It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: House Passes Emergency Election Bill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Agent47Split the congress between remaining senators and reps and then use the supreme court and executive branch to bear the burden.

Doesn't that sort of # up the 'checks and balances' facet of our government?
Snother problem- the people whop's senators and reps died will be totally lost. You think a congressman from California, voted in by Californians and who's responsibiltiy is to California, is going to vote for what is in the interests of Maine jsut because he was appointed to that position? Bad idea to split loyalties IMO.

Originally posted by Satyr

I'm not talking about hiring politicians. I'm talking about something organized by "real" individuals, who want to be in charge of their own lives, not everyone elses'. That's what we need. "Freedom" is a joke now days. We have the gov't so far up our asses, in our private lives, I feel raped. Everyone should.

Sure, but those people don't exist.

[Edited on 4-25-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Doesn't that sort of # up the 'checks and balances' facet of our government?

It wouldnt be a permanent thing, it would be an interim facet of the government until replacements can be elected.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What do you mean they don't exist? You exist, I exist, and so do millions of other men and women all over the country who truly believe in restoring the power to the people. Despite popular belief, not all of us have been seduced with dreams of wealth & power.

The founding fathers may not have been perfect men, but the important thing was their belief in personal freedom and responsibility, as well as their distrust of government. People like that do still exist. If they don't, then there is no hope for the US anyways, so the government may as well do what it pleases. Also, if those people didn't exist, neither would this board, since it is made up of individuals who are against the government's usurping of powers.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Yeah! What the hell do you mean they don't exist? Just because they have no interest in controlling the masses and making a profit does not mean they don't exist! I'm one of them. I know many people who are those types of people....good, honest people, who believe in "Live and let live!", and not exploiting every damn loophole they can possibly find to benefit themselves.
If you don't think they exist, you're hanging in the wrong circles.
Look to the Libertarian party. They still believe in a non-interfering gov't.

[Edited on 4-26-2004 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join