

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a8caa026b38.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by mandroid]

[edit on 9-4-2009 by mandroid]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
To me, it just looks like it's a big ol' rock. Possibly like Ayers rock down there in Australia. Perhaps I'm missing something though.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You know of all the things you would expect on the moon, who the hell would have ever guessed there would be rocks there?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
that cheese is of such great size...
it must be of alien origin

star, flag.... -star, -flag

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
You know of all the things you would expect on the moon, who the hell would have ever guessed there would be rocks there?

Originally posted by octotom
To me, it just looks like it's a big ol' rock. Possibly like Ayers rock down there in Australia. Perhaps I'm missing something though.

Really? Ayers rock? rocks? The object in question clearly has straight sides and exists within a crater. What kind of impact would it take or what kind of natural underlying geology would it take for a crater producing impact to leave a structure with apparently straight sides and something approaching 90 degree angles? Rocks? Possibly but they were deposited after the formation of the crater. Where did they come from? Outer space? Then why didn't they make the crater? If they did it sure was an unusual object.

Thanks for your insightful contributions.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mandroid

shadows... erosion... environment... you say these "straight edge" rocks cant be explained naturally? if i had a penny for every cliff face ive seen id be.... well nevermind.

exits? wheres the doorknob? some mighty interesting alien hive youv uncovered.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One of Jupiter's moons, Miranda I think, has a little "nub" in the middle. I believe the stated cause would be from dust and rock settling down after impact.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Alright in this picture the structure in my OP does kind of alight with rocks to the right in the way this picture is oriented.

This photo raises more questions than answers.

If no one minds I will keep putting Clavius crater and immediate vicinity here.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
reply to post by mandroid

shadows... erosion... environment... you say these "straight edge" rocks cant be explained naturally? if i had a penny for every cliff face ive seen id be.... well nevermind.

exits? wheres the doorknob? some mighty interesting alien hive youv uncovered.

I didn't say they can't be explained. I asked the question because it seemed out of place. There is no reason to get mad at me for asking questions. I'm not selling t-shirts or anything. Walson's video got me curious about clearer still photos so I searched "Clavius crater" in Google and chose large and extra large pictures and was amazed to see such clarity. It is also amazing how much things look different depending on the angle and lighting.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Here is an image of Porter crater taken by Lunar Orbiter IV from an altitude of 1,863 miles. Quite a bit more detail is visible than in the telescopic images from Earth. Looks like a rather typical central peak formation.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/a39f42c16b69ff21.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Phage]

new topics

top topics

join