It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart / Nancy Pelosi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
www.thedailyshow.com...

the daily show link cut some of it out, but the hulu link has the bolded section.

Hulu Link

Jon: Can we just print money?

Nancy: Oh they do.

Jon: Literally just...

Nancy: [interrupting]No, the fed does.

Jon: they just keep printing it...

Nancy: That's one of the issues that we have with the fed... when they gave the money to AIG we said we didn't know you had 80 billion dollars, we have 800 billion dollars.

Jon: Cause it's not based on gold anymore, we can really do what we want, no one has to know. Who's gonna be mad? The Chinese? They already have us.

Nancy: They[the Chinese] do hold a substantial amount of treasury notes, no question about that but, I don't think they're up for negotiating the terms of that.

Jon: So you don't feel like, because you have such a good majority in the house, you don't feel like the Pelosi, Ried, Obama trifecta will run roughshod over American's liberties and bankrupt our nation, enslaving our children to a history of debt and thus bringing a tyrannical fascist rule to the people, that in your mind is not what you're discussing privately?

Nancy: [Laughs] No it isn't, what we're discussing privately and publicly is a budget which is a blueprint for the future, which creates jobs, which educates our children, which provides health care for all Americans, which takes our deficit down, which gives a tax cut for 95% of the American people.

Jon: It sounds incredibly realistic.

There's more of the interview but its just pelosi boasting about all they've accomplished thus far.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by djzombie]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Pelosi cant really be so stupid that she doesnt realize that he is being sarcastic, can she? Oh, I guess she can. I guess she is not evil, just unbelievably stupid.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is nothing but a big power trip for this woman! When I watch her in the Chamber I just want to scream!!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Just seems odd to me it was stripped of that particular part of the interview on the dailyshow.com, but hulu still has it. I wonder if they'll be asked to remove it as well, or if they already have.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm not really into Stewart, but the sad thing is that only comedians are allowed to talk about the reality in the USA and to ask questions that matter. George Carlin and Bill Hicks are true examples of that.

She just laughs it out when he asks her about printing worthless money and being broke or moving towards a fascist state. Stewart is on the fence sometimes but he can get away with it because he's a comedian.

Cheers,
DeLarge

top topics

join